1997 Chrysler Town and Country - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:
Best bet for yor dollar
By harpie on 10/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chrysler Town and Country LXi 4dr Ext Minivan

Currently at 95K the small stuff breaks. The van is comfortable, programable seats that adjust to seperate his and her key fobs are way cool, show 'em off to buddies w/o kids. The button on the bottom row of the center console get gummed from splash from cup holders directly in front. It has more cup holders than people. So far we have replaced (major stuff) a steering knuckle, 2 calipers, 2 front rotors and 1 AC compressor ($$$) Lots of small stuff like trim falling off the door, a possessed door speaker. At 95K it starts to rattle and groan a bit- nickle and dime me (big time) Fuel economy has suffered in the last year 20 - 16 MPG

15 years of minivans
By Wanda on 08/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Ext Minivan

I've enjoyed Chrylser's minvans for over 15 years, (87 for 10 years, 97 for 5 years) and now that the kids are grown I still can't seem to give it up. This is a true luxury vehicle and it's a joy to drive. It runs smoothly, is quiet, has a great sound system and has plenty of power to get me up the mountain roads I frequent. It holds 6 -7 people comfortably on long or short trips. Gas mileage is very good - up to 30 mpg on freeway trips, and about 18 around town. Love the computer readout, too. I can carry lots of stuff from Home Depot, big boxes from Best Buy... all my favorite shopping places.

Unreliable
By Radames on 08/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chrysler Town and Country LXi 4dr Ext Minivan

We loved this car until we had to take it to the shop on numerous occasions to have some (multiple) electrical problems fixed, leaky fuel line (recalled years later). It appears this year they had multiple probems on many of these vehicles. The stereo died after 2 days, etc. If it would have been more reliable it would have been a delight.

Chrysler Town & Country LXI 1997
By Hothotpepper on 08/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chrysler Town and Country LXi 4dr Ext Minivan

We love this car! It is plush with soft leather seats, and has had no problems, except on the first day when it stalled, after which the dealer fixed completely...CHRYSLER, you did good on this one!

T&C LXi Review after 100k miles
By JLaw on 08/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chrysler Town and Country LXi 4dr Ext Minivan

At first when I was forced into a minivan for the family my thoughts where no pleasant. However this minivan has been an excellent vehicle no major work at all for 100k miles. Just a bottle of Prolong in the tranny and engine... I never thought I would own a Chrysler and like it, not bad.

Great Van
By clevershark on 07/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Ext Minivan

My wife and I have used this van like a truck. We have hauled doors, concrete, lumber, 36" TV and entertainment center, and tons more. Plus our 3 kids. We can haul more then our friends Durango.