1999 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:
Great For Family
By prhea1st on 05/15/12 10:57 AM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Limited 4dr Ext Minivan AWD

This a a great family car for long trips. seems to have a lot of power going up the hills. Suspension is a little soft in the rear when loaded. Not designed to tow but has a tow package for probably a small utility type trailer

Only 95k miles
By prhea1st on 05/03/12 14:21 PM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan LXi 4dr Ext Minivan AWD

After regular maint/ it has now lived past its peak. New transmission/CV axels/ Driveline/ Radiators/ Major Tune Ups/ etc... The repairs are worth more than the blue book value now. Time to bail out.... Yeah and the rear leaf springs are riding on the bump stops now and we dont tow anything..... Kids put all the strain on the rear leafs??? Doubt it- poor quality.

Best Car I've Owned except transmission
By George Caldwell on 12/11/09 21:44 PM (PST)

1999 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan LXi 4dr Ext Minivan AWD

I bought this car when I saw a private seller park it in a shopping center. I drove it and loved it. It is the most comfortable car I have ever had. I am 6'5" and don't fit in most cars these days. This one is a joy to drive, first class all the way. I wish they had the transmission worked out, I'm on the third one.

Great Vehicle
By Kentuckian on 08/28/09 19:00 PM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Limited 4dr Ext Minivan

Bought this vehicle used with 60,000 miles on it. It has without a doubt been the best most reliable vehicle we have ever owned. It now has 140,000 miles on it and still going strong. Very reliable, practically no repairs outside of normal wear ie breaks, etc. Fuel mileage is very acceptable for such a large vehicle and 6 cylinder - about 25 on the highway. Also, I don't know how to explain it better, but it is just geared perfectly. It is a solid road vehicle, but when you need to pass or get extra power quickly - it will immediately gear down and give you the appropriate power and drive you need; better than any other vehicle I've owned. You can't go wrong with this vehicle.

Excellant Car
By V Stanley on 08/20/09 20:05 PM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Limited 4dr Ext Minivan

This has been the best car I have ever owned !!!! It's electrical contacts for the seats and the window locks have a bit of a glitch.As well as we are very tall people and the drivers side leg room could be a little more spacious. But other than that I have been thrilled with the handling and performance of this vehicle. As a matter of fact. My oldest son took a defensive driving class with the local Sheriff's Dept where we had to provide our own vehicle for the course. This is where they had to put the vehicle into slides, emergency stopping, etc. We were told by the Sheriff instructor that this was an excellent vehicle that handled far past their expectations. Great Vehicle...

Excellent Vehicle
By Ernie Whitney on 01/25/09 00:50 AM (PST)

1999 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Limited 4dr Ext Minivan AWD

I bought the van used with 69000 miles. Almost three years later it has 126000 miles. No problems other than normal maintenance, brakes, etc. I receive many compliments from family and friends about the style and comfort on long trips. Best looking van on the highway.

What Am I Worth?
By Ole Sader on 04/28/08 12:39 PM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Limited 4dr Ext Minivan

My wife and I have enjoyed this vehicle and are reluctant to sell it, however, we would like something newer. We have made many long distance trips and it has performed very well.It has two hundred thousand kilometers on it.

Enjoyed this model for 8 years!
By Female_Driver on 01/11/07 16:33 PM (PST)

1999 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Limited 4dr Ext Minivan AWD

We purchased this Town & Country Limited All Wheel Drive new in February 1999. It served us well unti we sold it in December 2006 with 108K. It was a great family hauler and it handled very well in the snow with studless snow tires (and the all wheel drive). Comfy interior and plenty of cargo room! This '99 was our third Chrysler minivan and the best of all of them. We replaced it with a 2007 Chrysler Pacifica because Chrysler does not now offer AWD option on their minivans. If you find a used one that has been well maintained, don't hesitate to buy it :-)

Chrylser not ok
By rrodgers on 11/23/06 07:19 AM (PST)

1999 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan LXi 4dr Ext Minivan

We seem to have hit old age with this vehicle. We've had nothing but problems all this year with it as one thing after another break, burns up or stops working. Electrical is on the fritz, brakes continually causing problems, speakers popping on and off, etc, etc. I used to recommend this vehicle to friends but not anymore! I wish we had waited and bought a Honda or Toyota - at least we would have had a better chance of trade in or selling one of those!

What could happen next!
By angelrose on 11/20/06 15:27 PM (PST)

1999 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Limited 4dr Ext Minivan AWD

I was very impressed the first time I saw it, driving it was even better with the heated seats and the dual control heat/air. I purchased the vehicle and loved it, until I got stranded. The key wouldn't move, only a week later after I purchased it. Had to get it towed. Come to find out that there is a bulletin on the ignition column that happens this happens a lot with this particular vehicle and there are no after market parts, and expensive to replace. Mileage isn't that good either compared to my 1994 Plymouth Voyager that I have had for one year before this. I'm not too crazy about the bucket seats in the middle. They are very hard to adjust to lower the back to recline.

1 2 3 4 5 next »