2010 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Review: This car is better than the re

2010 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Review

Limited Convertible (3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic)

This car is better than the reviews
By itguy55 on

2010 Chrysler Sebring Limited 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I recently purchased a 2010 Sebring Limited with the 2.7L V-6 engine. At first sight I liked the Sebring's European styling cues...It seems these days that every American mid-size car on the road wants to look like a Camry--even the venerable Taurus, and I am just tired of that look. My Sebring's lines seem to me much closer to an E-Class Mercedes. When I'm sitting in the cockpit, there's also something very Benz-like about a tilt/telescope steering wheel that pushes almost flat against the dash, which at 6'2" / 260, I appreciate while getting in and out of the car--I can actually turn in the seat to get out, instead of sliding out sideways, which is what I have to do in most cars .

Favorite Features

I don't mean to imply that the quality equals a Mercedes--I wasn't expecting a $50,000 car for $15,000 I spent to by a used Sebring, but the seats are very comfortable, the leather is soft, yet feels durable enough that I don't fear that the comb in my back pocket is going to tear a hole in it. I love the heated seats in these Midwest winters. I have a 45-mile commute to work, and the number one requirement I had for a car was road comfort. The Sebring's ride, especially on the highway, is smoother and quieter than I ever expected from a mid-size car. Before making this purchase I drove a Ford Fusion--it was louder. rode rougher, and felt much smaller and cheaper inside than my Sebring.

Suggested Improvements

It might have been improved by using plastic parts with molded-in color instead of painted parts, especially in high-wear areas like inside door handles. The acceleration is adequate but less than one might expect from a V-6. I do not drive my car on the edge of tire-squeal like the test drivers on the car commercials, so this is really not much of an issue to me...the few times I've had to step down on the pedal to merge such as coming off a freeway ramp, the car has responded with acceleration that more than meets my needs. Don't expect a sports car--the Sebring is tuned for comfort. I have never gotten a better value in a car--it has the ride and features of a car 3 times the cost.