2008 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:
Best car I've owned
By sebringdriver on 01/15/14 13:18 PM (PST)

2008 Chrysler Sebring Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

It's been nearly a year since I've purchased this car in 2013, and I've had so much fun with it. The design is truly classic, and although nearly six years old, it still looks very current compared to other cars of it's age. I'm a tall guy- 6'7" and I fit with no complaints. I've even ridden in the back seat and was still comfortable, although the top was down at the time. The overall maintenance is very affordable, (knock on wood) I haven't had to do anything that wasn't routine. My one minor complaint about the car is the interior finishes, it appears Chrysler skimped on the quality, although it is still nicely designed and has an easy button layout. Overall the best car I've owned.

Year later still better than expected
By mhoffman2 on 04/12/11 09:35 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Sebring Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Wrote review year ago. Now with 15000 more miles, still no problems. Just washed and waxed,and vehicle with white paint still gleams like new. Now that sun is out, I dropped top, no problems. Paid $12000 for Touring model in Feb, 2009, now worth about the same price or possibly more. No regrets. May turn out to be one of better automobile purchases, even if it does suffer some future breakdown. For now,EVERYTHING is good.

Great car
By idav on 02/19/11 15:23 PM (PST)

2008 Chrysler Sebring Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have the car for 2.5 years now and so far it does what it supposed to be , a fun car with more interior room then almost any convertible on the road. i dont understand why the car have bad reviews, you cant compare it to Mercedes or BMW but i can buy two of them compare with their price. currently 43,00O miles and done only regular service.

I like the car
By Ed on 11/27/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I think the Sebring gets a bad rap. I am a salesman so my car is my office. The car handles nicely in rain, snow, or dry highway and I get 36 plus mpg on the Interstate doing 68 mph. The 4 cylinder is all the power I need. The only problems have been the radio (replaced twice) and the turn signal assembly had to be replaced. I put OEM Chrysler 300 17" Chrome wheels and a chrome grill on which really dressed up the car. Currently with over 65,000 miles, I'd recommend it.

3.5L V6 Hardtop Convertible
By Chris on 10/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Sebring LX 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Black with platinum wheels and trim, the car sure looks classy. Put synthetic oil and premium gasoline in it, and she flies, too. Sadly, only 20 mpg in the city. What I thought was flimsy building (the grunts and groans quite a bit), I realized is just how the car is sprung. Once you drive it a while, it can really perform for you. All the things they say about the interior are true, and it would have been an easy fix because its really comfy in there, actually. Also, windshield top is a little low for tall people. Classy rig. Ladies in Palm Springs love it.

Excellent value!
By Sharlene MacLaren on 09/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Sebring Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Sebring Convertible. I drove a 2000 Sebring jxi for 8 years and loved it so much I knew I had to have another one. I have since purchased the 2008 and love it even more! The style and feel of this car is wonderful. When I'm behind the wheel I feel like a queen. (teehee) Seriously, this is such a great car for the price and in my opinion THE best 4-passenger convertible on the road! I love the power and surge of the V6. Will never go back to a 4-cylinder. And the radio? Hmm - to die for! Notice I didn't talk about the mechanics/engine/gas mileage. Don't care. The car is AMAZING! Just trust me on this.

Best 4 pass Convertible period
By Gazman on 08/14/10 06:58 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Sebring Limited 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

in any fair comparison this is the best 4 passenger convertible. interesting some reviewers didn't realize that holding the up button past the roof up will automatically raise all 4 windows. some compared the 2.7 to the Mustang time was better with the 3.5 so they were probably afraid to do a real comparison.

Gas sipper
By Mike on 06/21/10 11:27 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Sebring LX 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Have had this car (LX Convertible; 2.4 L 4 cyl) for 3 months. Gas mileage is unbelievable for a vehicle this heavy. Maybe a little under-powered; acceleration isn't the best, but once I'm on the open road on a long highway trip, if I set the cruise around 67 mph, I can count on getting 32 mpg or more...I've been as high as 36.5 mpg. I traded my 2002 Sebring Convertible GTC (2.7 L, 6 cyl) in for this one -- the GTC was a lot lower to the ground and more stable, a little more sporty, the LX handles more like a sedan. It's a little top- heavy. Still a cool car though.

Nice Car, Nice Price
By Tony on 06/14/10 17:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Sebring Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 4 door, limited, 4 cylinder a little over a year ago. I was surprised at all the bells and whistles I got for the price I paid. The engine does fine, no thrills but lets face it, how much power do you really need to get around town? I completely disagree with the terrible reviews it gets from various editors. The car is a great value and delivers more than many of its competitors. I was looking at Fusions and Altimas, the Sebring was far ahead in almost every trait. Exterior design is sharp; it looks like a much more expensive car.

Would not recommend!
By jo_ann81 on 06/10/10 13:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car because I liked the looks - unfortunately I didn't do my research ahead of time. This car has some very strange 'quirks' that the mechanics have no explanation for. The transmission shifts very hard sometimes and sometimes the car sputters and almost dies as it's shifting between 1st and 2nd (automatic transmission). I could deal with this problem, but for about a year now sometimes the car will just not start. I'll turn the key and nothing happens, then take the key out and try again and it starts right up (usually). Dealer can not figure out the problem. So far it always starts eventually, but makes me a nervous wreck! We'll be trading this one in very soon!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.