Used 2007 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chrysler Sebring

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

What Now?
By Tone

2007 Chrysler Sebring Touring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Have a few issues with this model. There is water in the driver's side door and the rear passenger door. Brakes are difficult to find, special order. Shift lock broken. Floor has worn under the pedals quicker than any other car i have even owed.

Favorite Features

Multi Cd player and MP3 hook up

Camry replacement
By Lizard

2007 Chrysler Sebring Touring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Equal year/option Camry is $5-6k more! & NOT worth it. Our Camry '02 was very good, BUT VERY expensive to repair, tired systems. We needed a good value (kid in college expenses!), 4 door, & found a mint, Chrysler off-lease, loaded Sebring Touring. 73,000 km. Power train warranty to Mar 2012! So far, 34 imperial mpg on highway (better than our V6 Camry). Cruises effortlessly. Nice firmer ride, but not harsh. Camry was mushy.

Favorite Features

2.7 V6 = good economy & power. Heated seats will be a treat this winter. Sunroof was nice this summer. Dealer was great. 2nd purchase there; both off-lease vehicles. Well laid out interior. Doors "thud",thanks Daimler. VALUE for the buck.

Suggested Improvements

Upgrade cheap interior finishes/quality. Lock-up torque converter/transmission jerky at certain, low speeds. Trunk could be bigger. Return compass & thermometer to center of cabin, so passengers can see (previous Chryslers had). Better coatings on alloy wheels, like my Dakota. Salt stains are bad.

Too many issues
By KnightKF

2007 Chrysler Sebring Touring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I got this vehicle while I was pregnant thinking it would be a good family car. The paint was chipping from the beginning and the dealership refused to fix it. Had to have the gear shift replaced because it got stuck in park. I have had multiple issues with the power windows, and and power seats. Recently I was in a wreck and the passenger side was hit and the side curtain air bags did not deploy. I will never own another Chrysler vehicle.

Favorite Features

It looked okay until the paint started chipping just days after purchase.

Suggested Improvements

Chrysler should start over.

Great price/needs help!
By FORD LOVER

2007 Chrysler Sebring Touring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car because of the body style and how it drove, like a luxury automobile. I had it only 3 days and the gear got hung in park. The dealership fixed the problem and I can only pray that it doesn't happen again. I love the comfortable ride. air conditioning, Sirius radio and the body style, but after reading all the other reviews, I'm wondering if I should have bought another dependable ford product. I owned a Ford Focus with 106,000 miles on it and it was very dependable, no problems ever. I'm prayerful that God will allow this to be a good purchase and not have the problems that others have had, if not than I will return and update my information to others so they will know!

Favorite Features

Body style, handling, performance, fuel saver, air conditioning, color- red, quite ride, Sirius radio and great speakers, spacious trunk, key starter button, heated side mirrors, rear view mirror glare control and cup holders.

Suggested Improvements

More space for personal items like {cd's, change, sunglasses, etc...} better window wipers, radio control for volume up & down needs to be on the left side and replace the gear shifter with push button on side to release, instead of what is there to eliminate breakdowns and repair cost!

Please save your money or be a mechanic
By ItsGabrielle

2007 Chrysler Sebring Touring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I got this car 3 weeks ago. The price was GREAT but I didn't get it from a dealership as big as Chrysler. We drove it out of town for a family reunion about 2 hours away, the gas mileage was great. BUT the uconnect call system is faulty. I can sit in my living room and the car will pick the call up and when I try to jump into the car to talk I see that it's on mute, but there is no mute button in the car to unmute it. It has only been 3 weeks and the car shakes when I slow down everywhere! I hear that they have small rotors that need to be replaced. I haven't made my first payment yet, I get off from work today and my gear is stuck in Park. There is no simple fix. The part is $200

Favorite Features

Gas mileage and the Jaguar style hood. Much trunk space and I love the fold down passenger seat, i put my purse there everyday on my way to work.

Suggested Improvements

My mom had to come 45 miles to pick me up from work and I had to leave my car in the garage because it won't shift past neutral and you have to struggle to get it to neutral. The warranty went out in Jan and it has a radiator recall. Buy it new or not at all. Get a WARRANTY!