Used 2001 Chrysler Town and Country Consumer Reviews - 115 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chrysler Town and Country - Consumer Reviews

2001 Chrysler Town and Country

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

T and C
By TC

2001 Chrysler Town and Country Limited Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Got Lucky!
By john596

2001 Chrysler Town and Country LXi Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my T&C for $8,000 with 80,000 miles.
It's silver with gray leather in beautiful shape.
I replaced fog lamps, headlights, and windshield to make it look new.
It now has 140,000 miles on it.
Had a $300 repair on transmission, new brakes, battery, tires, and driver's side power window switch.
It's reliable, quiet, and comfortable.
Ice cold three zone a/c works great.
I'm surprised at poor reviews.
Mine still drives like new and looks great inside and out. I guess I got lucky.
I will keep it until it turns to dust.
My neighbors have a 1999 T&C that they beat the stuffings out of daily, and it still runs like a champ with 240,000 miles on it.

Roominess, luxurious ride, durable leather seats, three zone a/c, alloy wheels, dark tinted windows, fog lamps, power doors and tailgate. The interior is very quiet. Conversation from driver's seat is easy with back seat passengers. Great car for long trips!

For what I paid, I can't complain about one thing.

Jury is still out
By luvtravel

2001 Chrysler Town and Country Limited AWD 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We just got this van in January of 2011. It had been owned by my husbands brother since it was new and has only 37,000 miles on it. For most of it's 10 years of life, it sat in a mountain town of Colorado. Nevertheless, when we got it, the back tailgate door would not open automatically and the side doors work sporadically. The main cup holder in the front is broken, and 2 days ago the AC started hissing and now has stopped working entirely. I am taking it in to the mechanic tomorrow, and hope it just needs recharging. How could the compressor be shot at only 37,000 miles? My husband and I have been hit hard by the recession, so we hope to be able to get many miles out of this van.

leather seats-navy blue, automatic doors (when they work), automatic seats, roominess, smooth ride. Console and dash are beautiful.

Gas mileage is terrible for this size vehicle. We had a '97 Dodge Caravan, and the gas mileage was significantly better. Not sure why the Dodge and Chrysler would be so different. 6 disc CD changer. Since this van is a 2001, it only has a single disc changer and has a cassette player. I know everyone uses iPods now, but I still like to use CD's.

mechanical problems
By w,driver

2001 Chrysler Town and Country LXi Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Since I have owned this van . Which now has 120.000 miles on it . I have been satisified with performance, however, have been somewhat plagued with problem's . Sliding right power door quit, , had to replace entire mechanism cost 400.00 had to replace air conditioning check valve cost 80.00 water pump, , 150.00, ignition switch 200.00 now fuel injector problem, which will no doubt cost me a fortune to repair , ,heated seat's inoperative, scared to ask how much to fix that problem. I believe most vehicles today are designed to operate for only 100,000 miles before problem's start to mount.

Love it
By vanillac2u

2001 Chrysler Town and Country LXi Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have over 100,000 miles on my van and I have never had to take it to the shop for more than simple oil changes, new battery, etc- I love Lexi (I named her) and I wouldn't trade her for anything. We travel so much too and have never once had any issues.

Wish it had rear heating and cooling vents