Used 2007 Chrysler Sebring Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chrysler Sebring Sedan

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

Excellent car for the price
By paradise55

2007 Chrysler Sebring Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

2007 Sebring, with 150K, $3500. For the price you would get top brand 2000 year car with 2 air bags! some issues: Air bag light on- replaced clock spring. "Throttle position sensor slow response" trouble code - engine oil below check rod added 1.5 quart to see in the check rod - thick and dirty. ($19 oil change 2 month, 1K mile)- code reappeared after 2 days - Changed the oil in the dealer- trouble code went away. No start and no power in trouble code reader- replaced fuse no 27 with fuse no 3. Engine started but NO GEAR SHIFT. Put another fuse in no 3. Now it has 160K running good and strong. Gear shift is also smooth. No other major repairs for 7yrs and 160K.

Favorite Features

Comfortable drive and handling. Durable cloth interior. Good sound system (Boston Acoustics) sounds way better than BOSE in my 2007 Saab.

It's all about the drive...
By cadillacjack1

2007 Chrysler Sebring Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've owned my Sebring for about a month now. The ride quality of this car is among the best I have experienced. Where the rubber meets the road-where handiling meets performance, this vehical is solidly built. fun to drive Economical to own. I removed my factory plastic hub caps and opted for a set of stainless steel snap on covers. Painted my grill black- tinted the windows,and removed a section from the air inlet and have increased my horsepower;suprisingly, and it only took about a minute. The Sebring is a bit of a plane Jane as looks go..but with a bit of flash-she stands out nice in any crowd. As I understand from reading many reviews. a good car to own.

Favorite Features

The way it goes down the road-The stance of the Sebring from certain angles. The comfortability of the ride.

Suggested Improvements

The styling could have been tweaked a little. Even the 200 although popular is taken from this platform...it's all in the lines,but understandably it's about aerodynamics as well.

dad always said "don't by a Chyrsler"
By allysam

2007 Chrysler Sebring Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car in 2010 used with under 40K miles (I've had it for 3 years). Already had to replace the breaks 3 times (also, they give off a TON of break dust) . Shifter got stuck in park; dealer told me it WASN'T the recall. Check engine light has come on for several things including O2 sensor and cylinder misfire. The recirculate door for the AC flaps for 60 sec upon hitting the button. Just recently encountered "rumbles in idle, drops below 500 RPM" problem; required wiring to the O2 sensor to be replaced. Trunk latch is faulty and will sometimes pop open when going over railroad tracks or speed bumps. Sometimes radio panel doesn't come on; have to hit it. Don't buy it. Don't.

Favorite Features

It's pretty and stylish looking. I love that the starter is one-touch (you don't have to hold the key while the car cranks). I love that the blinker has an option where you can tap it and it blinks 3 times, just long enough to switch lanes.

Suggested Improvements

Um...make it work better, obviously!

Great Value
By dimealik

2007 Chrysler Sebring Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I am seeing a lot of negative reviews and it all sounds pretty bad. I bought my 2007 Sebring with 48k miles and it has been great. I drove to Atlanta from Michigan and back with no problems. The engine stalls when it rains every now and then but Chrysler is going to fix that for free. If you're going to buy this car I would make sure the dealer has taken care of said recalls and that the engine is in good shape, from there just maintain it well and it will be a great value!

Favorite Features

The interior is very classy for the price and the gas mileage is wonderful; I can drive all over town and only use an eighth of a tank.

Suggested Improvements

I suggest they change the transmission from a 4 speed to a 5 speed for the gas mileage and maybe spend a little more time making sure their engines last.

Make sure you check Chrysler recalls before paying for repair
By gigigilari

2007 Chrysler Sebring Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I got my Chrysler in June'2010 with 68k....not even 2 weeks and it needed new alternator...later on during the summer i had to take my daughter to the hospital and on the way out it didnt want to shift from Park. Now its shaking when slowing down and its doing horrible on gas. I did tune up, regular oil changes, changed brakes and rotors and still shaking. I see a lot of people are having the shift from Park problem!!!! DO NOT pay for fixing it- go to chrysler dealership and they will fix it for free- thats a recall, also this same model has a recall for the stalling.....so if you have a problem check first because it could be a recall so u wonat have to pay or worry about expired warranty!!