Used 2002 Chrysler Town and Country Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

Stay Away
By pamcomeau

2002 Chrysler Town and Country Limited Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this van used, but felt confident because of reviews we've read online. The van is beautiful and comes with just about every creature comfort I could imagine. However, we have also encountered every mechanical problem you can imagine. Brakes wear out very fast, gas mileage is terrible. We average 11 mpg in the city and 15 mpg on the highway. We've lost the air-bag clockpring twice, the check engine light comes on all the time, air-conditioner had to be replaced twice, too many issues to list. I would never purchase another one. Definitely not the car for these economic times, either. But it is pretty and you can fit just about the whole soccer team in there.

Shopping bag hooks. Smart Computer. CD changer. Many power outlets. Map light. Auto headlights. Heated seats and outside temp gauge.

External button for lift-gate. Gas mileage. Fix the general mechanics and electrical system so you get what you paid for.

Chrysler T&C
By Steve Davis

2002 Chrysler Town and Country Limited Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Great car. Roomy, comfortable, able to carry 7 people in comfort. Can haul a 5x8 trailer too. The interior has stood up to the wear and tear of our grandchildren without any tears. The video system has brought a great deal of enjoyment too. The climate control system works well. The only component we had trouble with was the radio. We had to replace it with one we bought on ebay for about $20. Easy to replace, took about 15 min.

Seats, doors, hauling capacity.

Bigger brakes and tires.

Town and Country nothing but trouble!
By itchimi

2002 Chrysler Town and Country Limited AWD 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Chrysler T&C 2002 AWD, 3.8L Here's a short list: Air bag light/Horn/Cruise control failure; cause clock spring, replaced 3X. Driver/pass. window failure; cause motor/reg failure, replaced pass. 2X Driver 3X. Reported to dealer under warrenty couldn't replicate problem but after warrenty ends they diagnose malfunctions. Life-Time warrenty doesn't work if Dealer claims can't replicate problems. Trans fails after 90k mi, cost over $3K. P0601 trouble code, replaced PCM, cost $800. Alternator & belt tensioner failure. Engine grinding noise after turning off, cause timing belt. All 3 pwr doors don't work properly. Brake rotors over-heat,need replacing per 15kmi. More problems than can be listed.

All the cool features, but only if they work properly which usually doen't.

SIMPLE: MAKE EVERYTHING WORK!!! Follow the Buick, Lexus and Cadillac lead. They simply got it right, MAKE EVERTHING WORK. DO NOT BUY CHRYSLER!!!

It's been 5 long years
By bman

2002 Chrysler Town and Country EX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased our 02 T&C new. We have put 66,000 miles on it and it has been nothing but trouble. Engine burns a quart of oil every 800 miles. Power steering system had to be replaced. Power doors have failed...twice. Rear hatch failed. Various electrical components in the engine have failed. All in all, a nightmare and Chrysler has not stood behind the product. Buy a Honda.

Tina Marie
By Tina Marie

2002 Chrysler Town and Country Limited Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I thought Id never go back to a van but having a handicapped daughter has forced me to purchase another van but this time I got this Town and Country van and I love it. I feel like a Queen. I know my children and myself are safe while driving in it. I too am handicaped but my back doesn't hurt when driving in this van for extended periods.

Power everything, space, and solid vehicle

Better stereo and sound equipment. Sunroofs, windows on the side that go down