Used 2007 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews - 80 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chrysler Sebring

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

Save Yourself The Trouble!
By Brianna

2007 Chrysler Sebring Touring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have the 2.7L V6 engine. Let me start by saying i haven't had many problems but the problems I do have are ridiculous. As previously mentioned by others, the car randomly stalls out on you whether you are moving or not... Especially in the rain! It is absolutely horrible on gas. My gas cap seems to be an ongoing issue as the car chooses when it thinks the gas cap is working properly and when it isn't... I've been through 2 or 3 gas caps so far. I've gotten water stuck in the door during a rainstorm which drained out over the course of a few days. If you're looking for something that handles nicely and is good in all weather, this is absolutely not the car for you. My car slides all over the place when it's wet or icy out... I dread driving it in the winter. I've had to replace the brakes twice in 6 months because they don't seem to hold up well and this car takes what seems like days to stop. I LOVE the acceleration in the car though! I must conclude by saying the car is 100% plastic and I was recently in a very minor accident (rear ended another vehicle) and the front of my car SMASHED. $4,500 in damage. Cosmetic parts are entirely too expensive for such a horribly made vehicle. The airbags also did not deploy. I could go on and on about why I hate this car but my advice to you is to skip out on it and look for another vehicle!!!

Worst car I've ever owned
By Katelyn

2007 Chrysler Sebring Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've only had this car for about a year now, as soon as I got it, it would shut off in the middle of the road. Took it to several places to get fixed, spent thousands of dollars and still not fixed. The gears get stuck in park, sometimes the keys don't want to come out of the ignition, so make sure you have a spare.. And just recently I've discovered that when it rains water gets inside of my doors. Do not waste your money on this car!

would never buy a Chrysler product again!
By william

2007 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My car (2007 base model Sebring 2.4l) was the worst purchase ever!
I bought my 2007 used in 2011 with 94k. First appearance was great! Very specious, decently large trunk, excellent sound quality from the speakers, sharp interior and exterior, minimal road noise. Everything cosmetically was great for a compact car. The first two years I owned the car I did regular maintenance which include a new starter, new tires, breaks, alignment, new belts, air filter, oil changed with synthetic oil every 3000 miles. After the second year everything went down hill.
First was the car would shake when I traveled on the freeway and lightly tap the break. It was so dangerous I had to pull over immediately! I was told first by a mechanic that I need new breaks and rotors. I purchased new breaks and rotors which cost me around $300! That wasn't the problem it ended up needing new break calipers which are 150 a piece i needed two.After that I had a coolant leak I needed new clamps for the hose. That was a $40 repair. The fluids had to be constantly observed especially the coolant. this car had a coolant problem the entire time I owned the car.the breaks needed to be replaced every couple of months! Then the engine failed during winter which cracked the block which lead to me purchasing a used engine with 66k total installation cost 2000. Chrysler dealership wanted to charge me 2000 just for a used engine so that forced me to go else where. The engine failing also lead to the heater coil failing which lead to no heat! With was a 1000 dollar fix OUTSIDE the dealership. The a/c control would not stay on high. The interior no matter how many times I got it detailed would never stay clean the stains just soaked in the fabric. After that my car kept making a loud popping noise when I turned the wheel, then I took it back to the mechanic and it was the complete hub assembly which cost me over $300 dollars. Then the back door stopped working from the outside . The antenna flew off. The headliner fell down. Then I thought I could at least get another year out of the car. After 20,000 miles from when I changed the engine, the car over heated blew the radiator hose. Then I had to get it towed to the mechanic where he replaced the hose the part was 55.00 not including labor, he checked the head gasket, compression test, checked for air in the line, replaced both thermostats in the car that cost me over 300 dollars. And it still didn't stop over heating. It would over heat at idle and go back down when I drove it. Also at this point the car had 164k and the linkage kept sticking and transmission was slipping. Plus I had to replace at least 5 sensors on the car Finally the mechanic told me he recommends selling the car which I did. I hardly got any money for the car I practically gave it away since the car depreciated so much.
Just a reminder I did a full carfax report the previous owners also maintained it ever 3000 miles and the car has never been in an accident.
Chrysler should be ashamed for putting a car with this many problems on the market

Excellent car for the price
By paradise55

2007 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

2007 Sebring, with 150K, $3500. For the price you would get top brand 2000 year car with 2 air bags!
some issues:
Air bag light on- replaced clock spring.
"Throttle position sensor slow response" trouble code - engine oil below check rod added 1.5 quart to see in the check rod - thick and dirty. ($19 oil change 2 month, 1K mile)- code reappeared after 2 days - Changed the oil in the dealer- trouble code went away.
No start and no power in trouble code reader- replaced fuse no 27 with fuse no 3. Engine started but NO GEAR SHIFT. Put another fuse in no 3.
Now it has 160K running good and strong. Gear shift is also smooth.
No other major repairs for 7yrs and 160K.

Comfortable drive and handling. Durable cloth interior. Good sound system (Boston Acoustics) sounds way better than BOSE in my 2007 Saab.

It's all about the drive...
By cadillacjack1

2007 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've owned my Sebring for about a month now.
The ride quality of this car is among the best I have experienced. Where the rubber meets the road-where handiling meets performance, this vehical is solidly built. fun to drive Economical to own.
I removed my factory plastic hub caps and opted for a set of stainless steel snap on covers.
Painted my grill black- tinted the windows,and removed a section from the air inlet and have increased my horsepower;suprisingly, and it only took about a minute.

The Sebring is a bit of a plane Jane as looks go..but with a bit of flash-she stands out nice in any crowd.
As I understand from reading many reviews.
a good car to own.

The way it goes down the road-The stance of the Sebring from certain angles. The comfortability of the ride.

The styling could have been tweaked a little. Even the 200 although popular is taken from this platform...it's all in the lines,but understandably it's about aerodynamics as well.