1998 Chrysler Town and Country Consumer Reviews

1998 Chrysler Town and Country - Consumer Reviews

1998 Chrysler Town and Country SX 4dr Minivan

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:
First Minivan - love it
By evamdixon on 02/19/13 22:04 PM (PST)

1998 Chrysler Town and Country LXi 4dr Ext Minivan AWD

We just purchased our first minivan with 84K miles. It is absolutely perfect, single owner with low miles. Kids love it and we can't wait to take our first road trip (the dog get to go too!)

240,713 miles
By stpraamp on 03/09/12 13:25 PM (PST)

1998 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Ext Minivan AWD

Had to memorialize the old family fan; it was taken away for recycling today after 14 years of faithful service. It probably would have lasted longer except it was driven exclusively by my kids for the last five years and was abused terribly. Near the end it was using a quart of oil a week. Never the less it was a great kid hauler.

180,000 Mile Review
By skeagle on 03/30/11 20:29 PM (PDT)

1998 Chrysler Town and Country LXi 4dr Ext Minivan

Bought this highest rated van in 1998. Wonderful comfort, able performer on the highway and in city. Wind noise a distraction at highway speeds. The removable 3rd row seat, although heavy to handle, along with removable 2nd row captains chairs makes the roomy rear better than a pickup. We've handled many large loads, plywood, sheetrock, easily and out of the weather. What sinks Chrysler is its miserable reliability. Replaced a broken transmission 3,000 miles after the warranty expired, our experience with dealership support after the sale was poor. Too many expensive repair issues.

Best van around
By J.Thomas on 05/10/10 07:30 AM (PDT)

1998 Chrysler Town and Country LXi 4dr Ext Minivan

I inherited this van from my father. I have driven several other models and makes of minivans -- this is the best driving, most comfortable of all. It is a solid vehicle, feels safe and yet is powerful. Fuel mileage is only problem, about 20mpg. The back seats are removable, but are very heavy -- still, I can remove them in order to fit large items. The front seats are extremely comfortable and adjustable, only wish we had heated seats!

Expensive vehicle horrible reliability
By sonya on 05/07/08 14:29 PM (PDT)

1998 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Ext Minivan

This was a great vehicle till we got over 70,000 miles on. Since have had it in the shop @ least 8 times for electrical/ not starting issues. The shop could never resolve the problem. All the gauges stop working while driving, still drives, but it is scary. They ask a lot for these new and I would never in my life buy another Chrysler product, not to mention some of the deaths related to these vans and Chrysler did not help the deceased family in the least. Steer clear of these. Sounds like a death trap to me. I'll probably have to give mine away because, so far I have NOT found a single dealer or person that will even look at it.

The perfect vehicle
By Sheldon Elseth on 01/05/08 21:08 PM (PST)

1998 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Ext Minivan AWD

This van has been the perfect vehicle for us. I have hauled 4x8 sheets of sheetrock and paneling with all the seats in and out. 12 ft. long 2x12's also fit with the rear door closed. All the seats are comfortable, rear heat/air c. works great, and the compass/mileage calculator/miles till empty feature is near priceless. AWD has been a great feature on our snow & ice covered streets/highways in Minnesota. After 10 yrs.& 118000 miles, we have replaced the battery and tires twice, front brakes once, at 100K. That is it for repairs. Mileage is 23 hwy & 16 city. Quite acceptable for me. We love this van.

Fancy family ride
By Lilac on 06/10/07 07:27 AM (PDT)

1998 Chrysler Town and Country LXi 4dr Ext Minivan

Bought the Chrysler T&C minivan when it was 4yrs old. It had been a soccer mom's van and was still in great condition in/out. We love the roomy enterior, and especially the extraspace in the hatch/rear area. Our other minivan (in fact most we've ever been in) is way smaller. When comparing the T&C to our basic Dodge mini, the Chrysler is much more of a luxurious feel,and quiet. Smooth ride,plenty of room for everyone'sluggage on longtrips. Nice stereo,cupholder,and AC that has great rearvents,cold I loved it especially with infants. It made nursing them easy while sitting in one of the separate seats in the back (great armroom.) Way better than wrangling infant/toddlers in sedan

Best car I owned
By Phil on 01/09/07 21:11 PM (PST)

1998 Chrysler Town and Country LXi 4dr Ext Minivan

We have now put 127,000 miles on it and it has been the most reliable vehicle we've ever owned.

Grand Caravan Sport
By Chuck Harris on 11/14/06 19:29 PM (PST)

1998 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Ext Minivan

One of the most pleasant driving vehicles there is on the open road. A nuisance to get around town in for me. My wife has no trouble. Heads had to be milled about 120,000 and rear wheel bearing went at 90,000. Driver's side electric window motor was replaced. Overall,a good vehicle, but would buy the shorter version.

Pleasantly surprised
By proudpapa on 09/07/05 11:24 AM (PDT)

1998 Chrysler Town and Country LXi 4dr Ext Minivan AWD

Bought used (June '02) with just shy of 60K miles. Van has performed flawlessly for over 3 years/39K miles. AWD performs very well in rain and snow. Have made two 1,400 mi. trips and one 2,000 mi. trip without using a drop of oil or experiencing a single problem. Averaged 22.5 mpg on recent trip from Ohio to SC and back with over 97K on the clock. Could not ask for more than how this van has performed thus far. Great exterior lines for a kiddo hauler.