2000 Chrysler Town and Country - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:
Chrysler Town and Country Limited
By ethane218 on 11/22/11 18:56 PM (PST)

2000 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan

Bought this van at an auction with 100,000 on it. Have put 30,000 miles on it and have not had anything to complain about. Mileage averages 20 city, and 24-27 highway. I am really impressed with this vehicle.

Great vehicle
By JRB on 05/19/09 10:23 AM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan

I've owned the vehicle for 8 years and it's only been in the shop twice for repairs: broken windshield wiper and hose replacement. It's very comfortable driving and riding on long trips.

2000 Chrysler T & C is a great van
By Bob E on 04/29/08 11:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan

This van is a delight to drive, especially on long trips. Seating is excellent (we have 4 captains chairs + the back bench). Acceleration, and driver visibility are also excellent. Good headroom, too, About the only complaints I have are that the gauges (especially the speedometer) are very hard to read at dawn and dusk. there is also some sort of radio interference from lights at night. Road noise could be lower, but car has nearly 130k miles, so some may be due to the normal aging of car. Earlier models (like our '92 Grand Caravan) had transmission problems, but (knock on wood!) they seem to have been fixed by 2000. Wife has 07 Lexus ES 350, but I like to drive T & C better!

From a typical mom in WA state
By nagalottagin on 03/04/08 09:54 AM (PST)

2000 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan

This is the first newer vehicle I have ever purchased and I am very pleased. I recommend the heated seats. My biggest complaint is the lack of durability of all the cup holders. Other than that I am happy. Husband offered to purchase me a new vehicle and I like this one so much I had to decline.

An excellent vehicle
By jhnrkurt on 08/01/06 16:54 PM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan

The high speed sensor went bad at 94,000 miles. The original tires were replaced at 85,000 with Goodyear Assurance Triple Tread. It has been an excellent vehicle.

Love It!!!!
By Live TY on 12/24/05 09:59 AM (PST)

2000 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan

We had a Toyota van before this that was nothing but trouble. It left us stranded six times. When I bought this one it was a breath of fresh air. We traded in our Camry and bought a 2002 T&C also. Never go back to imports.

Don't Buy this Van!
By Ben S on 02/22/05 09:42 AM (PST)

2000 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan

I will never purcahse another Chrysler product. The van looks great, but it's whats under the hood that counts. The gas milage is terrible in the city and we've had nothing but problems with this van. Even with an extended warranty the repairs are astronomical. Reading through the other reviews points out that pretty much every van seems to be having the same problems. A/C problems, heater problems, speed input/output sensors, window swithches, moisture in head lamps, dim headlamps, transmission modules, the list keeps growing every month. The worst part about it is you don't feel safe with your wife and kids riding around in the van for fear of another mechanical breakdown.

Nice to own except for reliability
By YellowEddy on 01/17/05 18:55 PM (PST)

2000 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan

We love this van. It has taken us from Denver to Las Vegas, Detroit (twice) and many trips to the mountains. It is our 2nd T&C and alas, will be our last. I have had it with the reliability of these vans. They are great to look at and drive, but I cannot take playing mechanical roulette with the transmission. The brakes are horrible and there always seems to be something wrong with the electrical system. At 50k, we had to replace the belt tensioner, idler pulley and crank pulley. It sounded like a flock of birds under the hood. Everyone beware, best to have a full, $0 deductible extended warranty. You will need it.

Excellent Van
By Asinsuk on 12/22/04 10:46 AM (PST)

2000 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan

I love it! after driving a Toyota Camry with transmission and no start problems, it was a breath of fresh air getting into a Town & Country. Great seating and comfort. I'll never go back to Toyota

Overall, A Great Vehicle
By Bruce C. on 10/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan

I bought this T&C (my first minivan), used (30k miles), in Jan 2003. As a big fella, I immediately fell in love with the comfort of the driver's seat, and easy entry and exit. I've had a few mechanical problems (A/C heat exchanger,ignition switch) but, fortunately, I bought a great 3rd-party long-term warranty, and was completely covered for these semi-major expenses. My major problem is with city gas mileage. I get 11-13 mpg in short, local trips. Dealer has done everything (tests) to identify problem, but to no avail -- and no solution. Highway is 20-22 -- acceptable. After purchase, I found out that the original owner had to replace the trans-axle at 18K miles.