Used 2009 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

Not a good car
By dewhurst

2009 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 11/08 (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I borrowed this car from my grandma when she was out of town for 4 months. During this time, i had to get the power steering repaired twice. Also, I feel like I'm hunched in the car, as the visibility is bad, even though I'm not a tall person. The heated seats are nice, and the interior design is nice. However, now I'm pretty sure I'll steer clear of Chrysler in the future.

dont walk away run far from it.
By pheonix5

2009 Chrysler Sebring Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Chrysler has dropped the ball and kicked it a hundred miles away with this car. The four speed transmission whines at any speed over 80km/hr at which the the transfer gears and bearings have been replaced. steering rack failure and all struts and shocks and swaybar bushings. drive seat motors groans when occupied by anyone over 150lbs. evap system leaks(bad hoses, bad gas cap), spark plugs worn out at 65000km chrysler says there to be replaced at 170000km. when talking to techs at three diffrent dealers this is all common stuff on this car from 2007-20011. I have owned 9 diffrent chrysler products and this is my last. From the car to dealers to head office absolutly pathetic.

Favorite Features

trunk space is pretty good.

Suggested Improvements

for a car 69000km/42900miles on it, this car is a complete joke, scrap the hole thing dont save any part from it and start over.

Great Car !
By alan_qeredaxi

2009 Chrysler Sebring Limited 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 11/08 (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Well, Unlike Edmund's review and the other reviews, I could find nothing that looks cheap or of poor quality, but some pieces in the interior looks cheap ! I was concerned after reading negative reviews, but the car has grown on me. I tested some cars in this segment including Toyota Camry, Nissan Altima, Kia Optima ... It was quiet and smoother. but the Altima was powerful than the Sebring with 2.5L engine. Sebring It's what you want in a mid-size sedan, the car is very nice inside and outside, it has a aerodynamic design, smart intuitive, powerful with I-4 and gushes with elegance, and also the seats are very nice and qulaity, among all of those thing, It is very Stable and economic !

Favorite Features

Leather seats, Heated seats, MP3 & WMA Player, 6 CD changer, DVD Player, SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Uconnect System, AUX ... Exterior is very very nice and stylish, about the performance (0-60 mph) is not bad but for highway is very good ! MPG is just great, interior is good enough for the price ... PLEASE do not write a bad review's about this car if you don't know about it because it is not like what do you think ...

Suggested Improvements

more powerful and increase HP, more quite, parking sensor and rear-view camera, LED lighting & LED daytime running lights.

Get the HARDTOP - You'll love it!
By Lovitt

2009 Chrysler Sebring Limited 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had it almost 2 years, 50,000 miles. Not one problem. Rides smooth (VERY American-style), the 3.5 liter engine has good power. I get 33 mpg combined. The top goes up/down in 30 seconds - smooth every time. The interior plastic is a bit cheap (as others have noted), but the seats are excellent. I have driven this from Miami to D.C and back. 15 hrs each way, and no back pain. It's a cruiser! Dead quiet with the hard-top up. No leakage during a rain or car wash. In fact, you can drive in rain with the top down, so long as you stay above 40 mph. The rain flies over you and you stay dry. People look at you like you're a nut, though. Truly fun Florida car. But it's NOT a sports car.

Favorite Features

the looks, the comfort, the touch- screen AM/FM/CD/MP3/Navigation/Satellite Radio, the cruise-ability, the LARGE trunk - with the top up - it is big like a sedan, with it down, it still holds 2 golf bags or 10 bags of groceries. you can't ask much more of a convert able.

Suggested Improvements

the interior plastic needs to be better. maybe a bit stiffer on the suspension.

09 limited hardtop conv.
By hawaiifun

2009 Chrysler Sebring Limited 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have the 2009 sebring hardtop convertible. I like almost all of the features of the car. It will be 2 years I have had it soon and have had no major problems with the car. The car is very quiet with the top up. The gas mileage is not so good with the 3.5l engine. The design both in and out is sharp. The plastic used on the interior trim is cheap and shows wear. The basic radio is nice, but the limited should come standard with the touch my gig dvd/cd radio. I like my car in all ways except for the basic radio.

Favorite Features

hardtop convertible

Suggested Improvements

better quality interior materials and standard dvd.cd radio