2008 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Consumer Reviews 6

2008 Chrysler Sebring Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:
Worst mileage I ever had
By bigo on 03/08/08 08:17 AM (PST)

2008 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Limited 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought it to leave at our condo in FL. Has about 600 miles on it now and I have filled it up four times already. My 04 Vette, 04 Maxima, 04 Jeep Liberty, and 07 Avelon up North all get far better mileage (nearly twice that for all except the Jeep). All in town short trips except one trip from Fort Lauderdale to Palm Beach and rtn. No leg room in back seat. Nice ride characteristics and top operation. My wife loves it though.

Some flaws but over good car
By DrinkingStar on 02/22/08 13:06 PM (PST)

2008 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've driven my car for about 1000 miles. The precision of the steering, the brakes and the standard audio system are the best of any car I've owned. It gets 24-26 mpg & I have gotten 28.3 mpg mainly hwy with some city driving. Acceleration is decent but seems to be slower than it really is because of the smooth ride. Even though the cabin space is bigger than my '97 Sebring ragtop, there is less front & almost no rear legroom compared to the '97. The fit & finish of the interior & the materials make the car look retro-futuristic. As for the design, it is comparable to the Japanese cars. The ride is as good as an Acura or Scion and the interior & trunk space are better than the VW Eos.

First Convertable, Love it!
By Scott Weber on 02/04/08 14:41 PM (PST)

2008 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Limited 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was absolutly in love with this when I ordered it. After a few months I still love it but it's not perfect. With the hard top, when it rains, the water tends to flow along the edge of the seam by the front part of the roof and off the sides. So when you open the door you will get wet. Not a big deal for me but I could see other people having an issue with it. It requires two hands to put the seat back. This is stange...you have to lift the level with one hand and push the seat back with the other. The spot between the windsheild and hood tends to collect leaves in the fall. The engine does have nice pickup except when you first start it...sluggish. Everything else is great!

All and more that I hoped for
By Lane H. on 01/09/08 21:27 PM (PST)

2008 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Limited 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I checked out all the hardtop converts before buying and this is a much more enjoyable car than i was expecting . It is a cruiser, not a sportscar . Comfortable, quiet, and classy! Ride quality is great. All the professional reviews do not give this car justice. I am really glad I got the electronic stabilty control as we live in the snow and it really makes winter driving safer and easier. This is our everyday car in Minnesota winters. It's a car for people in their late 40s and up who want a convertible but not all the hassles to go with it. Everyone thinks it is a Thunderbird, which would be a good comparison if there was such a thing as I can see nothing that compares.

Great Car
By Gary T. on 01/08/08 17:52 PM (PST)

2008 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Limited 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased a Limited w/cloth top. Car is beautiful in Black w/cream interior. It handles and performs very well. Everything fits and build quality is top notch. 3.5L gives good performance and mileage at 20 city and 27 highway with only 500 miles since purchase. Have received many compliments. I highly recommend this car.

2nd and last Sebring, Mistake
By CC on 01/04/08 23:00 PM (PST)

2008 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Limited 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My first Sebring was a 2000 used with 20K miles. Fortunately, I purchased an extended warranty, I needed to use it several times. I swore I would not buy another one, but I did, I have had the 2008 Sebring converable less than 6 months and already have had it back for service 5 times. It needs to go back yet again. Front end noises, leaks, and 2 days ago, it just shut off when I made a right turn. Less than 7K miles. I don't recommend the Sebring Convertable. Wish I would have bought the Toyota Solana convertable. Incidendley, no space in the back seat for passenger legs. I use it as a bench.

Love This One!
By jagsjones27 on 12/30/07 15:48 PM (PST)

2008 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Limited 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the hard top & 3.6L V6 Limited. It is as quiet as you'll get for a convertible. A trunk & back seat area that is actually functional. The fuel mileage is off-set by the fun.

Happy with my car
By BOB RADZEVICH on 11/23/07 18:00 PM (PST)

2008 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I was attracted to my new Sebring shown from the dealer window. The body is very smart and eye catching. Overall looks are great.car has a larger look than competitors. Roof operation is clever and works well. Fit is perfect. Fun to show. Car has heavy, safe feel. Handles well. Trunk space adequate. Overall nice car

Great ragtop
By boatpuller on 11/03/07 17:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Ride is great, lacks a little power, looks are grand and not the car you want if you don't want a lot of looks. Fuel mileage is better then it was listed at. Sticker said 28 on the hwy we are getting better then 30. Just love to drive it with the top up or down(prefer down).

Fun to drive
By RJO on 08/17/07 05:46 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Limited 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Got mine on june 19 - now has 4500 miles- top's been up and down a hundred times and it works fine. It is a hard top. Got 26.1mpg on a trip on interstate highways and around town 20 to 22 mpg. It is a fun car 2 drive and the top going down turns heads. I put two carry golfbags in trunk w/top down.