2001 Chrysler Town and Country - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:
Got Lucky!
By john596 on 07/11/12 20:49 PM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Town and Country LXi Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my T&C for $8,000 with 80,000 miles. It's silver with gray leather in beautiful shape. I replaced fog lamps, headlights, and windshield to make it look new. It now has 140,000 miles on it. Had a $300 repair on transmission, new brakes, battery, tires, and driver's side power window switch. It's reliable, quiet, and comfortable. Ice cold three zone a/c works great. I'm surprised at poor reviews. Mine still drives like new and looks great inside and out. I guess I got lucky. I will keep it until it turns to dust. My neighbors have a 1999 T&C that they beat the stuffings out of daily, and it still runs like a champ with 240,000 miles on it.

Jury is still out
By luvtravel on 04/28/11 18:07 PM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Town and Country Limited AWD 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We just got this van in January of 2011. It had been owned by my husbands brother since it was new and has only 37,000 miles on it. For most of it's 10 years of life, it sat in a mountain town of Colorado. Nevertheless, when we got it, the back tailgate door would not open automatically and the side doors work sporadically. The main cup holder in the front is broken, and 2 days ago the AC started hissing and now has stopped working entirely. I am taking it in to the mechanic tomorrow, and hope it just needs recharging. How could the compressor be shot at only 37,000 miles? My husband and I have been hit hard by the recession, so we hope to be able to get many miles out of this van.

mechanical problems
By w,driver on 12/04/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chrysler Town and Country LXi Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Since I have owned this van . Which now has 120.000 miles on it . I have been satisified with performance, however, have been somewhat plagued with problem's . Sliding right power door quit, , had to replace entire mechanism cost 400.00 had to replace air conditioning check valve cost 80.00 water pump, , 150.00, ignition switch 200.00 now fuel injector problem, which will no doubt cost me a fortune to repair , ,heated seat's inoperative, scared to ask how much to fix that problem. I believe most vehicles today are designed to operate for only 100,000 miles before problem's start to mount.

Love it
By vanillac2u on 11/11/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chrysler Town and Country LXi Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have over 100,000 miles on my van and I have never had to take it to the shop for more than simple oil changes, new battery, etc- I love Lexi (I named her) and I wouldn't trade her for anything. We travel so much too and have never once had any issues.

Lots of Repairs !
By Kathleen on 06/07/10 13:25 PM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Town and Country Limited AWD 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love my town & country- super comfortable especially since I have had 3 back surgeries, nice features etc. but this car is ALWAYS in the shop for everything under the sun. No more Chryslers for me, ever :( If they are going to make cars that need a computer to diagnose problems then don't charge us $70 every time we go in for problems YOU caused due to poor design and workmanship.

Enjoyable but troublesome
By Half Pleased on 02/10/10 13:24 PM (PST)

2001 Chrysler Town and Country Limited Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We really have enjoyed the Chrysler Mini vans we have owned. This is our third one and we have enjoyed the use and comfort of ride. We bought this unit new and now have 120,000 miles on it. The blower motor quit this winter for $200.00 repair. The heated seat was replaced under warranty on a as a recall as was the noisy power steering reservoir. We will however take a much more educated look at other models when we are ready to buy a new vehicle.

love it to bits
By Daniel_Lee on 01/11/10 07:08 AM (PST)

2001 Chrysler Town and Country LX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Hey there! My town and country has been very very dependable, it has survived 10 trips to TN from Mi in one year, I average about 430 to a tank , the best I averaged was about 460 I love the 3.3 I can haul alot of stuff a lot of children .. Lol ,as of Right now it needs work but totally worth it my room mate backed into a tree and now there is an inverted bubble on the bumper and cracked tail light . driving this van is wonderful I crank that wheel and it whips right around easy to back up and very pleasant , easy to maneuver in snow over all good driving experience

Great van!
By SoJolly on 10/11/09 15:35 PM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Town and Country Limited AWD 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased in 2001, and now have almost 160,000 miles on the van. I have not had any major problems (I have had to replace the ignition tumbler, and the Driver side window motor, and the volume knob is very touchy now) Its been very reliable. Built in Car seat is one of the best features of the van. Leather had held up great (My 2002 Accords leather is cracking)

Run from Chrysler - poor quality
By sho10 on 05/12/09 08:58 AM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Town and Country LXi AWD 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

With less than 40,000 miles on it, it's at the dealership having a re- built transmission put in it. Last fall we had to have it towed because a CV joint blew out in the front drivers wheel. Before that, we had to have a new ignition switch installed. A couple of years ago I called to see about having the sliding door motors replaced under warranty since it had less than 20,000 miles on it and Chrysler was very rude and took no responsiblity. I've had four Dodge caravans as company cars and have had major problems with each one of them. The dealership would make fun of "my haunted" vans. I will never buy a Chrysler vehicle again, but maybe I won't have to worry about it...bankrupt!!!:)

Very important to read!!!
By Rick on 04/03/09 14:40 PM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Town and Country Limited Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

These are the best riding vans on the road. Yes, there are issues with parts such as a/c, sway bar bushings transmissions. However, we have owned these since 1987 & we have never had to replace a timing belt (They have chains), never any exhaust work, never any CV boots. Most parts are pretty reasonable too. Brakes jobs run about $200 per axle, whereas they cost about $700 on our Previa! It is critical to do preventive maintenance on these. Use snthetic transmission fluid & change it every 50K. Change your fuel filter too. Plugs, antifreeze & water pump should be done at 80K. We did our first brakes job at 78K & we sold it with 157K & the brakes were still good. Overall, a great value!