Used 2008 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

I like the car
By Ed

2008 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I think the Sebring gets a bad rap. I am a salesman so my car is my office. The car handles nicely in rain, snow, or dry highway and I get 36 plus mpg on the Interstate doing 68 mph. The 4 cylinder is all the power I need. The only problems have been the radio (replaced twice) and the turn signal assembly had to be replaced. I put OEM Chrysler 300 17" Chrome wheels and a chrome grill on which really dressed up the car. Currently with over 65,000 miles, I'd recommend it.

Gas mileage, room in car and trunk, fold down rear seat.

Less plastic in interior, standard on/off lighting, standard rear disk brakes

3.5L V6 Hardtop Convertible
By Chris

2008 Chrysler Sebring LX 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Black with platinum wheels and trim, the car sure looks classy. Put synthetic oil and premium gasoline in it, and she flies, too. Sadly, only 20 mpg in the city. What I thought was flimsy building (the grunts and groans quite a bit), I realized is just how the car is sprung. Once you drive it a while, it can really perform for you. All the things they say about the interior are true, and it would have been an easy fix because its really comfy in there, actually. Also, windshield top is a little low for tall people. Classy rig. Ladies in Palm Springs love it.

3.5L V6 Nice leather Great Stereo ( Boston A.)

Karmann top a little clunky Tiny bit soft around the corners

Excellent value!
By Sharlene MacLaren

2008 Chrysler Sebring Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Sebring Convertible. I drove a 2000 Sebring jxi for 8 years and loved it so much I knew I had to have another one. I have since purchased the 2008 and love it even more! The style and feel of this car is wonderful. When I'm behind the wheel I feel like a queen. (teehee) Seriously, this is such a great car for the price and in my opinion THE best 4-passenger convertible on the road! I love the power and surge of the V6. Will never go back to a 4-cylinder. And the radio? Hmm - to die for! Notice I didn't talk about the mechanics/engine/gas mileage. Don't care. The car is AMAZING! Just trust me on this.

style, heated seats, comfort, leather interior, overall luxurious feel, smooth, exceptionally quiet ride. This is a great improvement over the 2000 Sebring Convertible, which I felt had a few rattles.

Best 4 pass Convertible period
By Gazman

2008 Chrysler Sebring Limited 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

in any fair comparison this is the best 4 passenger convertible. interesting some reviewers didn't realize that holding the up button past the roof up will automatically raise all 4 windows. some compared the 2.7 to the Mustang time was better with the 3.5 so they were probably afraid to do a real comparison.

Hard top, Mygig,

20" mags

Gas sipper
By Mike

2008 Chrysler Sebring LX 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Have had this car (LX Convertible; 2.4 L 4 cyl) for 3 months. Gas mileage is unbelievable for a vehicle this heavy. Maybe a little under-powered; acceleration isn't the best, but once I'm on the open road on a long highway trip, if I set the cruise around 67 mph, I can count on getting 32 mpg or more...I've been as high as 36.5 mpg. I traded my 2002 Sebring Convertible GTC (2.7 L, 6 cyl) in for this one -- the GTC was a lot lower to the ground and more stable, a little more sporty, the LX handles more like a sedan. It's a little top- heavy. Still a cool car though.