2008 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:
Love My Sebring!!!
By CindiT on 01/24/10 11:06 AM (PST)

2008 Chrysler Sebring Limited 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my second Sebring Convertible. I had a 06 Touring Cloth top and upgraded to 08 Hard-top Sebring Limited. My husband and I love to lower the top and head out on pretty days. Our kids are grown and this is Mom's car. I have the I-connect system for hands-free talking. Great economy on fuel and retractable hard-top is so easy to use. Great looking car inside and out. Trunk is spacious, but there is still room to pack dufflebags/carry- ons to travel. I get lots of compliments on the look of the car with and without the top down. I love the fact I can download my CD's to the music system 20g hardrive and not worry about storing them in the car. Just pull up the Jukebox and pick your music.

Resale value a joke!!
By Convertible Lover on 01/23/10 17:23 PM (PST)

2008 Chrysler Sebring LX 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love the look of my convertible Sebring. It was in the shop more the first 6 months than I was able to drive it. I had to have the passenger seat replaced because the plastic handle at the top kept breaking the cable in the seat and they couldn't get it fixed without replacing it. Now the driver side plastic handle is broke and needs repaired. The only thing that really bugs me about the car is it isn't worth half of what I paid for it. I can't even trade it in if I wanted too without being upside down. I don't see me buying another Chrysler product. The one really good thing is the looks you get when driving it.

Keeps me happy and with a smile!
By George on 01/23/10 16:47 PM (PST)

2008 Chrysler Sebring LX 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

There's no better convertible for the price anywhere. Anyone who complains about this car is nuts, unless they have had mechanical troubles Convertbles are not for those who want to live inside a bubble, and if one wants all the comforts of home, they should remain in their living room! When the top is down who cares about the dashboard or the plastic trim? And, if the car were to get wet inside somehow, as all do in time, isn't it better to have things the way this car does? In the winter it holds the road, and its trunk is huge when the top is up. Nowadays everyone is spoiled. Be real,I remember when convertibles were bare bones w/ the metal frame exposed under the top.

Fun
By Emily on 01/14/10 19:57 PM (PST)

2008 Chrysler Sebring LX 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I wanted a convertible with a back seat, and this was one that I could afford! I really do love this car... it's so much fun to drive around with the top down in the summertime, but I've also had no issues driving in several inches of snow. I had a small leak repaired by the front window shortly after purchasing, and have had no other issues. I have the smaller engine - not a ton of power, but still enough for me. I'm really happy with this purchase.

Stylish and fun but not a touring car!
By kywlcts on 01/05/10 13:19 PM (PST)

2008 Chrysler Sebring Limited 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

If you a looking for a stylish convertble town car, look no further. But with hard seats, loud road noise and an extremely firm ride, long trips are not advisable. If it is still available, a lifetime everthing, unlimited milage maintenance warranty is advisable given the complexity of the top mechanisms.

Love Sebrings bought 2
By gypsy4u on 12/19/09 11:16 AM (PST)

2008 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I had a 2007 Sebring and got carjacked. I loved my sebring so much, it never had a problem. I drove it to Reno, going 90 miles per hour the whole way. Those Hills are steep! The car has power! It drives like a cadillac! Only one problem, can't drive with windows down, sounds like helicopter. Something to do with the wind and aerodynamics. Its in the owners manual. Drive with the windows up. I loved my sebring soo much I bought a 2008 sebring, its maroon. I have finally found a car that I will continue to buy. It's a nice sporty family car. I feel very safe in it.

Totally hot!!!
By vamprexy on 12/12/09 22:45 PM (PST)

2008 Chrysler Sebring Touring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Totally love this car,acceleration,great brakes- especially in the wet weather we have here during the winter. ice cold air and the heater is amazing. bring as i call her gets great gas mileage around town she is bringing it home with 22mpg. she gets 28/29 on the highway!!! Everyone stops to look at the car like what kind of car is that!! yeah keep looking...surprises the heck out of them when they all find out it is a chrysler....won't get anything else now. next time a drop top.

Best $10,000 car I ever bought
By ruttrow george on 10/31/09 06:11 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the car used with 47,000 miles on it. I paid $9,998 for it. Wow, what a car for the price. Car rides quiet and smooth on the highway, even at 80. The 4 cylinder is a bit noises taking off, but arent' they all? One thing I notice is the brakes are squeaky when the car is first used. It goes away after 5 minutes. I bought an extended warranty for $1185, which covers 45K more miles. Do your shopping on third party warranties before accepting a dealer one. That way they have to compete. The car looks and drives as nice as my snobby neighbors that have Accord or Camary.

I don't think I like this car
By Ikeia on 10/29/09 18:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car that is only one year old, already found out the CD player doesn't work properly, the car can't have the windshield wipers and the lights on at the same time or the car looses all electric mechanism and then to top that the car gear shaft supposedly" has a bad spring". All of this happening in 45 days of the purchase of the car. THe good thing is the car ride beautiful but it just has alot of things wrong with it as far as accesories.

love this car
By d heal on 10/13/09 16:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Sebring LX 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

for the money this car is one of the nicest cars to own and drive. looks as good as the high buck 4 seat convertibles.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.