Used 2000 Chrysler Town and Country Limited Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

Chrysler Town and Country Limited
By ethane218

2000 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan

Bought this van at an auction with 100,000 on it. Have put 30,000 miles on it and have not had anything to complain about. Mileage averages 20 city, and 24-27 highway. I am really impressed with this vehicle.

Fuel consumption recorder.

More room in the front seats. Move the heated seat button so everyone is not turning it on for you.

Great vehicle
By JRB

2000 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan

I've owned the vehicle for 8 years and it's only been in the shop twice for repairs: broken windshield wiper and hose replacement. It's very comfortable driving and riding on long trips.

Ride and interior decor

Gas mileage

2000 Chrysler T & C is a great van
By Bob E

2000 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan

This van is a delight to drive, especially on long trips. Seating is excellent (we have 4 captains chairs + the back bench). Acceleration, and driver visibility are also excellent. Good headroom, too, About the only complaints I have are that the gauges (especially the speedometer) are very hard to read at dawn and dusk. there is also some sort of radio interference from lights at night. Road noise could be lower, but car has nearly 130k miles, so some may be due to the normal aging of car. Earlier models (like our '92 Grand Caravan) had transmission problems, but (knock on wood!) they seem to have been fixed by 2000. Wife has 07 Lexus ES 350, but I like to drive T & C better!

6 way power front seats, reclining captains chairs in second row and comfortable bench in back. Ability for pass to get to back is great for mom with kids. Great premium sound system, front and back air conditioning and controls. Second row pass can read at night w/o bothering driver.

Visibility of speedometer at dawn and dusk. Low ambient lighting does not give enough light to see light colored digits against the backlit (when lights on) dial without really taking your eyes off the road and concentrating on dial.

From a typical mom in WA state
By nagalottagin

2000 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan

This is the first newer vehicle I have ever purchased and I am very pleased. I recommend the heated seats. My biggest complaint is the lack of durability of all the cup holders. Other than that I am happy. Husband offered to purchase me a new vehicle and I like this one so much I had to decline.

Heated seats. I also like the seat adjustment features. I have electric seats and there are so many settings available. I like the slider door catching itself so it don't slam on you when you are getting stuff and kids out. And having a cigarette lighter in the trunk area is a plus.

I would improve the durability of the cup holders. Stain resistance on the carpeting is a must. Our middle seats are really hard to latch into the safety position.

An excellent vehicle
By jhnrkurt

2000 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan

The high speed sensor went bad at 94,000 miles. The original tires were replaced at 85,000 with Goodyear Assurance Triple Tread. It has been an excellent vehicle.

radio controls on the back side of the steering wheel. All the controls are handy and work very well.

An engine with 4 valves per cylinder for even better gas mileage.

• SUV