2008 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:
Love my Convertable
By Wayne Kopp on 06/04/10 18:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Sebring Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first Chrysler product and I love it. Before I bought my convertible, I read the reviews and they were bad. I loved the styling and ride and room and was sold. The ride is smooth, the trunk is roomy and the back and front seats are very comfortable. I'm impressed with the gas mileage and just plain love driving it. Now that I have read the reviews of the owners, they agree with me. What do these professionals look at, I don't know?

Great little car, for what it is
By Perfesser on 06/01/10 23:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

It's a 4-door, 4-cylinder commuter car. I live and commute through the flat cornfields of southern MN. Boring roads, straight lines, long distances. This car is perfect for commuting here. It's roomy, comfortable, reliable. Okay, so I can't add powerful, but I'm past that. Once you get to 65, what do you do with all that power anyway? This is my second Sebring. I love the styling, and I still have people come up to me in parking lots to comment on how beautiful the color is (glacier blue). I bought it well, had a few visits back to the dealer to get it sorted out, only one warranty problem since then (power steering went out.) I'm totally satisfied with this car.

Fun Car But Has Its Issues
By leolady on 05/20/10 12:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Sebring LX 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love my car & cannot emphasize that enough. It's such a fun drive, but it has its flaws. I knew more about the car then dealership from the reviews I read, so I knew the car (could) have its flaws. It has been in the shop many times for a new car: entire top panel had to be replaced because passenger side lining was cut short & falling down, driver side lining replaced because car leaked when raining, the windows sometimes don't go up all the way & the car makes a loud grinding noise with left turns. Most recently, the dashboard lights randomly don't work in the dark-electrical shortage. Love the car & will have fun, but when the warranty is up, so am I.

Wish I Never Purchased
By shannon on 05/13/10 17:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This was by far the worst car I have ever purchased. I have nothing but problems with this car. The blinkers dont work correctly, when I turn on the blinker the wipers come on. I have gotten it looked at a few times and still does the same thing. Like it has a mind of its own and I already had to replace the shifter on it. I could go on about problems I've had with this car. Not a good buy at all..sorry Chrysler

Great car!
By Mike on 04/14/10 11:19 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I really don't understand the ratings this car has received. Maybe the folks that do the evaluating would prefer a cherry wood dash like those in their Bentley's. Either that or I am just uncommonly easy to please. This car is a fantastic value. I have taken several trips with it and consistently get 37-38 MPG. It is easy to drive, has plenty of passing power and is comfortable and reliable. The exterior design is very stylish and I find the interior to be both attractive and functional. My wife is the primary driver and she loves the car too. You can nit-pick this vehicle apart, if you choose to do so, but, for the price, I think it's an incredible value. Not a bad warranty either (lifetime)

u-connect problems
By patrick on 04/13/10 14:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Sebring Limited 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love this model-this is my third sebring convertible, 96, 99 and now the 08. However,the u-connect phone continues to dump the stored phone numbers-4 times so far. the dealer replaced the computer, but is still dumping. No one seams to know what is happening.

Great car
By Dezines47 on 03/23/10 11:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Sebring Limited 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased car as a replacement for my 2000 jxi limited and LOVE IT. A convertible that can take my family of 4 to the beach for a long weekend w/ plenty of room. I read a lot about it before purchasing and ran it through it's paces before settling on it. the 3.5 has lots of power and gets over 30mpg on the highway with the top down. Although it does get squirrely with the hard top down. My impressions of this car is with the top up it feels like your driving a luxury car. With the top down, pure sun worship. The biggest surprise was with the hard top up and windows down, I am reminded of the feeling of driving my 1976 Camaro around in the nice weather.

cute
By anita_9410333 on 02/26/10 01:54 AM (PST)

2008 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car back in the late summer of 2009. It had 32,000 miles on it. So far no trouble with it. Rides very good. Being in my early 20's its an attractive car, with plenty of room for friends and family. Enjoyable car.

Such a deal (so far)
By MelH on 02/11/10 09:55 AM (PST)

2008 Chrysler Sebring Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased off rental with 12000 miles for $13000 in Feb, 2009. Thus far the car has been comfortable, reliable and fun. Good room for four adults and good trunk for a convertible. Radio and CD changer work well with excellent sound. Before purchasing drove a Toyota convertible, used with 10,000 miles and a $25,000 purchase price. Frankly the cars were comparable in all respects exept Toyota was faster with larger engine. For $12000 less, it allows a large reserve for reliability issues, if any arise. I spoke with four others who have owned current and prior versions of the Sebring convertible, and none had any serious complaints.

New Owner
By robert on 01/27/10 17:09 PM (PST)

2008 Chrysler Sebring Touring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Just bought this about 3 weeks ago and my wife and I love it. Looking at all the reviews made me hesitant at first but once I drove it, WOW!. So far so good. Super quiet ride, great sound system, love the interior lighting! My only complaint is that I havent owned this sooner.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.