2007 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:
Something to consider
By oliver on 01/13/09 17:57 PM (PST)

2007 Chrysler Sebring Touring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Do not get me wrong this is a really good car, the only issue I have with it is the brakes. It seems that the braking system is not strong enough for the car, now that might be how they make cars today, but its not smart. I found out that I needed brakes (at around 10,000 miles) when I went to stop and the vehicle did not want to and then you heard a horrible grinding noise, only to find out that there was nothing left to the pads, they had worn down with no notification whatsoever, some saftey light would have been nice. Just something to consider.

Not A Very Good Car
By Fran on 12/09/08 17:43 PM (PST)

2007 Chrysler Sebring Touring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I got this car as a company vehicle last year July 2007. I have the 2.7L V6 engine. I must say, the car is very stylish from the outside but basically, car is a piece of crap! I took this car in several times to the dealership for various repairs. Problems that stand out for me is the following - Car dies intermittenly at low speeds. When making left turns, car makes a growling noise. At stops, sometimes car sputters, then surges forward when foot is on brake. If you don't have to drive it and leave it parked the car get 10's all around. Once you drive it the car gets 1's all around! I will never ever purchase a Chrysler product. No wonder the 3 big American car companies are going out of business!

Good so far!
By jpassare on 11/28/08 17:14 PM (PST)

2007 Chrysler Sebring Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my 07 Sebring new, and put 25K miles in one year. In this time it only needed one minor fix to the trunk release. I have the 2.4l 4 cyl, and no issues with pep. I'm a bit surprised by some reviews that report lack of pep. I travel a lot, and have driven many rental cars with 4 cyl. engines. I don't think any of them have as much go or more power than my Sebring. On the highway it's quite and handles far better than I expected for the price I paid. On one recent highway trip I got 35 mpg doing mostly 70 mph. My only concern is if Chrysler will stay in business to honor the life time power- train warranty that came with my car for no extra cost!

MY BABY!
By love my sebring on 10/29/08 17:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Chrysler Sebring Touring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I went to a Nissan dealership, and drove away with a Chrysler. I'm a college student, wanted to get something I wouldn't have to pray would break down on me. Test drove a few Nissans then I test drove the Sebring, and then took it home. I love the way the car looks. It's great on gas, and the sound system is great. People have been complaining about the pick up, I think the car is quite peppy, and when I'm on the highway I don't even realize how fast I'm going sometimes. The inside feels sorta like a airplane cockpit, but I love my car ! I love the gas mileage it rivals a Honda, or Nissan . Not bad for an American made car

What have I done?
By Sick to my stomach on 10/17/08 21:33 PM (PDT)

2007 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the Sebring about a month ago. I absolutely hate this car. It sounds terrible. Never know what noises I'm going to hear each day. Kind of fun to drive but so noisy and uncomfortable it's hard to get past anything else. Please ask if you can take car for a few days and drive before you buy to make sure it's what you want. Wish I would have. Not fun just sick to my stomach that I'm in this car for a long time. I wish I could hire someone to run it off of a cliff.

2007 Sebring Touring
By Tracy on 08/31/08 20:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Chrysler Sebring Touring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I leased my Sebring when they were brand new to the showrooms. It was a great car that handled well, has great features like Sirius satellite radio, 6 in dash CD player and most importantly UConnect. I found it so much easier to use than the Trailblazer I had. The four cylinder engine had more than enough power to take us where we were going and in the year and a half I had the car, no problems to report. The greatest concern with the car is safety. The car was in an accident which rendered it a complete loss. The car was hit head on and the air bags never went off. Thankfully my children weren't in the car but I did suffer chest pain from hitting the steering wheel.

Water problems after rain
By Regina on 08/19/08 20:30 PM (PDT)

2007 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle a few weeks ago. Just got my license plate yesterday. I already want to return it. I love this car, especially the way it looks. But I'm already experiencing problems. Twice the ignition made a sound when cranking as if the starter was getting ready to quit on me and the brakes makes a funny noise only when I'm backing up. Now today it rained while i was at work and i hear water swishing around in the back, my husband says it sounds like it's coming from the back passenger door. It sounds like a LOT of water, not a little. Although i'm under warranty i think i'm going to return it and find me something else. Beware of the Chrysler Sebring!

Watch out for electrical fire
By kim porter on 07/26/08 08:10 AM (PDT)

2007 Chrysler Sebring Touring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I was just getting used to the car, driving it back and forth to work, one fine day on my way home, I stopped at my local home improvement store, I got out of the car, and walked into the store, within minutes my car had caught fire. So be careful there is something going on with this car, that Chrysler has not recognized as of yet. If anyone else has had this problem please call Chrysler and inform them of this problem.

Better than I expected
By Trisha on 07/17/08 21:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Chrysler Sebring Touring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We own a Ford Freestyle Limited and wanted something smaller like a Camry. I travel a lot and needed better gas mileage. I was amazed when I test drove the Sebring. So glad I did, it is great on gas and sporty! I had only owned Toyota's (2 Camry's, 1 Corolla) and and one Ford (which we still have)...I love this Chrysler. My two daughters are anxious to drive it when they are old enough - they liked the body style as much as I do. This car has been better than I expected.

Watch Out! Pretty car but bad performance
By Michelle on 06/06/08 15:34 PM (PDT)

2007 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car with less then 100 mi. Started having problems 2 days after I took it home. Had problems with the check engine light- had to replace the PCP. Had problems with the sunroof/spoiler. The car makes noises when you start it and power steering make cluck noises when you turn corners. Took it back to the dealership for the 8th time but they say these problems were just the way the car was built. Please don't buy this car unless you want a noisy car. Looks nice from outside but the engine sounds very loud. I just recently noticed a gaping crack where the bumper meets the rest of the car. Looks to be pulling away. Back to the shop it will go!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.