2008 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:
Great Choice
By baldy404 on 09/16/09 09:09 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Sebring Touring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We love our 2008 Sebring Touring Sedan, the 4 cylinder engine is very responsive, with excellent fuel economy (34hwy/28 combined). With 5-Star crash ratings, stability control and side airbags, you can't buy a safer car! Handling in winter conditions was fantastic, the front wheel drive and stability control performed great. We also like the LIFETIME WARRANTY on the powertrain and plan to keep this car for ten years or more, what a fantastic value! Do yourself a favor and drive the Sebring and compare it to similar cars and I will be surprised if you don't buy the Sebring.

Still going topless!
By George on 08/15/09 14:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Sebring LX 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my Sebring convertible a year now, and my wife's had hers eleven months. I've done about 10,000 miles and my wife has done about 6,000 miles on hers. We love the way they drive, their fuel economy, their styling and their huge trunk capacity. On a recent long trip, my car with four people in it, plus luggage,with the top down averaged over 31 mpg doing parkway speeds! My wife's car with the six, regularly does 25+ mpg. These cars are sure footed performers both in nice and in nasty weather. They are GREAT cars and we believe they've not received the good credit that they deserve from the professional reviewers and others. I've driven 44+ yrs. and should know!

We LOVE this car!
By Tammie on 08/09/09 12:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Sebring Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased this car after buying an '01 model for our daughter and wanting to keep it for ourselves. Our car is a blast to drive and the appearance is classy and looks much more expensive than it was. We get comments on it everytime we are out. The gas mileage is much improved on my last vehicle and did I say it is a blast to drive? I can get a huge Sam's run worth of groceries in the trunk when the top is up and an adequate amount with it down. My husband likes to stretch way out to drive and at 6'2" he has no complaints.

BUYER BEWARE!!!!!
By Why Me?? on 07/09/09 22:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Sebring LX 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This was by far the worst mistake I have ever made when purchasing a car. (Owned Toyota, Pontiac, Lexus, and Audi.) In the first 20 days of driving my Chrysler Sebring LX Convertible the latch on the trunk stops operating. This means that my trunk lid will not close and is unsafely moving about while I drive. Next problem came at a stop light when the car stalledÂ…Yes, I was completely stopped at a light and it completely shut off. Luckily my boyfriend was driving and he of course knew what to do. I probably would have panicked. Third, it seems that this problem is a continual problem that CHRYSLER (who should be bankrupt from making crappy cars) is in denial to recall to fix.

Great Car
By beachbumx on 06/26/09 16:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Sebring LX 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

So far this car has been great. Average 24 mpg. Pleanty of room for my 6' 4' frame.Plenty of looks when top is down. Top is a whiz to operate. Fun Car to drive. Love its Radio and controls.

Last Chrysler
By Frustrated on 06/25/09 11:30 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Sebring LX 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My wife and I are loyal Chrysler buyers until this vehicle came along. The styling is great and I like the convertible factor. That's where the compliments end. The vehicle is just over 2 years old now and has been in for repairs 12 times! That's an average of once every 2 months. Issues include, brake lights coming on intermittently, starting getting stuck, front- end/steering noise, stuck door locks, stalling, recalls and interior fit issues. I am currently working with Chrysler assistance to get rid of this vehicle as I feel the front-end problems make it unsafe to drive. Also, it is not worth now what is owed according to KBB. Another nice kick in the head.

2008 Convertible
By Tami on 06/24/09 10:42 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Sebring LX 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2008 Stone White Sebring LX Convertible. Love it! Has the 4 cylinder, and i drove it through the Ozark Mountains here in Missouri with no trouble at all - and that was with the top up, the A/C blasted, two passengers and a trunk full of luggage. It is comfy, cool looking and is a real head turner!!

Very Disappointed
By Disappointed on 06/17/09 05:24 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Sebring LX 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We had numerous issues with the car since Oct. 2008. My husband almost got into an accident because the car stopped on him. The mechanics said a piece flew off something inside and went into the motor. Pick up the car on my way out of town the car stops again and has a really bad burning smell. According to the mechanics not the same problem. Car always seem to want to shut off when you are in stop and go traffic. Driving and heard a noise like a belt or something was about to pop or something was off. Took the car in the mechanics had to change numerous parts. Pick car up from being repaired it shouts off while we are driving it at night. Shuts off steering wheel locks hit sign. Nt reliabl

Hardtop convertible
By Michell on 06/02/09 14:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Sebring Limited 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have the hardtop convertible, and it's so easy to use - whether you drop the top with the button on the dash, or remotely on the keyfob. I love the navigation, and the 'jukebox' style radio - it's great to be able to burn all my CD's to the car's hard drive and not have to load CD's all the time. Great USB plug-in. Love the trunk room. It has enough space to hold 2 golf bags with the top down - awesome! Seats are comforable, and front ones are heated - they heat up within 2 minutes! A/C works well. Car handles well, though not as well as some German cars.

Work of Art,in progress
By Mike on 05/31/09 05:10 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Sebring Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Have had car about 14 months now.Extremely reliable and very fuel efficient.Hard top makes for very quiet convertible.Styling seems to attract scores of people who watch the top go up and down in awe.I've had a couple of Mercedes guys just fall in love with this car.Trunk opens up to massive area representitive of the late 60's early 70's cars when convertible top is up for space.The 18 inch wheels I have on the vehicle really grips the road and the ride is excellant.The paint,fit and finish is also excellant.This car gives me great pride when I take it anywhere as someone is bound to spark a conversation about the car and or lead into the hard top covertible they had in the fifties.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Chrysler Sebring in WA is:

$170 per month*