Used 2007 Chrysler Sebring Touring Sedan Consumer Reviews - 43 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chrysler Sebring Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chrysler Sebring Sedan

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

Save Yourself The Trouble!
By Brianna

2007 Chrysler Sebring Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have the 2.7L V6 engine. Let me start by saying i haven't had many problems but the problems I do have are ridiculous. As previously mentioned by others, the car randomly stalls out on you whether you are moving or not... Especially in the rain! It is absolutely horrible on gas. My gas cap seems to be an ongoing issue as the car chooses when it thinks the gas cap is working properly and when it isn't... I've been through 2 or 3 gas caps so far. I've gotten water stuck in the door during a rainstorm which drained out over the course of a few days. If you're looking for something that handles nicely and is good in all weather, this is absolutely not the car for you. My car slides all over the place when it's wet or icy out... I dread driving it in the winter. I've had to replace the brakes twice in 6 months because they don't seem to hold up well and this car takes what seems like days to stop. I LOVE the acceleration in the car though! I must conclude by saying the car is 100% plastic and I was recently in a very minor accident (rear ended another vehicle) and the front of my car SMASHED. $4,500 in damage. Cosmetic parts are entirely too expensive for such a horribly made vehicle. The airbags also did not deploy. I could go on and on about why I hate this car but my advice to you is to skip out on it and look for another vehicle!!!

dad always said "don't by a Chyrsler"
By allysam

2007 Chrysler Sebring Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car in 2010 used with under 40K miles (I've had it for 3 years).
Already had to replace the breaks 3 times (also, they give off a TON of break dust) .
Shifter got stuck in park; dealer told me it WASN'T the recall.
Check engine light has come on for several things including O2 sensor and cylinder misfire.
The recirculate door for the AC flaps for 60 sec upon hitting the button.
Just recently encountered "rumbles in idle, drops below 500 RPM" problem; required wiring to the O2 sensor to be replaced.
Trunk latch is faulty and will sometimes pop open when going over railroad tracks or speed bumps. Sometimes radio panel doesn't come on; have to hit it. Don't buy it.
Don't.

It's pretty and stylish looking. I love that the starter is one-touch (you don't have to hold the key while the car cranks). I love that the blinker has an option where you can tap it and it blinks 3 times, just long enough to switch lanes.

Um...make it work better, obviously!

Great Value
By dimealik

2007 Chrysler Sebring Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I am seeing a lot of negative reviews and it all sounds pretty bad.
I bought my 2007 Sebring with 48k miles and it has been great.
I drove to Atlanta from Michigan and back with no problems.
The engine stalls when it rains every now and then but Chrysler is going to fix that for free.
If you're going to buy this car I would make sure the dealer has taken care of said recalls and that the engine is in good shape, from there just maintain it well and it will be a great value!

The interior is very classy for the price and the gas mileage is wonderful; I can drive all over town and only use an eighth of a tank.

I suggest they change the transmission from a 4 speed to a 5 speed for the gas mileage and maybe spend a little more time making sure their engines last.

What Now?
By Tone

2007 Chrysler Sebring Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Have a few issues with this model. There is water in the driver's side door and the rear passenger door. Brakes are difficult to find, special order. Shift lock broken. Floor has worn under the pedals quicker than any other car i have even owed.

Multi Cd player and MP3 hook up

Camry replacement
By Lizard

2007 Chrysler Sebring Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Equal year/option Camry is $5-6k more! & NOT worth it. Our Camry '02 was very good, BUT VERY expensive to repair, tired systems. We needed a good value (kid in college expenses!), 4 door, & found a mint, Chrysler off-lease, loaded Sebring Touring. 73,000 km. Power train warranty to Mar 2012! So far, 34 imperial mpg on highway (better than our V6 Camry). Cruises effortlessly. Nice firmer ride, but not harsh. Camry was mushy.

2.7 V6 = good economy & power. Heated seats will be a treat this winter. Sunroof was nice this summer. Dealer was great. 2nd purchase there; both off-lease vehicles. Well laid out interior. Doors "thud",thanks Daimler. VALUE for the buck.

Upgrade cheap interior finishes/quality. Lock-up torque converter/transmission jerky at certain, low speeds. Trunk could be bigger. Return compass & thermometer to center of cabin, so passengers can see (previous Chryslers had). Better coatings on alloy wheels, like my Dakota. Salt stains are bad.