Used 2003 Chrysler Town and Country Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

Lemon
By Brian Sherrets

2003 Chrysler Town and Country LX Family Value Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I purchased our Chrysler Town and Country new off of the floor. Within weeks we had it in the dealer for repairs, and then continued to take it in monthly for one thing or another. We are experiencing a shock and sway bar problem, along with a fuel pump issue that makes very noticeable noise. We have taken the vehicle in for the shocks and sway bar to be told that there is nothing wrong. The fuel pump issue will cost us close to $800.00 - $1000.00. We travel with kids for different sporting events and many parents like the space and are impressed with the availability to remove seats for more room but I am honest with them when I tell them that they would end up with a lemon.

Favorite Features

Seating, space, comfort..

Not So Great Quality
By Penguinfan

2003 Chrysler Town and Country Limited AWD 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

To start off, my van only gets 11 mpg. It has had the transmission rebuilt twice, has had 6 sets of rear Infinity speakers & 2 radios because of a buzzing noise. Has been in the shop a lot, but it goes great in the snow and is very comfortable. Probably would buy again but would have wished it was more reliable.

Favorite Features

Infinity stereo, leather seats, chrome wheels, trailer hitch, cassette player, dvd system, all wheel drive, heated seats, dual power seats, auto climate control.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas millage (although I do live in Pittsburgh where there are many hills!) better reliability

2003 Chrysler LX
By PCR

2003 Chrysler Town and Country LX Family Value Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We love this van, now with 116,00 miles on it, runs smooth and still has power. We did not do any repairs beyond warranty and general maintenance until over 100,000 miles. We recently drove the new Chrysler town and Country and the new one does not compare to the great quality of the old 2003. The 2003 is quieter, sits up higher, more solid, rides at least 2 times as good (2003 had Monroe sensitracks on all 4's at 100K). We ended up getting a used 2007 Jeep Cherokee V6, ( very good SUV) that was much better than new Van. We are now sold on this model of Jeep and are keeping the 2003 T&C until she no longer goes, or get the cash for Jeep. Really impressed with the Cherokee.

Favorite Features

Ride is excellent, the power stays on for accessories, auto locks when driving, auto shut off on lights. Quiet ride, sits up high, solid & no rattles.

Suggested Improvements

Not much to complain about, Chrysler cheapened the new model wrecked it for Quality, ride high stature, they need to change it back, focus on quality and what people buy a van for.

hate to see it go!
By van lover

2003 Chrysler Town and Country LX Family Value Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

now has 99,000 miles, gets avg 23mpg, had a problem with window motor, front suspension, sway bar bushings, so have $400 in "repairs" since i bought it new. Giving to my daughter and hope she gets 50K miles more! Now needs front brake pads after 45K miles. They are dirty and stain the wheel covers, Love the styling of body, think it helps milage. Handles great in snow (WI). Too bad the company quality has gone to hell. Wouldn't consider a new one today!

Favorite Features

Body styling!

Suggested Improvements

Better front end design, better brake system.

love this van :)
By wizard

2003 Chrysler Town and Country EX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd MoPar mini-van & I would own none other. Yes a few issues over the years but mostly easy-fix things. This 03 did have a transmission issue that was frustrating but the out of state dealer was the headache Not Chrysler or my local dealer. I would/will always own one of these. No chop-chop foreign s-t in my driveway. USA or nothing

Favorite Features

power doors, DVD, dual heat/air, overhead console features, smooth comfortable ride, key off acc power

Suggested Improvements

Hmmmm...better sound system without volume limiter. Improve back-up lights.