2007 Chrysler Sebring Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

2007 Sebring Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

Sort Reviews by

Excellent car for the price
By paradise55

2007 Chrysler Sebring Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

2007 Sebring, with 150K, $3500. For the price you would get top brand 2000 year car with 2 air bags! some issues: Air bag light on- replaced clock spring. "Throttle position sensor slow response" trouble code - engine oil below check rod added 1.5 quart to see in the check rod - thick and dirty. ($19 oil change 2 month, 1K mile)- code reappeared after 2 days - Changed the oil in the dealer- trouble code went away. No start and no power in trouble code reader- replaced fuse no 27 with fuse no 3. Engine started but NO GEAR SHIFT. Put another fuse in no 3. Now it has 160K running good and strong. Gear shift is also smooth. No other major repairs for 7yrs and 160K.

Favorite Features

Comfortable drive and handling. Durable cloth interior. Good sound system (Boston Acoustics) sounds way better than BOSE in my 2007 Saab.

It's all about the drive...
By cadillacjack1

2007 Chrysler Sebring Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've owned my Sebring for about a month now. The ride quality of this car is among the best I have experienced. Where the rubber meets the road-where handiling meets performance, this vehical is solidly built. fun to drive Economical to own. I removed my factory plastic hub caps and opted for a set of stainless steel snap on covers. Painted my grill black- tinted the windows,and removed a section from the air inlet and have increased my horsepower;suprisingly, and it only took about a minute. The Sebring is a bit of a plane Jane as looks go..but with a bit of flash-she stands out nice in any crowd. As I understand from reading many reviews. a good car to own.

Favorite Features

The way it goes down the road-The stance of the Sebring from certain angles. The comfortability of the ride.

Suggested Improvements

The styling could have been tweaked a little. Even the 200 although popular is taken from this platform...it's all in the lines,but understandably it's about aerodynamics as well.

Make sure you check Chrysler recalls before paying for repair
By gigigilari

2007 Chrysler Sebring Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I got my Chrysler in June'2010 with 68k....not even 2 weeks and it needed new alternator...later on during the summer i had to take my daughter to the hospital and on the way out it didnt want to shift from Park. Now its shaking when slowing down and its doing horrible on gas. I did tune up, regular oil changes, changed brakes and rotors and still shaking. I see a lot of people are having the shift from Park problem!!!! DO NOT pay for fixing it- go to chrysler dealership and they will fix it for free- thats a recall, also this same model has a recall for the stalling.....so if you have a problem check first because it could be a recall so u wonat have to pay or worry about expired warranty!!

Sebring
By carguy

2007 Chrysler Sebring Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I find the car very satisfactory. No quality problems. Attractive design. Looks better that many of the cars out there. Great economy. Only negative, noisy engine at low speeds..maybe need more insulation.

This Car is CRAP!
By Vania

2007 Chrysler Sebring Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car and I have never had so many problems let alone recalls on any of my cars like I have with this one. The value of this car is very low after purchase and the Fuel Mileage is Horrid I drive a lot and commute with my family. I have had this car 2years and had 4 recalls and enough problems NOT covered by the Warranty or Extended Warranty to have placed a large down payment on another car! Not to mention it's body it like plastic!! If you don't get the only changed Immediately the gas mileage is Crap. I would NEVER buy this car or a Chrysler made EVER AGAIN! The customer service is great by phone and fair at the dealer that is the only good part!

Favorite Features

Sat. Radio and the color of interior and exterior

Suggested Improvements

REMAKE the Entire car it is CRAP! Engine compartment falling apart, cracking, defaulting, you name it after about 1 year the car is crap!

happy BUT.....
By Sara

2007 Chrysler Sebring Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car used from Car Maxx and it started out pretty good. Had to replace the brakes, etc. and then the gear shift mechanism just snapped leaving me stranded. Now I seem to have a wiring issue so I have no power outlets and they can't find the problem. Now I have to replace the pulleys for the serpentine belt. I really like the car, it's fun, great looking, great air, good stereo system and is comfortable to drive anywhere. Just unusual things go wrong and I didn't purchase an extended warranty due to financial issues at the time. Next time I will and I would buy this car again. My mom owns a 2008 Sebring.

Favorite Features

looks, handling, accelerates great for a 4 cyclinder, good gas mileage and I feel safe in it after coming out a HEMI quad cab.

Suggested Improvements

Brakes really need help

Chrysler Hurts
By IDK

2007 Chrysler Sebring Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my car new replaced brakes twice rotors once. I agree with the person that said maybe the brakes are not strong enough for this car. I now seem to have an electrical problem. Airbag light comes on when it wants, windows work when they want car just lost power on an exit ramp. From what I seen on this site dealerships can not figure it out. I Bought this car new so I would not have to deal with a care breaking down, because I thought it would be better to make payments on a new car instead of constantly repair an old one. My bad (I was wrong).

Favorite Features

Shape and tires wear evenly.

Suggested Improvements

Correct blind spots, Chrysler to help customers especially when multiple customers has the same problem. It seems like they would look into cars stopping in the middle of the road. It is a little dangerous.

American Yugo
By ADevine

2007 Chrysler Sebring Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car I call the American version of the Yugo. In the six months my wife has had this car, the serpentine belt has been replaced three times, the air conditioner compressor has been replaced twice, the gear shift stuck in park when she parked on a slight incline, the front bumper has separated from the panels above because it is attached with flimsy bolts. The panel under the motor is missing, probably fell off on the highway somewhere. The interior is cheap plastic, noisy when it idles. Chrysler has been bailed out twice by the American taxpayer. Why? They can't sell junk cars.

Favorite Features

The air conditioner runs well in hot weather - when it works.

Suggested Improvements

Go out of business. Or learn how to build quality vehicles like the Ford 150 or Toyota.

2007 Crysler Sebring
By Jonathon Denham

2007 Chrysler Sebring Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My Crysler Sebring (2.4 liter) has been really good to me! I went to the dealership to purchase a Dodge Charger and ended up driving home a Sebring! I do admit I was very surprised with the new body style, since I always heted the older Sebring's. The only thing I have needed for this car has been the maintance! I did have the rotors turned at about 25000 miles, but besides that, this "AMERICAN" car has been great! I must say I do miss my 2001 Camaro but this car has proven to be alot less of a headache... I would recomamend this car to freind!

Favorite Features

Body style, ride comfort, gas milage.

Suggested Improvements

Brakes.

2007 Sebring
By Chris

2007 Chrysler Sebring Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle used a year ago and since then had nothing but nightmares. After a month of having it the shifter was stuck in park and had to be towed to dealership. They had the car for a week because the part was not in stock. The engine sounds very whiny and the brakes make alot of grinding sounds. Now with 40k on it the alternator went out on me. I have been calling around and told it would take 3-7 days to get it in and the cost is almost $400. When I called the dealership and asked why this car is having so many problems they said I have never heard of them having any issues. I would never buy a chrysler again.

Favorite Features

Exterior look

Suggested Improvements

Everything else