2002 Chrysler Town and Country Consumer Review: 204K Miles and still going!

2002 Chrysler Town and Country - Consumer Review

LX Passenger Minivan (3.3L V6 4-speed Automatic)

204K Miles and still going!
By 204K Miles on

2002 Chrysler Town and Country LX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car used a few years ago just as a second car until we paid off our other one. WOW! It had 175,000 miles on it but we were okay with that. It now has 204K miles and it's still going. I have never seen any other US car still drive with that many miles. We did have to replace the brakes twice and the A/C went out twice but I can't complain. We made a 13 hour drive for vacation in it with no problems. It's very comfortable and was well worth the $2,000 paid. We definitely got our money's worth.

Favorite Features

Captain seats in 2nd row keeps kids from fighting during long trips. Sliding side door is nice also.

Suggested Improvements

Brakes and A/C issues seem to be a common issue on the 2002 version. Also, the cup holder is not very sturdy. One heavy cup and it falls off.
By jude19
on 09/26/11 18:22 PM (PDT)

You have only put 29,000 miles on this vehicle since you purchased it. You have replaced the brakes twice & the a/c twice & you can't complain.? Any vehicle that only averages 14,500 miles on a set of brakes...has some major issues.Sounds like you a willing to accept this since it is a common issue with this model. I am getting around 40,000 miles on a set of brakes on the same year model Ford van. I doubt I will be switching to a Chrysler product.