Used 2002 Chrysler Town and Country Consumer Reviews - 102 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chrysler Town and Country - Consumer Reviews

2002 Chrysler Town and Country

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

204K Miles and still going!
By 204K Miles

2002 Chrysler Town and Country LX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car used a few years ago just as a second car until we paid off our other one. WOW! It had 175,000 miles on it but we were okay with that. It now has 204K miles and it's still going. I have never seen any other US car still drive with that many miles. We did have to replace the brakes twice and the A/C went out twice but I can't complain. We made a 13 hour drive for vacation in it with no problems. It's very comfortable and was well worth the $2,000 paid. We definitely got our money's worth.

Captain seats in 2nd row keeps kids from fighting during long trips. Sliding side door is nice also.

Brakes and A/C issues seem to be a common issue on the 2002 version. Also, the cup holder is not very sturdy. One heavy cup and it falls off.

Excellent for the money
By Brooke Sutton

2002 Chrysler Town and Country LX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a great family vehicle for us. We've done regular maintenance and have had NO major repairs at all. We're over 100,000 now and still going strong. We were going to trade in before 100K but decided it was in too good of shape to let go of. Still drives really good and look great too!

Fuel economy is good for a van. We're still getting over 24 mpg at 100K.

More storage space.

Very good vehicle
By quad cities

2002 Chrysler Town and Country LX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the van used with 30,000 miles on it. Great car! Comfortable, fuel efficient, 18 in town, 23-25 mpg on highway. 107,000 miles on it now. Lately, it's needing few repairs, but up until the last six months, almost no unexpected upkeep. Considering a new vehicle, but this one performs so well, I can't find anything else I want. After reading all these reviews, I feel really lucky to have gotten a great van.

Sliding doors, capacity, comfort

I don't have stow n go, that is what I really miss on this van

wish me luck!
By LoboNoMad

2002 Chrysler Town and Country LXi AWD 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

okay so i just inherited this vehicle, had 110k miles on it and was trashed. With a little tlc and a basic tune-up, along with a k&n drop-in air filter it's running like a top! I'm getting 20mpg in town and it feels solid as can be. It had a busted power window which i had fixed and the turn signal switch had to be replaced, but otherwise everything works like new. I don't know much about it's history and how well it was taken care of, but I'm hoping I can get another 50 or 60 k out of it before anything major breaks down.

Power side doors, sound system, solid ride.

mp3 jack and sunroof(i know those came in later years). Automatic interior climate control is a little goofy.

186,000 + miles and no major problems
By GMA

2002 Chrysler Town and Country EX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our van new in Nov. 2001. It is the best vehicle we've ever owned. We get 35-40 mpg on the highway, less in city traffic. Avg. about 25 mpg overall. We have over 186,000 miles on our van and have only had a couple of problems. The motor on the sliding door quit at 125,000 mi, nice feature but we didn't feel we needed to replace it so had it disconnected. Low speeds on blower fan quit, just had that fixed. Take the seats out and you can get a whole dorm room or small apartment packed in it.

Good mileage, nice interior, good heater & AC. Good radio.

Rear wiper doesn't clear the window evenly.