Used 2008 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

Such a deal (so far)
By MelH

2008 Chrysler Sebring Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased off rental with 12000 miles for $13000 in Feb, 2009. Thus far the car has been comfortable, reliable and fun. Good room for four adults and good trunk for a convertible. Radio and CD changer work well with excellent sound. Before purchasing drove a Toyota convertible, used with 10,000 miles and a $25,000 purchase price. Frankly the cars were comparable in all respects exept Toyota was faster with larger engine. For $12000 less, it allows a large reserve for reliability issues, if any arise. I spoke with four others who have owned current and prior versions of the Sebring convertible, and none had any serious complaints.

Favorite Features

6 disc CD changer and sound system. Convert top mechanism.

Suggested Improvements

Frankly, it is hard to believe that Chrysler could not market all of these they could produce. Seems to be a reasonably priced convertible you can actually drive everyday without sacrificing anything. Maybe they could improve sales by simply pasting a Toyota emblem on the hood

New Owner
By robert

2008 Chrysler Sebring Touring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Just bought this about 3 weeks ago and my wife and I love it. Looking at all the reviews made me hesitant at first but once I drove it, WOW!. So far so good. Super quiet ride, great sound system, love the interior lighting! My only complaint is that I havent owned this sooner.

Favorite Features

Quiet ride, sound system,

Suggested Improvements

None

Love My Sebring!!!
By CindiT

2008 Chrysler Sebring Limited 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my second Sebring Convertible. I had a 06 Touring Cloth top and upgraded to 08 Hard-top Sebring Limited. My husband and I love to lower the top and head out on pretty days. Our kids are grown and this is Mom's car. I have the I-connect system for hands-free talking. Great economy on fuel and retractable hard-top is so easy to use. Great looking car inside and out. Trunk is spacious, but there is still room to pack dufflebags/carry- ons to travel. I get lots of compliments on the look of the car with and without the top down. I love the fact I can download my CD's to the music system 20g hardrive and not worry about storing them in the car. Just pull up the Jukebox and pick your music.

Favorite Features

Top retracts and stores in about a minute. Get 30+ on hwy on trips. Front seats are confortable. Info panel is great. Love the stereo system and able to download family pics on screen from cameras. Has a 20 gig harddrive to download CD's.

Suggested Improvements

Had to install separate system to use only Ipod systems. Paint comes off door interior armrest. No way to keep people out of trunk if top is down. Just have to push trunk button by steering wheel. Center compartment doesn't lock, but glovebox does. So make sure valuables are not in trunk.

Resale value a joke!!
By Convertible Lover

2008 Chrysler Sebring LX 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love the look of my convertible Sebring. It was in the shop more the first 6 months than I was able to drive it. I had to have the passenger seat replaced because the plastic handle at the top kept breaking the cable in the seat and they couldn't get it fixed without replacing it. Now the driver side plastic handle is broke and needs repaired. The only thing that really bugs me about the car is it isn't worth half of what I paid for it. I can't even trade it in if I wanted too without being upside down. I don't see me buying another Chrysler product. The one really good thing is the looks you get when driving it.

Favorite Features

The overall look of the car. Draws attention when driving.

Suggested Improvements

More power in the 4 cylinder. Less plastic in the car. Better re-sale value.

Keeps me happy and with a smile!
By George

2008 Chrysler Sebring LX 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

There's no better convertible for the price anywhere. Anyone who complains about this car is nuts, unless they have had mechanical troubles Convertbles are not for those who want to live inside a bubble, and if one wants all the comforts of home, they should remain in their living room! When the top is down who cares about the dashboard or the plastic trim? And, if the car were to get wet inside somehow, as all do in time, isn't it better to have things the way this car does? In the winter it holds the road, and its trunk is huge when the top is up. Nowadays everyone is spoiled. Be real,I remember when convertibles were bare bones w/ the metal frame exposed under the top.

Favorite Features

Exterior style, foldaway top, and huge trunk.

Suggested Improvements

Redesign roof so that when it rains or afterward, water does not drip upon the passenger/driver upon opening the doors.