Used 2008 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

Wish I Never Purchased
By shannon

2008 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This was by far the worst car I have ever purchased. I have nothing but problems with this car. The blinkers dont work correctly, when I turn on the blinker the wipers come on. I have gotten it looked at a few times and still does the same thing. Like it has a mind of its own and I already had to replace the shifter on it. I could go on about problems I've had with this car. Not a good buy at all..sorry Chrysler

Favorite Features

I can adjust the height of the seat

Suggested Improvements

dont make the car so cheaply

Great car!
By Mike

2008 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I really don't understand the ratings this car has received. Maybe the folks that do the evaluating would prefer a cherry wood dash like those in their Bentley's. Either that or I am just uncommonly easy to please. This car is a fantastic value. I have taken several trips with it and consistently get 37-38 MPG. It is easy to drive, has plenty of passing power and is comfortable and reliable. The exterior design is very stylish and I find the interior to be both attractive and functional. My wife is the primary driver and she loves the car too. You can nit-pick this vehicle apart, if you choose to do so, but, for the price, I think it's an incredible value. Not a bad warranty either (lifetime)

Favorite Features

My wife and I explored several models in this class, including the Hyundai Sonata, Toyota Camry etc., and we kept coming back to the Sebring. We really liked the body style and the nice Chrysler emblem adornments. Motor noise? I don't agree at all and my hearing is fine.

Suggested Improvements

If improving this car means jacking the price up then leave it alone! This car, in my opinion, is a terrific value for the money. I would buy it again. I have a 1999 Dodge with an expensive factory Infinity sound system in it and the standard stereo in the Sebring is far better.

u-connect problems
By patrick

2008 Chrysler Sebring Limited 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love this model-this is my third sebring convertible, 96, 99 and now the 08. However,the u-connect phone continues to dump the stored phone numbers-4 times so far. the dealer replaced the computer, but is still dumping. No one seams to know what is happening.

Great car
By Dezines47

2008 Chrysler Sebring Limited 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased car as a replacement for my 2000 jxi limited and LOVE IT. A convertible that can take my family of 4 to the beach for a long weekend w/ plenty of room. I read a lot about it before purchasing and ran it through it's paces before settling on it. the 3.5 has lots of power and gets over 30mpg on the highway with the top down. Although it does get squirrely with the hard top down. My impressions of this car is with the top up it feels like your driving a luxury car. With the top down, pure sun worship. The biggest surprise was with the hard top up and windows down, I am reminded of the feeling of driving my 1976 Camaro around in the nice weather.

Favorite Features

Hard Top Convertible, Heated/cooled cup holder, Top Down on the remote, Tire Pressure readout at each wheel, auto-stick,hidden steering wheel controls.

Suggested Improvements

Top up on remote! I don't want to go out to the car when it starts to rain. 2 heated/cooled cup holders. don't put uconnect buttons on radio when it is not there. MyGig system is pretty lame. Wind screen is WAY TOO expensive. Come on! over $600 for some plastic and screening? want it, won't pay for it

cute
By anita_9410333

2008 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car back in the late summer of 2009. It had 32,000 miles on it. So far no trouble with it. Rides very good. Being in my early 20's its an attractive car, with plenty of room for friends and family. Enjoyable car.

Favorite Features

I love the stereo, good quality. Plenty of room for taller folks. plenty of trunk room.

Suggested Improvements

I HATE THE DOORS... getting in and out is a pain, you open them and they swing back and close lol. trunk is heavy to open and close, and my cd player broke the day after i got it... needs more comfortable seating, a little hard on the tush.