2000 Chrysler Town and Country - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:
Chrysler Town and Country Limited
By ethane218 on 11/22/11 18:56 PM (PST)

2000 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan

Bought this van at an auction with 100,000 on it. Have put 30,000 miles on it and have not had anything to complain about. Mileage averages 20 city, and 24-27 highway. I am really impressed with this vehicle.

Tranmission Speed Sensor
By Larry Hunter on 09/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Minivan

WE started having problems with the transmission speed sensor last year in May and now to this date Sept.17 are having problems again the speedometer goes crazy the tach goes high and your speed is instantly reduced it is very scary

Happy van driver
By lorran on 02/27/10 03:52 AM (PST)

2000 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Minivan

Purchased leftover 2000 Grand voyager in '01, other than a few minor issues, window motor, oil leak rear blower fan, this van has given great service for 175,000 miles! I'd really like to see 200K just because! Bought an '07 and I hope it serves me as well.

good van
By clxi on 01/03/10 04:49 AM (PST)

2000 Chrysler Town and Country LXi 4dr Minivan AWD

I have owned it 7 years, putting on 52000 miles. I use it primarily for vacation ( in town gas mileage is 13 ) and towing my boat. Great van for winter, as I have driven at times where the 4x4's were stuck. Overall comfortable vehicle. My kids and neighbors all love to borrow it !

good van for 10 yrs now
By stan2 on 12/30/09 08:17 AM (PST)

2000 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Minivan

no major work needed. One complaint is that it has had a 'glitchy' tranny for several years. I keep thinking it will go out, but it hasn't. It sometimes dies at stop signs unless you are quick to drop it to neutral.

It`s been a pretty good mini van
By UncleJohn on 10/23/09 22:01 PM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Minivan

Only about 75,000 miles now but the only thing that went bad prematurely was the starter at about 42,000 miles..front brake pads at 28,000..back shoe`s at 55,000..I do the repairs myself so no big money, $115 for starter with lifetime, ceramic pads less than $50..changed trans filter at 55,000, tires & battery after 8 years..replaced anti-freeze & new belt also..same plugs & stuff, fuel mileage just keeps getting better year after year..18+ city up to 25mpg highway now.

Great vehicle
By JRB on 05/19/09 10:23 AM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan

I've owned the vehicle for 8 years and it's only been in the shop twice for repairs: broken windshield wiper and hose replacement. It's very comfortable driving and riding on long trips.

Driver side window WOES
By Esther Greene on 05/03/09 18:41 PM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Town and Country LXi 4dr Minivan

Very good van, but the driver side window and alarm system keeps acting up. Sometimes the window won't come up unless we slam the door numerous times and sometimes the alarm would go off for no apparent reason.HELP HELP HELP....

There's good and bad in everything
By hard rider on 02/14/09 20:45 PM (PST)

2000 Chrysler Town and Country LXi 4dr Minivan AWD

There is good and bad in all vehcles but this one is very good at being a hauler and family transporter and the one I have having AWD that makes it even better. I have driven in the snow and it out drive a lot of the SUVs on the road, handles the snow or mud well. Yes the fuel is an issue but some things come with a price like fun to drive. This van gets you to where you want to go no matter the weather. Just be easy and treat the van right. Remember it is not a race car so treat it as such and you will reap the rewards.

Chrysler T&C LX AWD
By LX AWD on 12/29/08 08:14 AM (PST)

2000 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Minivan AWD

We purchased our Chrysler AWD Town & Country from an private party. He kept it in excellent condition and only drove it to visit his wife while she was hospitalized. Since then, we have used it to haul anything from antique furniture to transmissions; loads are height limited. It has taken me to work when no one was going out due to ice storms. The AWD is seamless in operation. I have to make a conscious effort to break traction on icy pavement (forget about it on any other surface) and the ABS sure works as advertised. We have gone to CO every year and it has been comfortable and stable every time.

1 2 3 4 5 next »