Used 2007 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

Most Helpful|
Best Car I've Ever Had
By Savage

2007 Chrysler Sebring Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Truly is the best car I've ever had. Love the new body style, love everything about it.

Favorite Features

Performance and fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

Lower lumbar support.

Camry replacement
By Lizard

2007 Chrysler Sebring Touring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Equal year/option Camry is $5-6k more! & NOT worth it. Our Camry '02 was very good, BUT VERY expensive to repair, tired systems. We needed a good value (kid in college expenses!), 4 door, & found a mint, Chrysler off-lease, loaded Sebring Touring. 73,000 km. Power train warranty to Mar 2012! So far, 34 imperial mpg on highway (better than our V6 Camry). Cruises effortlessly. Nice firmer ride, but not harsh. Camry was mushy.

Favorite Features

2.7 V6 = good economy & power. Heated seats will be a treat this winter. Sunroof was nice this summer. Dealer was great. 2nd purchase there; both off-lease vehicles. Well laid out interior. Doors "thud",thanks Daimler. VALUE for the buck.

Suggested Improvements

Upgrade cheap interior finishes/quality. Lock-up torque converter/transmission jerky at certain, low speeds. Trunk could be bigger. Return compass & thermometer to center of cabin, so passengers can see (previous Chryslers had). Better coatings on alloy wheels, like my Dakota. Salt stains are bad.

happy BUT.....
By Sara

2007 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car used from Car Maxx and it started out pretty good. Had to replace the brakes, etc. and then the gear shift mechanism just snapped leaving me stranded. Now I seem to have a wiring issue so I have no power outlets and they can't find the problem. Now I have to replace the pulleys for the serpentine belt. I really like the car, it's fun, great looking, great air, good stereo system and is comfortable to drive anywhere. Just unusual things go wrong and I didn't purchase an extended warranty due to financial issues at the time. Next time I will and I would buy this car again. My mom owns a 2008 Sebring.

Favorite Features

looks, handling, accelerates great for a 4 cyclinder, good gas mileage and I feel safe in it after coming out a HEMI quad cab.

Suggested Improvements

Brakes really need help

dad always said "don't by a Chyrsler"
By allysam

2007 Chrysler Sebring Touring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car in 2010 used with under 40K miles (I've had it for 3 years). Already had to replace the breaks 3 times (also, they give off a TON of break dust) . Shifter got stuck in park; dealer told me it WASN'T the recall. Check engine light has come on for several things including O2 sensor and cylinder misfire. The recirculate door for the AC flaps for 60 sec upon hitting the button. Just recently encountered "rumbles in idle, drops below 500 RPM" problem; required wiring to the O2 sensor to be replaced. Trunk latch is faulty and will sometimes pop open when going over railroad tracks or speed bumps. Sometimes radio panel doesn't come on; have to hit it. Don't buy it. Don't.

Favorite Features

It's pretty and stylish looking. I love that the starter is one-touch (you don't have to hold the key while the car cranks). I love that the blinker has an option where you can tap it and it blinks 3 times, just long enough to switch lanes.

Suggested Improvements

Um...make it work better, obviously!

Excellent car for the price
By paradise55

2007 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

2007 Sebring, with 150K, $3500. For the price you would get top brand 2000 year car with 2 air bags! some issues: Air bag light on- replaced clock spring. "Throttle position sensor slow response" trouble code - engine oil below check rod added 1.5 quart to see in the check rod - thick and dirty. ($19 oil change 2 month, 1K mile)- code reappeared after 2 days - Changed the oil in the dealer- trouble code went away. No start and no power in trouble code reader- replaced fuse no 27 with fuse no 3. Engine started but NO GEAR SHIFT. Put another fuse in no 3. Now it has 160K running good and strong. Gear shift is also smooth. No other major repairs for 7yrs and 160K.

Favorite Features

Comfortable drive and handling. Durable cloth interior. Good sound system (Boston Acoustics) sounds way better than BOSE in my 2007 Saab.