2000 Chrysler Town and Country Limited Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Sort Reviews by

Chrysler Town and Country Limited
By ethane218

2000 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan

Bought this van at an auction with 100,000 on it. Have put 30,000 miles on it and have not had anything to complain about. Mileage averages 20 city, and 24-27 highway. I am really impressed with this vehicle.

Favorite Features

Fuel consumption recorder.

Suggested Improvements

More room in the front seats. Move the heated seat button so everyone is not turning it on for you.

Great vehicle
By JRB

2000 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan

I've owned the vehicle for 8 years and it's only been in the shop twice for repairs: broken windshield wiper and hose replacement. It's very comfortable driving and riding on long trips.

Favorite Features

Ride and interior decor

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage

2000 Chrysler T & C is a great van
By Bob E

2000 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan

This van is a delight to drive, especially on long trips. Seating is excellent (we have 4 captains chairs + the back bench). Acceleration, and driver visibility are also excellent. Good headroom, too, About the only complaints I have are that the gauges (especially the speedometer) are very hard to read at dawn and dusk. there is also some sort of radio interference from lights at night. Road noise could be lower, but car has nearly 130k miles, so some may be due to the normal aging of car. Earlier models (like our '92 Grand Caravan) had transmission problems, but (knock on wood!) they seem to have been fixed by 2000. Wife has 07 Lexus ES 350, but I like to drive T & C better!

Favorite Features

6 way power front seats, reclining captains chairs in second row and comfortable bench in back. Ability for pass to get to back is great for mom with kids. Great premium sound system, front and back air conditioning and controls. Second row pass can read at night w/o bothering driver.

Suggested Improvements

Visibility of speedometer at dawn and dusk. Low ambient lighting does not give enough light to see light colored digits against the backlit (when lights on) dial without really taking your eyes off the road and concentrating on dial.

From a typical mom in WA state
By nagalottagin

2000 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan

This is the first newer vehicle I have ever purchased and I am very pleased. I recommend the heated seats. My biggest complaint is the lack of durability of all the cup holders. Other than that I am happy. Husband offered to purchase me a new vehicle and I like this one so much I had to decline.

Favorite Features

Heated seats. I also like the seat adjustment features. I have electric seats and there are so many settings available. I like the slider door catching itself so it don't slam on you when you are getting stuff and kids out. And having a cigarette lighter in the trunk area is a plus.

Suggested Improvements

I would improve the durability of the cup holders. Stain resistance on the carpeting is a must. Our middle seats are really hard to latch into the safety position.

An excellent vehicle
By jhnrkurt

2000 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan

The high speed sensor went bad at 94,000 miles. The original tires were replaced at 85,000 with Goodyear Assurance Triple Tread. It has been an excellent vehicle.

Favorite Features

radio controls on the back side of the steering wheel. All the controls are handy and work very well.

Suggested Improvements

An engine with 4 valves per cylinder for even better gas mileage.

Love It!!!!
By Live TY

2000 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan

We had a Toyota van before this that was nothing but trouble. It left us stranded six times. When I bought this one it was a breath of fresh air. We traded in our Camry and bought a 2002 T&C also. Never go back to imports.

Favorite Features

Seats. More reliable than old car

Suggested Improvements

More color options.

Don't Buy this Van!
By Ben S

2000 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan

I will never purcahse another Chrysler product. The van looks great, but it's whats under the hood that counts. The gas milage is terrible in the city and we've had nothing but problems with this van. Even with an extended warranty the repairs are astronomical. Reading through the other reviews points out that pretty much every van seems to be having the same problems. A/C problems, heater problems, speed input/output sensors, window swithches, moisture in head lamps, dim headlamps, transmission modules, the list keeps growing every month. The worst part about it is you don't feel safe with your wife and kids riding around in the van for fear of another mechanical breakdown.

Suggested Improvements

Raise the overall level of quality.

Nice to own except for reliability
By YellowEddy

2000 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan

We love this van. It has taken us from Denver to Las Vegas, Detroit (twice) and many trips to the mountains. It is our 2nd T&C and alas, will be our last. I have had it with the reliability of these vans. They are great to look at and drive, but I cannot take playing mechanical roulette with the transmission. The brakes are horrible and there always seems to be something wrong with the electrical system. At 50k, we had to replace the belt tensioner, idler pulley and crank pulley. It sounded like a flock of birds under the hood. Everyone beware, best to have a full, $0 deductible extended warranty. You will need it.

Favorite Features

Great looks, lots of creature comforts. Great on long trips

Suggested Improvements

Chrysler, please, please do some R&D on your transmissions and FIX them. They are smooth shifting, but absolutely terrible mechanical devices. With some decent reliability, these would be the best vans out there.

Excellent Van
By Asinsuk

2000 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan

I love it! after driving a Toyota Camry with transmission and no start problems, it was a breath of fresh air getting into a Town & Country. Great seating and comfort. I'll never go back to Toyota

Favorite Features

Seats, more reliable than my old Toyota

Overall, A Great Vehicle
By Bruce C.

2000 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan

I bought this T&C (my first minivan), used (30k miles), in Jan 2003. As a big fella, I immediately fell in love with the comfort of the driver's seat, and easy entry and exit. I've had a few mechanical problems (A/C heat exchanger,ignition switch) but, fortunately, I bought a great 3rd-party long-term warranty, and was completely covered for these semi-major expenses. My major problem is with city gas mileage. I get 11-13 mpg in short, local trips. Dealer has done everything (tests) to identify problem, but to no avail -- and no solution. Highway is 20-22 -- acceptable. After purchase, I found out that the original owner had to replace the trans-axle at 18K miles.

Favorite Features

Interior comfort, large cargo area, audio system. Great ride! And I really enjoy all the extra convenience features that come in the Limited.

Suggested Improvements

City gas mileage!