2003 Chrysler Town and Country - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:
Chrysler needs to work on problems
By texasamy1313 on 01/21/08 07:30 AM (PST)

2003 Chrysler Town and Country LXi Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Town and Country van and would buy another one but I would not buy one without an extended warranty. Numerous problems from small, (sliding door lock broke), to large problems, (today I am having my rack and pinion replaced), have had me in the shop at least 4 times a year. Also, the dealership LIED to me about the warranty covering a rental car. It only covers a rental car if the car has to stay over night. As a single mom this makes it more difficult for me to get to work and chauffeur kids around when my car is in the shop! Chrysler- please work on the quality of your automobiles!

Nothing But Trouble
By Soccer Mom 2 on 03/31/07 01:28 AM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler Town and Country EX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Never had a vehicle with so many problems. Have had transmission pump replaced 2 times (dealer would not acknowledge there was a transmission problem, only the pump), front-end replacement and now it needs the power steering rack and water pump replaced. We like the vehicle features, but the reliability has been disappointing.

It's a minivan
By jazzy on 02/07/07 22:37 PM (PST)

2003 Chrysler Town and Country Limited Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned two Chrysler vans the first was smaller and more sporty, but never caused me an ounce of problems. I traded up to the newer fancier version and have very good luck with it as well. Although I liked driving the smaller van better, It felt more fun, This van is also very comfortable, but you can definitely feel the weight of the limited, even with the larger engine.

Can't be beat
By Mike on 01/16/07 08:43 AM (PST)

2003 Chrysler Town and Country eL FFV Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this Town & Country with 17,000 miles. Now have 55,000 and I've had no problems. Runs smooth, handles great and gets as much as 26 mpg on long trips. Recently put on Goodyear Assurance Comfortred tires and the ride is second to none and very quiet. I had a Plymouth Voyager that I bought new and traded in with 137,000 miles that held up well so I decided to stay with a Chrysler product and am very happy.

T&C a Van that finally fits
By Hawkmiester on 11/24/06 12:38 PM (PST)

2003 Chrysler Town and Country EX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This van has been just great. Good comfort driving. Lots of room with and without passengers. After 80K mi., no major problems, just std, maint. I used synthetic oil since the van was new. Purrs like a kitten.

my second town and country
By MADGE BURCH on 11/04/06 08:35 AM (PST)

2003 Chrysler Town and Country EX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

have enjoyed it so much, as well as the previous one, that I plan to get another if they will change to more color selection and exterior design. I hate to buy one just like I have, then have them change model design and color. Also would like an option of more fuel savings. I love the snub nose, the room in back, look forward to back seat going into the floor. It would be great to have collapsible "boxes" in back for groceries, etc., in addition to hooks. Love the comfort. have had a bit of trouble with the automatic door opening/closing.

Don't judge a book by it's cover
By Frustrated on 08/21/06 03:55 AM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler Town and Country Limited Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the T&C new. The reasons I purchased it still exist: lux leather, ample seating, kid friendly, comfortable seating for 7, many cool features. Lots of bells and whistles. No reliability though. I am 55k miles in - I am on my THIRD transmission. My compressor is shot. I have replaced my front brake pads 6 times, rotors 3 times and calipers once (when they began to smolder). The power sliding door failed twice. The rear door has disconnected 3 times. I have had the car rendered useless and needed to be towed to the dealer - but boy are those heated seats and cupholders nice. I have learned my lesson. Unfortunately it cost me quite a bit of money. No more American cars here.

a little more class needed
By phyllis alport on 08/05/06 08:12 AM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler Town and Country LXi Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

carpet and seats not as plush as once were- leather not as soft either console in middle is rounded still not square so nothing can sit on it without falling off-should be square with a smalllip on the back so things can set on it and not slide into back seat area to floor

3 year review
By pleased on 06/15/06 22:58 PM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler Town and Country EX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We have owned our van for 3 years and have 57k miles on it. So far one set of tires and brakes are all we have had to spend money on so far. There have been a couple of recall/service bulletin repairs, but other than that no real inconveniences. We get 17-19 mpg in normal driving and 22-25 on the highway. Stopping at drive throughs cuts down on the mileage! The only complaint I have is the engine doesn't run as smooth as I think it should, dealer says everthing is OK. I didn't want a MV when we went shopping for a vehicle, but after driving it and checking out its features I was sold. It is a perfect family vehicle and I plan on replacing it with a 2006 Town & Country with stow n go seats.

Chrysler Town and Country
By puli on 06/10/06 10:41 AM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler Town and Country Limited Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We average aprox 25,000 miles /year-- car does everthing that we want This is our fourth Town and Country