2001 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:
Enjoyable but troublesome
By Half Pleased on 02/10/10 13:24 PM (PST)

2001 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Limited Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We really have enjoyed the Chrysler Mini vans we have owned. This is our third one and we have enjoyed the use and comfort of ride. We bought this unit new and now have 120,000 miles on it. The blower motor quit this winter for $200.00 repair. The heated seat was replaced under warranty on a as a recall as was the noisy power steering reservoir. We will however take a much more educated look at other models when we are ready to buy a new vehicle.

Very important to read!!!
By Rick on 04/03/09 14:40 PM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Limited Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

These are the best riding vans on the road. Yes, there are issues with parts such as a/c, sway bar bushings transmissions. However, we have owned these since 1987 & we have never had to replace a timing belt (They have chains), never any exhaust work, never any CV boots. Most parts are pretty reasonable too. Brakes jobs run about $200 per axle, whereas they cost about $700 on our Previa! It is critical to do preventive maintenance on these. Use snthetic transmission fluid & change it every 50K. Change your fuel filter too. Plugs, antifreeze & water pump should be done at 80K. We did our first brakes job at 78K & we sold it with 157K & the brakes were still good. Overall, a great value!

Greatest Car
By MNdriver on 11/30/08 15:19 PM (PST)

2001 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Limited Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this beautiful van used with 58,000 miles. We were so impressed with the features, the CD changer, the sound, the 3-zone climate control, the leather seats, how it handled. The driver's side window motor was replaced at 100,000 miles, and the passenger seat heater fixed when we first got it, but other than that, it has been a wonderfully comfortable, really nice looking, and totally reliable van that we have been very happy and thrilled to own. Unfortunately it was totalled at 134,000 miles, but the interior remained in tact and only minor injuries were sustained because of the seat and headrest and also due to the van's durability. We are now looking for another Limited van.

120k and still OK
By Joel Matt L. on 10/06/08 18:46 PM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Limited Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this van with 100k miles on it. since then all i have to do is the regular oil change and check-up's, and this minivan still going smoothly as the first time i had it, no problems since. GO CHRYSLER!

Biggest Hunk of Junk I have ever owned..
By Jess on 09/05/08 12:44 PM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Limited Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I hate this van. Purchased it 6 months ago with 56k on it. Have put 6k miles on it, and the list of repairs have been unbelievable. Whole new rack and pinion, check engine light keeps coming on, ABS light on, passenger window works sometimes, the electrical system is a joke, the tranny is junk, the doors work whenever. On two occasions my children could have been injured, once when the brake caliper locked up causing smoke and almost a fire, the second time the steering went out and I had to fight to keep it on the road and not into a hillside. My advice, RUN away now. DO yourself a favor and by foreign. Don't buy this van. It's the most expensive hunk of junk I've ever owned.

Never ever buy another chrysler product
By tubbie on 05/01/08 17:17 PM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Limited Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased it with 30k miles on it. Drove it to 114k miles, all highway cruising miles. Transmission broke 1000 miles from home. Bought a rebuilt transmission. Drove 2 days, both new speed sensors went out. Replaced both. 2000 miles later, transmission breaks again, stranded 200 miles from home. Piece of JUNK!!! No wonder it's way cheaper then a Toyota or Honda.........

Performance evaluation
By John Truesdale on 08/12/07 13:55 PM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Limited Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car new. Have had no engine/powertrain problems. I have had to replace the motors in one side door and the rear door at 92,000 miles. This is the only problem I have had with the car.

80k and OK
By 80k mi and going OK on 07/15/07 21:47 PM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Limited Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our '01 Limited new and now have nearly 80k on it. We've had to the dealer for different things over the years from a drivers window that wouldn't go up to seat heaters not working to sliding doors not working correctly. Not long ago we started having power steering pump problems. No real alignment or real tranny problems, A/C & heater work well. All in all a good vehicle although we're looking to replace it now and I don't think I'll go Chrysler again. Currently getting a very poor 14.9 city and 20+ highway.

wonderful minivan
By S Beau on 12/17/06 18:46 PM (PST)

2001 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Limited Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This van has never let me down. By that I mean that it has run well and consistently since I purchased it. I have traveled the entire state of California, once in a white out snow storm and this vehicle kept on track. The dealership where I have it serviced has been ethical and helpful each and every time I have taken it in. The window motor on the driver side went out on warranty and it was fixed right away. I love this car. it has very good road manners, especially in busy So. California where there is a lot of stop and go traffic. Easy to drive. Easy to get in and out of, too.

top of the line
By stan2 on 11/09/06 21:30 PM (PST)

2001 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Limited Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Having both the 97 t/c and now 2001 t/c Perfect marks for HVAC. 2001 Infinity speakers not worth a hoot removed each of them replaced them with the '96 2000 series infinity. Now I have sound- Don't understand that blunder. Overall this machine is a long time keeper, as they said this is an IMPROVED vehicle. lights, disc breaks, gadgets, noise, seats score full marks plus.