Used 2007 Chrysler Sebring Base Sedan Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chrysler Sebring Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

would never buy a Chrysler product again!
By william

2007 Chrysler Sebring Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My car (2007 base model Sebring 2.4l) was the worst purchase ever!
I bought my 2007 used in 2011 with 94k. First appearance was great! Very specious, decently large trunk, excellent sound quality from the speakers, sharp interior and exterior, minimal road noise. Everything cosmetically was great for a compact car. The first two years I owned the car I did regular maintenance which include a new starter, new tires, breaks, alignment, new belts, air filter, oil changed with synthetic oil every 3000 miles. After the second year everything went down hill.
First was the car would shake when I traveled on the freeway and lightly tap the break. It was so dangerous I had to pull over immediately! I was told first by a mechanic that I need new breaks and rotors. I purchased new breaks and rotors which cost me around $300! That wasn't the problem it ended up needing new break calipers which are 150 a piece i needed two.After that I had a coolant leak I needed new clamps for the hose. That was a $40 repair. The fluids had to be constantly observed especially the coolant. this car had a coolant problem the entire time I owned the car.the breaks needed to be replaced every couple of months! Then the engine failed during winter which cracked the block which lead to me purchasing a used engine with 66k total installation cost 2000. Chrysler dealership wanted to charge me 2000 just for a used engine so that forced me to go else where. The engine failing also lead to the heater coil failing which lead to no heat! With was a 1000 dollar fix OUTSIDE the dealership. The a/c control would not stay on high. The interior no matter how many times I got it detailed would never stay clean the stains just soaked in the fabric. After that my car kept making a loud popping noise when I turned the wheel, then I took it back to the mechanic and it was the complete hub assembly which cost me over $300 dollars. Then the back door stopped working from the outside . The antenna flew off. The headliner fell down. Then I thought I could at least get another year out of the car. After 20,000 miles from when I changed the engine, the car over heated blew the radiator hose. Then I had to get it towed to the mechanic where he replaced the hose the part was 55.00 not including labor, he checked the head gasket, compression test, checked for air in the line, replaced both thermostats in the car that cost me over 300 dollars. And it still didn't stop over heating. It would over heat at idle and go back down when I drove it. Also at this point the car had 164k and the linkage kept sticking and transmission was slipping. Plus I had to replace at least 5 sensors on the car Finally the mechanic told me he recommends selling the car which I did. I hardly got any money for the car I practically gave it away since the car depreciated so much.
Just a reminder I did a full carfax report the previous owners also maintained it ever 3000 miles and the car has never been in an accident.
Chrysler should be ashamed for putting a car with this many problems on the market

Excellent car for the price
By paradise55

2007 Chrysler Sebring Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

2007 Sebring, with 150K, $3500. For the price you would get top brand 2000 year car with 2 air bags!
some issues:
Air bag light on- replaced clock spring.
"Throttle position sensor slow response" trouble code - engine oil below check rod added 1.5 quart to see in the check rod - thick and dirty. ($19 oil change 2 month, 1K mile)- code reappeared after 2 days - Changed the oil in the dealer- trouble code went away.
No start and no power in trouble code reader- replaced fuse no 27 with fuse no 3. Engine started but NO GEAR SHIFT. Put another fuse in no 3.
Now it has 160K running good and strong. Gear shift is also smooth.
No other major repairs for 7yrs and 160K.

Comfortable drive and handling. Durable cloth interior. Good sound system (Boston Acoustics) sounds way better than BOSE in my 2007 Saab.

It's all about the drive...
By cadillacjack1

2007 Chrysler Sebring Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've owned my Sebring for about a month now.
The ride quality of this car is among the best I have experienced. Where the rubber meets the road-where handiling meets performance, this vehical is solidly built. fun to drive Economical to own.
I removed my factory plastic hub caps and opted for a set of stainless steel snap on covers.
Painted my grill black- tinted the windows,and removed a section from the air inlet and have increased my horsepower;suprisingly, and it only took about a minute.

The Sebring is a bit of a plane Jane as looks go..but with a bit of flash-she stands out nice in any crowd.
As I understand from reading many reviews.
a good car to own.

The way it goes down the road-The stance of the Sebring from certain angles. The comfortability of the ride.

The styling could have been tweaked a little. Even the 200 although popular is taken from this platform...it's all in the lines,but understandably it's about aerodynamics as well.

Make sure you check Chrysler recalls before paying for repair
By gigigilari

2007 Chrysler Sebring Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I got my Chrysler in June'2010 with 68k....not even 2 weeks and it needed new alternator...later on during the summer i had to take my daughter to the hospital and on the way out it didnt want to shift from Park. Now its shaking when slowing down and its doing horrible on gas. I did tune up, regular oil changes, changed brakes and rotors and still shaking.
I see a lot of people are having the shift from Park problem!!!! DO NOT pay for fixing it- go to chrysler dealership and they will fix it for free- thats a recall, also this same model has a recall for the stalling.....so if you have a problem check first because it could be a recall so u wonat have to pay or worry about expired warranty!!

Sebring
By carguy

2007 Chrysler Sebring Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I find the car very satisfactory. No quality problems. Attractive design. Looks better that many of the cars out there. Great economy. Only negative, noisy engine at low speeds..maybe need more insulation.