Used 2000 Chrysler Town and Country Limited Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

Love It!!!!
By Live TY

2000 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan

We had a Toyota van before this that was nothing but trouble. It left us stranded six times. When I bought this one it was a breath of fresh air. We traded in our Camry and bought a 2002 T&C also. Never go back to imports.

Seats. More reliable than old car

More color options.

Don't Buy this Van!
By Ben S

2000 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan

I will never purcahse another Chrysler product. The van looks great, but it's whats under the hood that counts. The gas milage is terrible in the city and we've had nothing but problems with this van. Even with an extended warranty the repairs are astronomical. Reading through the other reviews points out that pretty much every van seems to be having the same problems. A/C problems, heater problems, speed input/output sensors, window swithches, moisture in head lamps, dim headlamps, transmission modules, the list keeps growing every month. The worst part about it is you don't feel safe with your wife and kids riding around in the van for fear of another mechanical breakdown.

Raise the overall level of quality.

Nice to own except for reliability
By YellowEddy

2000 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan

We love this van. It has taken us from Denver to Las Vegas, Detroit (twice) and many trips to the mountains. It is our 2nd T&C and alas, will be our last. I have had it with the reliability of these vans. They are great to look at and drive, but I cannot take playing mechanical roulette with the transmission. The brakes are horrible and there always seems to be something wrong with the electrical system. At 50k, we had to replace the belt tensioner, idler pulley and crank pulley. It sounded like a flock of birds under the hood. Everyone beware, best to have a full, $0 deductible extended warranty. You will need it.

Great looks, lots of creature comforts. Great on long trips

Chrysler, please, please do some R&D on your transmissions and FIX them. They are smooth shifting, but absolutely terrible mechanical devices. With some decent reliability, these would be the best vans out there.

Excellent Van
By Asinsuk

2000 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan

I love it! after driving a Toyota Camry with transmission and no start problems, it was a breath of fresh air getting into a Town & Country. Great seating and comfort. I'll never go back to Toyota

Seats, more reliable than my old Toyota

Overall, A Great Vehicle
By Bruce C.

2000 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan

I bought this T&C (my first minivan), used (30k miles), in Jan 2003. As a big fella, I immediately fell in love with the comfort of the driver's seat, and easy entry and exit. I've had a few mechanical problems (A/C heat exchanger,ignition switch) but, fortunately, I bought a great 3rd-party long-term warranty, and was completely covered for these semi-major expenses. My major problem is with city gas mileage. I get 11-13 mpg in short, local trips. Dealer has done everything (tests) to identify problem, but to no avail -- and no solution. Highway is 20-22 -- acceptable. After purchase, I found out that the original owner had to replace the trans-axle at 18K miles.

Interior comfort, large cargo area, audio system. Great ride! And I really enjoy all the extra convenience features that come in the Limited.

City gas mileage!