Used 2002 Chrysler Town and Country Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chrysler Town and Country - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

A well enginnered car
By mattersnot

2002 Chrysler Town and Country EX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this van for 8 years. Everything is still original, less tires, water pump, and tune-ups. It has 230,000 miles on it. Does NOT use oil, and still runs perfectly. I am purchasing another Chrysler van next year if I can allow myself to sell this one. I read the reviews above and concluded the vans were abused and not taken care of. I know of two other people who also have this van, and they LOVE them. These vans are used by N.Y.C. Taxis, and other companies as fleet vehicles because they are so dependable. Med Van, has 300 of them and use them as transport vehicles for patients. thus, very dependable.

Everything. The van rides like a Rolls Royce, and is quite.

None. Take care of your car.

Great Van
By dsmooth

2002 Chrysler Town and Country LXi Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We bought the van as an extra family spare. It is fun to drive and spacious enough to accommodate 6 adults on a 3 hour trip without any complaints. The van is usually driven around town to run errands and I enjoy driving it to work as much as my SUV. The van has 120,000 miles and you can't hear the engine run and it is quiet on the road. The left side automatic door doesn't operate but besides that we haven't had any problems. One of the best car purchases I've ever made.

Nice Interior, Good sound system, Great ride.

This van is not your answer!
By Adam

2002 Chrysler Town and Country LX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

The brakes last 6 months at best but the rotors have to replaced because they are thin and cheaply made and warp so bad they cause the vehicle to shake violently in the front end during braking. The suspension mainly the front is light weight flimsy steal and all the components fail because this is a very heavy vehicle with light duty junk parts. The windows will not work due to shorting out and you guessed it cheap window motors made in some third world country. Tires are destroyed by this vehicles poor suspension. Try a set a year! The rubber seals around the windows will work loose and fly off down the road. You will pay dearly for gas! The motor is loud and rattles.

Overwhelmed with disappointment
By Not so Impressed

2002 Chrysler Town and Country LXi Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Obviously seeing these reviews indicates significant quality control issues. We purchased vehicle new and things went well for the first year. From time to time, noticed issues with one of the rear doors not closing with the electronic motor, but everything has gone down since then. 15 days after warranty expired, had to replace the spark plugs and wires. Constant power drain led to replacing 2 computers. rear doors do not close reliably. rear door locks do not work. Transmission issues Passenger map light has melted. Starting issues, Interior has started falling apart The only thing worse than the car is the local dealer service department. DO NOT BUY!

Improve your customer service department. I tried calling in on several occasions to find out alternatives for repairs, and found the staff to be very abusive on the phone. Their only response to any question was to try to connect me with the local dealership who contributed to issues.

204K Miles and still going!
By 204K Miles

2002 Chrysler Town and Country LX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car used a few years ago just as a second car until we paid off our other one. WOW! It had 175,000 miles on it but we were okay with that. It now has 204K miles and it's still going. I have never seen any other US car still drive with that many miles. We did have to replace the brakes twice and the A/C went out twice but I can't complain. We made a 13 hour drive for vacation in it with no problems. It's very comfortable and was well worth the $2,000 paid. We definitely got our money's worth.

Captain seats in 2nd row keeps kids from fighting during long trips. Sliding side door is nice also.

Brakes and A/C issues seem to be a common issue on the 2002 version. Also, the cup holder is not very sturdy. One heavy cup and it falls off.