2002 Chrysler Town and Country - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:
Edwin's review
By EOLR on 05/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler Town and Country Limited Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This minivan is my everyday driver and easy and comfortable to drive. I am always confident that whoever my kids want to ride with us, I can fit them in. This is my third T&C since 1992 and the oldest one is still used by my son everyday with its original ransmission. They have been reliable and no major mechanical problems.

Worst vehicle I have ever owned
By kodiak on 04/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler Town and Country LX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have had it in for services 13 times in the last 2 years. This is by far my worst vehicle purchase ever. This tells me why I should not buy american made vehicles ever again.

Disappointed
By Very_Disappointed on 03/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chrysler Town and Country LX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

The brakes wear out very early (22k miles), there are a lot of rattles, power steering hose has blown twice and dealer says we are not eligible for the recall/upgrade version of this hose because we are out of the date range (models within a specific build date range qualify for an updated power steering hose replaced via warranty). The biggest disappointment is the trade- in value, $12,800 for a vehicle in EXCELLENT condition inside and out!! This is less than half the purchase price, does this mean the vehicle has passed half it's usefull life and therefore will be worthless on it's 4th birthday?!?!

Like custom but mini.
By lori steranko on 12/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chrysler Town and Country LXi Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Great for traveling with loads of "creature comforts"! Rear seats can recline back (open) for a nice sized napping area. 3 power ports and a cellphone charger plug keeps everyone happy. Sound stereo has 10 speakers for full-around sound. This is my 2nd Chrysler van - it just keeps getting better!!

Needs more horses.
By Elmer on 11/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chrysler Town and Country Limited Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Just not enough horses for the weight. The motor idles rough. Also the body fit and finish is not as good as the 98' Pontiac Transport I had. Inside is another story. No rattles at 30000 miles. Still the nicest van I have been in. Long story short, next car/van will be a GM.

Short-lived love affair
By prdvt on 10/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chrysler Town and Country EX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This Town & Country has been one of best driving vehicles we have owned. I also think it's the best looking mini van out there. Interior comfort & convenience is very good. The stereo is excellent. Now the bad: Way too many problems for a low milage, two- year old vehicle! Leaking Transmission, (2) power windows, (3) air bag modules, (1) power sliding door.We are getting rid of it now...warranty will end soon.

HOt MINIVAN !!!
By Adrian on 10/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler Town and Country Limited AWD 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

this minivan rides smooth

Town & Country proves to be versitle
By Peter24 on 09/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler Town and Country EX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My experience with our Town & Country was a little shaky at first. For the first few months, there was a high pitch squeaking coming from the engine. We took the van in a couple times for service, in which they replaced the belts and the belt tensioning arm which. After that was fixed, the squeaking noised hasn't return been heard from since. The driving performance was never compromised and the service was excellent. The automatic doors and the ability to easily change and/or remove the inner consoles and seats has made putting the children and groceries in the van a snap. My wife and I are happy we chose the T&C over the Odyssey.

3 row seating
By gellybean on 08/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler Town and Country eL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

The hide away 3 row would be a plus!! I didn't think I would need it, I was wrong. I would be so healpful for large items or just extra room

A mixed bag
By jgoveia on 08/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler Town and Country EX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Our 1st minivan. We compared it too the Sienna and Oddyssey. The Town and Country was the best value in the group. It lacked the fit and finish of its foreign competitors, but seemed to be the overall best choice. 7,000 miles into ownership, it is about what I expected. It is comfortable to drive and handles very well. We have had a few "minor" problems early on which makes me wonder about its long-term reliability. Just try getting the fuel mileage advertised on the window. The EX does offer some of the best features of this van all in one easy package. The power doors are a godsend with small children. Overall pleased, but not wowed.