Used 2008 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews - 100 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chrysler Sebring

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

Nice Car, Nice Price
By Tony

2008 Chrysler Sebring Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 4 door, limited, 4 cylinder a little over a year ago. I was surprised at all the bells and whistles I got for the price I paid. The engine does fine, no thrills but lets face it, how much power do you really need to get around town? I completely disagree with the terrible reviews it gets from various editors. The car is a great value and delivers more than many of its competitors. I was looking at Fusions and Altimas, the Sebring was far ahead in almost every trait. Exterior design is sharp; it looks like a much more expensive car.

Two-tone leather seats, "tortoise shell" accents in interior, automatic climate control, great sound system and smooth ride.

Seats could be more comfortable.

Would not recommend!
By jo_ann81

2008 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car because I liked the looks - unfortunately I didn't do my research ahead of time. This car has some very strange 'quirks' that the mechanics have no explanation for. The transmission shifts very hard sometimes and sometimes the car sputters and almost dies as it's shifting between 1st and 2nd (automatic transmission). I could deal with this problem, but for about a year now sometimes the car will just not start. I'll turn the key and nothing happens, then take the key out and try again and it starts right up (usually). Dealer can not figure out the problem. So far it always starts eventually, but makes me a nervous wreck! We'll be trading this one in very soon!

exterior design, fuel economy (over 30 mpg hwy)

fix issues with car dying, sputtering or not starting

Love my Convertable
By Wayne Kopp

2008 Chrysler Sebring Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first Chrysler product and I love it. Before I bought my convertible, I read the reviews and they were bad. I loved the styling and ride and room and was sold. The ride is smooth, the trunk is roomy and the back and front seats are very comfortable. I'm impressed with the gas mileage and just plain love driving it. Now that I have read the reviews of the owners, they agree with me. What do these professionals look at, I don't know?

The styling is great, the ride is smooth, the gas mileage is good.

Better balancing on the trunk. It is difficult to close.

Great little car, for what it is
By Perfesser

2008 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

It's a 4-door, 4-cylinder commuter car. I live and commute through the flat cornfields of southern MN. Boring roads, straight lines, long distances. This car is perfect for commuting here. It's roomy, comfortable, reliable. Okay, so I can't add powerful, but I'm past that. Once you get to 65, what do you do with all that power anyway? This is my second Sebring. I love the styling, and I still have people come up to me in parking lots to comment on how beautiful the color is (glacier blue). I bought it well, had a few visits back to the dealer to get it sorted out, only one warranty problem since then (power steering went out.) I'm totally satisfied with this car.

Styling, color, interior design, comfort. They've made a lot of improvements since the last generation of Sebrings. It has plenty of back seat room for friends on long trips, and a huge trunk. It'll run on regular pump gas or E20 with no problems.

Better mileage. I get 30 in the summer on the highway, much less during the winter. I think it should do 15-20% better than that. Chrysler should ditch those lousy Firestone tires that it comes with and put something on with better traction and tread life.

Fun Car But Has Its Issues
By leolady

2008 Chrysler Sebring LX 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love my car & cannot emphasize that enough. It's such a fun drive, but it has its flaws. I knew more about the car then dealership from the reviews I read, so I knew the car (could) have its flaws. It has been in the shop many times for a new car: entire top panel had to be replaced because passenger side lining was cut short & falling down, driver side lining replaced because car leaked when raining, the windows sometimes don't go up all the way & the car makes a loud grinding noise with left turns. Most recently, the dashboard lights randomly don't work in the dark-electrical shortage. Love the car & will have fun, but when the warranty is up, so am I.

It's so fun, stylish, rides very nice, sits high, & is roomy. So many more likes than dislikes, but the inconvenience of it being in the shop takes a toll on me. Love the exterior body style and 1-button approach to lowering the top. The truck is great- especially large even with the top down!

Mechanical/electrical performance and gas mileage. It's a good car for those sunny days - not for a daily rough commute. Maybe lighten the doors some- they are very heavy!