2000 Chrysler Town and Country - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:
very comfortable to drive
By okstahle on 05/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan

Very comfortable car to travel with a family. Excellent visibility for the driver to the front, sides, and rear. Only getting 18 to 20 mpg on the highway. City about 16 mpg. Have 3.8 L engine. Difficult to change spark plugs on the rear cylinders.

2000 T&C Limited 3.8 Liter
By boomer325 on 11/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan

We bought this minivan with 24k miles, and have put about 30k miles on it since then. Good features: Air conditioner works very well -- important in Florida. I think it is the smoothest riding and driving vehicle I have ever driven. We've had one mechanical problem, a failed speed sensor that costed about $300 parts and labor at the Chrysler dealer to replace.

Great warranty, many problems
By Chrysler loyalist on 10/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan

A great van with many early problems. transmission solenoid pack replaced twice; rear brake cylinder replaced; transaxle cover and transmission pan resealed; water pump and complete head gasket set replacement to cure coolant loss on 3.8 engine at 31,000 miles. All of the above repairs fully covered by 3/36,000 warranty. Replacement of brake master cylinder at 40,000 after losing brakes under extended warranty. Have had three used minivans and two new Plymouth Grand Voyager vans. The 1998 Plymouth Grand Voyager built by Chrysler that I traded in on this Daimler-Chrysler built Chrysler LTD van, was 100% trouble free over 38,500 miles.

Disappointed
By Millamant on 09/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan

Have had recurring problems with moisture in the headlamps, causing bulbs to short out or explode. Transmission sensors (input and output) have failed at different times, which were scary driving scenarios. Have to replace brake pads every 3-6 months without fail or end up paying for new or machined rotors. Haven't been happy with the amount I've paid to continue operating the van, and even though I like the car, I wouldn't buy another Chrysler. It's my first American car, and I'm afraid it's back to Japanese cars for me.

Better than Toyota
By Vicki1 on 08/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan

I love this van. I had a 98 TOYOTA van and it was FULL OF PROBLEMS. It was a breath of fresh air to know that when I went on a trip, I would not have to be followed by a tow truck.

I love it!
By Bill W on 08/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan

I love my van. After owning a Honda Van for a year, this is a breath of fresh air. Everyone told me to buy the Honda and I had nothing but problems with it. Within a year, it had two transmissions, a new air conditioner, seat controls, and rotors. This Town and Country has been faultless in 45000 miles. It puts the Honda to shame. I'll buy another one in a few years when I get 100,000 miles on this one. It is the BEST!!!

Chrysler Sevice not too keen.
By edriver on 11/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan

We also have a steering wheel cover coming off that Chrysler will not fix. Now we are in for transmission troubles. Warranty is out and dealer couldn't find problem when first started until it became a major problem. Very costly. Probably never going to buy another Chrysler in my lifetime.

Solid Vehicle...
By Jim H. on 10/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan

A very nice Vehicle. I had the option to lease any minivan I wanted through my company. I'd do it all over again. Plenty of power. The T&C is a cruiser for sure. I love to drive it.

So much room
By Soccer Mom on 08/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan

There's so much room in this van. At least 2.5 feet behind the 3rd row of seats. Can fit two child car seats in the 3rd row and fit one more person on the seat too, comfortably.