2002 Chrysler Town and Country - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:
Town and Country nothing but trouble!
By itchimi on 09/27/07 20:09 PM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler Town and Country Limited AWD 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Chrysler T&C 2002 AWD, 3.8L Here's a short list: Air bag light/Horn/Cruise control failure; cause clock spring, replaced 3X. Driver/pass. window failure; cause motor/reg failure, replaced pass. 2X Driver 3X. Reported to dealer under warrenty couldn't replicate problem but after warrenty ends they diagnose malfunctions. Life-Time warrenty doesn't work if Dealer claims can't replicate problems. Trans fails after 90k mi, cost over $3K. P0601 trouble code, replaced PCM, cost $800. Alternator & belt tensioner failure. Engine grinding noise after turning off, cause timing belt. All 3 pwr doors don't work properly. Brake rotors over-heat,need replacing per 15kmi. More problems than can be listed.

It's been 5 long years
By bman on 09/03/07 12:54 PM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler Town and Country EX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased our 02 T&C new. We have put 66,000 miles on it and it has been nothing but trouble. Engine burns a quart of oil every 800 miles. Power steering system had to be replaced. Power doors have failed...twice. Rear hatch failed. Various electrical components in the engine have failed. All in all, a nightmare and Chrysler has not stood behind the product. Buy a Honda.

Tina Marie
By Tina Marie on 07/06/07 10:27 AM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler Town and Country Limited Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I thought Id never go back to a van but having a handicapped daughter has forced me to purchase another van but this time I got this Town and Country van and I love it. I feel like a Queen. I know my children and myself are safe while driving in it. I too am handicaped but my back doesn't hurt when driving in this van for extended periods.

Would buy another
By toots on 04/21/07 10:32 AM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler Town and Country eL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Reliable. Some minor problems with air conditioning, steering column locked, fuel injector system after 60,000. Very roomy, comfortable. Had extended contract which has paid off.

Honest Review
By Dillon on 01/11/07 20:35 PM (PST)

2002 Chrysler Town and Country LX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We bought the car brand new. It has had 3 sets of brakes, 2 recalls on the power steering and we had to replace the transmission at 79K miles. The passenger window stopped working at about 40K miles, but was not covered under warranty.

Feels Good to Drive
By cmobley on 11/21/06 08:42 AM (PST)

2002 Chrysler Town and Country LX AWD 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love driving my van, the way I sit up high is a definite plus. After having this van I find it hard to ride in cars that are low to the road. This van has given me excellent service with the exception of the brakes I have never needed any work except for normal oil changes. Getting ready for a new one.

Sell before 80,000 miles
By Kayaker on 10/28/06 07:05 AM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler Town and Country EX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This van was a good workhorse and family recreational hauler for the first 4 years. Suddenly a little over 80K miles the transmission failed. Since then it has a spring problem, leaking manifold seal, CV boot problem, frozen ignition and tearing and failing rubber parts on it. We were considering another T&C but the warranty has been shortened and now we are looking at the Honda & Toyota based on their reliability reports. I do like the style of the Chrysler best of the vans, it looks better, not so fat like the Honda and Toyota. Also, why can't Toyota and Honda have a standard compass like the Chrysler has. The trim package is better at a lower level on Chrysler than Toyota or Honda.

Nice Van-poor fuel mileage
By cljnmaj on 05/30/06 19:48 PM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler Town and Country Limited AWD 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this minivan because I needed the space for 7. Chose a minivan rather than SUV for economy reasons. I really do love diving this van. It is comfortable and very kid friendly, but the fuel mileage is AWFUL!!! They claim 16-city, 25 hwy. I have been lucky if I have gotten 11 mpg. I am extremely disheartened. Chrysler could have a great product if they could improve on that. And they shouldn't be able to lie about it either. Buyer beware--if you are looking for good fuel mileage-STAY AWAY,

Great 2001 Town and Country LXi
By jag.in.ga on 03/23/06 11:47 AM (PST)

2002 Chrysler Town and Country LXi Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is undoubtedly one of the best vehicles I have owned. After 43,000+ miles it has performed like a champ, is comfortable and easy to drive. All the accessories have worked reliabily. The powertrain also has not given any problems.

Pleased
By a myrick on 03/04/06 15:23 PM (PST)

2002 Chrysler Town and Country eL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

T&C was a good car for us. Very comfortable, ride was very smooth. A few recall issues that were fixed, but other than that it was very reliable. Unfortunately my son totaled it but he came out of a serious accident without a scratch.