Used 2006 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

Worst car I ever owned!!
By Roadmanh

2006 Chrysler Sebring Limited 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my first new car in 1968 and since that time I have owned 23 new cars; everything from compact to luxury, foreign and domestic.From a reliability and performance standpoint I will give it a zero and I'm being kind. It is so unreliable my wife, for whom I purchased the car, will no drive it and because it performs so poorly I will not take it on a long trip.

Suggested Improvements

Build an engine with some "get up and go"

Nice at the Price!
By BK

2006 Chrysler Sebring GTC 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

NO...problems in over 20,000 miles and the gas mileage here in flat Delaware is 28 mpg. Find a nicer convertible at the price and I'll buy it!

Favorite Features

Overall comfort, a nice feel but not a sports car. A great value.

Suggested Improvements

Keep it simple and affordable.

Great Mid Size Car
By D.B.

2006 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Just got this sebring, but I already love this car. Gets great mpg as opposed to the Dodge caravan I had. Four cylinders are all noisy so that doesn't bother me, performance is good for a four banger, could use more headroom up front but that's the trade off for it's sleek styling.

Favorite Features

Simple controls on dash no useless clutter

Suggested Improvements

more headroom

Chrysler Sebring 2006 Touring
By Alexandre

2006 Chrysler Sebring Touring 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have a Touring since 2years. I bought them at 31 000km. Now,My car have 107 000km and he's still running perfectly. The only thing I hate from this car is the quality of plastics used for dash & doors. TOO CHEAP ! It's my second car and I love them. The V6 is smooth,the car is very light so 200hp is sufficient for me,for the moment. Fuel efficient is very great on highway but can be better in city. 10km/l (25% city,75% highway). The best fuel economy for all V6 sedan like Mazda6,Camry,Altima,Accord or Sonata.

Favorite Features

Radio system,fuel economy on highway,good reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Plastics are too hard.

Reliable but has problems
By Thirtysomething

2006 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this car from Enterprise Car Rental Company in Plano Texas when is was still considered a new car. It has been reliable, but noisy. Sounds like a helicopter flying over my head constantly. I am hard of hearing and wear a hearing aid. When I am driving this car on the interstate it is hard for me to hear on my cell phone because of the noise. The a/c condenser is creating too much water, it is leaking into the passenger side of my car and it drips onto the serpentine belt and squeals. The fuel econ sucks and very little power. I also own a 2003 Pontiac Grand Am, it is more powerful and gets better gas mileage. Plus, it was a pain to replace driver headlight bulb It went out twice!

Suggested Improvements

Noise reduction, more power, better gas mileage, better a/c equipment, make it easier to change the headlight bulb!