2008 Chrysler Sebring Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:
I like the car
By Ed on 11/27/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I think the Sebring gets a bad rap. I am a salesman so my car is my office. The car handles nicely in rain, snow, or dry highway and I get 36 plus mpg on the Interstate doing 68 mph. The 4 cylinder is all the power I need. The only problems have been the radio (replaced twice) and the turn signal assembly had to be replaced. I put OEM Chrysler 300 17" Chrome wheels and a chrome grill on which really dressed up the car. Currently with over 65,000 miles, I'd recommend it.

Nice Car, Nice Price
By Tony on 06/14/10 17:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Sebring Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 4 door, limited, 4 cylinder a little over a year ago. I was surprised at all the bells and whistles I got for the price I paid. The engine does fine, no thrills but lets face it, how much power do you really need to get around town? I completely disagree with the terrible reviews it gets from various editors. The car is a great value and delivers more than many of its competitors. I was looking at Fusions and Altimas, the Sebring was far ahead in almost every trait. Exterior design is sharp; it looks like a much more expensive car.

Would not recommend!
By jo_ann81 on 06/10/10 13:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car because I liked the looks - unfortunately I didn't do my research ahead of time. This car has some very strange 'quirks' that the mechanics have no explanation for. The transmission shifts very hard sometimes and sometimes the car sputters and almost dies as it's shifting between 1st and 2nd (automatic transmission). I could deal with this problem, but for about a year now sometimes the car will just not start. I'll turn the key and nothing happens, then take the key out and try again and it starts right up (usually). Dealer can not figure out the problem. So far it always starts eventually, but makes me a nervous wreck! We'll be trading this one in very soon!

Great little car, for what it is
By Perfesser on 06/01/10 23:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

It's a 4-door, 4-cylinder commuter car. I live and commute through the flat cornfields of southern MN. Boring roads, straight lines, long distances. This car is perfect for commuting here. It's roomy, comfortable, reliable. Okay, so I can't add powerful, but I'm past that. Once you get to 65, what do you do with all that power anyway? This is my second Sebring. I love the styling, and I still have people come up to me in parking lots to comment on how beautiful the color is (glacier blue). I bought it well, had a few visits back to the dealer to get it sorted out, only one warranty problem since then (power steering went out.) I'm totally satisfied with this car.

Wish I Never Purchased
By shannon on 05/13/10 17:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This was by far the worst car I have ever purchased. I have nothing but problems with this car. The blinkers dont work correctly, when I turn on the blinker the wipers come on. I have gotten it looked at a few times and still does the same thing. Like it has a mind of its own and I already had to replace the shifter on it. I could go on about problems I've had with this car. Not a good buy at all..sorry Chrysler

Great car!
By Mike on 04/14/10 11:19 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I really don't understand the ratings this car has received. Maybe the folks that do the evaluating would prefer a cherry wood dash like those in their Bentley's. Either that or I am just uncommonly easy to please. This car is a fantastic value. I have taken several trips with it and consistently get 37-38 MPG. It is easy to drive, has plenty of passing power and is comfortable and reliable. The exterior design is very stylish and I find the interior to be both attractive and functional. My wife is the primary driver and she loves the car too. You can nit-pick this vehicle apart, if you choose to do so, but, for the price, I think it's an incredible value. Not a bad warranty either (lifetime)

cute
By anita_9410333 on 02/26/10 01:54 AM (PST)

2008 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car back in the late summer of 2009. It had 32,000 miles on it. So far no trouble with it. Rides very good. Being in my early 20's its an attractive car, with plenty of room for friends and family. Enjoyable car.

New Owner
By robert on 01/27/10 17:09 PM (PST)

2008 Chrysler Sebring Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Just bought this about 3 weeks ago and my wife and I love it. Looking at all the reviews made me hesitant at first but once I drove it, WOW!. So far so good. Super quiet ride, great sound system, love the interior lighting! My only complaint is that I havent owned this sooner.

Love Sebrings bought 2
By gypsy4u on 12/19/09 11:16 AM (PST)

2008 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I had a 2007 Sebring and got carjacked. I loved my sebring so much, it never had a problem. I drove it to Reno, going 90 miles per hour the whole way. Those Hills are steep! The car has power! It drives like a cadillac! Only one problem, can't drive with windows down, sounds like helicopter. Something to do with the wind and aerodynamics. Its in the owners manual. Drive with the windows up. I loved my sebring soo much I bought a 2008 sebring, its maroon. I have finally found a car that I will continue to buy. It's a nice sporty family car. I feel very safe in it.

Totally hot!!!
By vamprexy on 12/12/09 22:45 PM (PST)

2008 Chrysler Sebring Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Totally love this car,acceleration,great brakes- especially in the wet weather we have here during the winter. ice cold air and the heater is amazing. bring as i call her gets great gas mileage around town she is bringing it home with 22mpg. she gets 28/29 on the highway!!! Everyone stops to look at the car like what kind of car is that!! yeah keep looking...surprises the heck out of them when they all find out it is a chrysler....won't get anything else now. next time a drop top.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Chrysler Sebring Sedan in VA is:

$135 per month*