Used 2008 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chrysler Sebring

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

Engineers should resign
By vixvix

2008 Chrysler Sebring Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

2008 Chrysler Sebring Touring Convertible is my third Chrysler Convertible. All three purchased used. The first-engine was destroyed when timing belt broke-had to replace the engine; the 2nd-ran hot and melted the engine; replaced the car; the third (and final) purchased from CarMax in 2012- needs struts, replaced the brakes twice; windshield wipers are sporadic; design of the body-rear is so high -can't see vehicles behind me; trunk is so heavy -have difficulty closing it; rear interior so tight, grade-school children have to curl up - adults are in disbelief. The console (between front seats) is un-reachable; sun visors are cheap w/no light; 'oil change needed' is always on. No more!

Favorite Features

Fav features- None - even the convertible top - has to have an empty trunk in order to use it.

Suggested Improvements

The 2008 Chrysler Sebring Touring Convertible trunk (rear) is way too high - the car is 'heavy' - heavy doors - heavy hood - heavy trunk. The back seat area is so very narrow - it just is not suitable for anyone over three feet. This model came with sun visors that do not return to the not-in-use position -they simply dangle, surprisingly they have no light. The wipers have been replaced three times. I thought this to be a luxury vehicle - it is not.

Don't Buy It Car Has Costly Continuous Problems
By thisismyreview

2008 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have a 2008 sedan and in the last year the transmission went out suddenly in the middle of the street without warning, the next month the starter went out and now it continuously stalls suddenly at the stop light and if I turn the corner etc. Mechanics are baffled and don't want to deal with it. Every time I fix "something" 2 months later there's another $500 problem. Like so many others have stated I need to get rid of this car A.S.A.P. By the way Dodge/Chrysler's are known for having transmission problems so think about that the next time you consider buying from them.

Favorite Features

It LOOKS nice.

Suggested Improvements

Stop making crappy cars and stand behind your products. These constant problems are not normal and in no way should your customers have to continue to pay for repairs that are result of a product issue rather than normal wear and tear.

Best car I've owned
By sebringdriver

2008 Chrysler Sebring Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

It's been nearly a year since I've purchased this car in 2013, and I've had so much fun with it. The design is truly classic, and although nearly six years old, it still looks very current compared to other cars of it's age. I'm a tall guy- 6'7" and I fit with no complaints. I've even ridden in the back seat and was still comfortable, although the top was down at the time. The overall maintenance is very affordable, (knock on wood) I haven't had to do anything that wasn't routine. My one minor complaint about the car is the interior finishes, it appears Chrysler skimped on the quality, although it is still nicely designed and has an easy button layout. Overall the best car I've owned.

Year later still better than expected
By mhoffman2

2008 Chrysler Sebring Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Wrote review year ago. Now with 15000 more miles, still no problems. Just washed and waxed,and vehicle with white paint still gleams like new. Now that sun is out, I dropped top, no problems. Paid $12000 for Touring model in Feb, 2009, now worth about the same price or possibly more. No regrets. May turn out to be one of better automobile purchases, even if it does suffer some future breakdown. For now,EVERYTHING is good.

Favorite Features

Trunk disappears into trunk. Nice interior. Stereo is much better than average. Reliability (so far).

Suggested Improvements

Put a Mercedes emblem on the hood and a Mercedes chassis underneath it. (by the way, just purchased and picked up in Germany a GLK 350) Now I can really compare apples and oranges. Maybe they both taste like chicken.

Great car
By idav

2008 Chrysler Sebring Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have the car for 2.5 years now and so far it does what it supposed to be , a fun car with more interior room then almost any convertible on the road. i dont understand why the car have bad reviews, you cant compare it to Mercedes or BMW but i can buy two of them compare with their price. currently 43,00O miles and done only regular service.

Suggested Improvements

Too much hard plastic inside.