2006 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews 2

2006 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:
Fun Vehicle
By Petey on 06/06/10 13:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Sebring Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned 11 cars before this Sebring Touring Convertible, and I by far enjoy this the most. My last vehicle was a 2000 Sebring JXi, that ran perfectly, but was a tad under- powered. The 2.7 liter engine corrects that issue, and returns better mileage (22-27 mpg for me). The car does nothing perfectly, but also nothing horribly. This is why rental fleets had so many. The car is easy to drive, feels solid, and controls are easy to reach and intuitive. There are abundant standard features, like lighted visor mirrors, ample storage, power everything, roomy trunk, steering wheel controls, suede leather seats, etc. The cabin is tight and quiet closed, and the top and windows drop in 9 seconds flat.

Gorgeous Car
By katie1nel on 03/26/10 02:55 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love my Sebring! I've had her for over 2 years now and have never had any trouble with her. The interior is roomy, I'm 5'10" tall and have no problems hitting my head. It came with Eagle LS tires and I switched to Michelin Destiny. It reduced the road noise dramatically! Truck is nice and big, the back seat is roomy and I like having the option to put the seat down in the back. I get compliments on my car all the time! Glad I got the 2006 model, the 2007 and later model isn't all that attractive to me. Thrilled with it!!

Good Car For The Price
By Patrick on 01/12/10 17:04 PM (PST)

2006 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

All I can say is, "So far, so good!" I purchased my Sebring used with about 69,000 miles on it and I can say that I have had no problems with it. Shifts well, great gas mileage (I have actually calculated it consistently at 32 mpg on the highway), and very sporty styling. The 4 cylinder does feel a little underpowered... I wish I had the six after driving for awhile. I would sacrifice some fuel economy for a little more horsepower. Not a lot of fluff. If you need a large passenger compartment, but want some fuel economy this is a good car to consider. I'm happy with it overall.

Decent Car
By NDB on 12/08/09 16:32 PM (PST)

2006 Chrysler Sebring Touring 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've driven this car for roughly two years and haven't had a single problem with it.

Very nice reliable family car
By C,Faith on 10/11/09 22:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Sebring Touring 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Had my sebring for 2 and a half years now put many many miles on it and it still runs and sounds new! The head room is a issue for tall people,well actually im only 5'7 and i bang my head alot on the roof,so that maybe a good thing to consider. Odomotor lights are green if maybe they made it abit more sporty it would be perfect. The seats in the back are not the greatest but hey thier seats,right? Over all love the car,safe and reliable

Frustrated
By DisappointedTX on 08/22/09 20:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this car for about 3 years and have had nothing but problems. I guess I should have expected it when the gear shift kept locking up on me. Since I have gotten the car I have spent almost 2000 on repairs. First it was the gear shift(under warranty), then some other part I can't remember right after the warranty expired, then the transmission(under warranty) and censors($500), then there was a leak that..turns out it was the gas tank ($900). Very noisy, I also had the brakes replaced but the car still makes alot of noise. Its so frustrating because I cant depend on my car. Looking for a new car...going to trade it in I have had enough.

Fun car to own and drive
By sebr06 on 08/13/09 16:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Sebring Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the 2006 Sebring two years ago when it had 15,000 miles and it was about 1 year old. It has been a very good car and is a lot of fun to drive. The fuel economy is very good, 30 mpg on highway, 25 in city. Good looking car, good sound system, Excellent cruiser car, large truck, good vacation car and weekend car.

Fun Car to Drive
By Wayno on 07/13/09 16:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Sebring Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Great gas mileage on highway and city. Lots of get up and go and holds the road well on curves. The only drawback is the air noise on the highway-the top seals could be tighter! Good sound system and fun to drive. I bought it for my wife, but I liked it so much, that I drive it most of the time commuting to and from work. Only serviced at regular intervals and no performance or service problems. I am looking for a newer one. It's one of the BEST convertibles that I have owned.

Just got it
By Teacher on 06/20/09 16:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have always owned a manuel trans. This car is only a 4 cylinder and to me - it is awesome. The price is low- but look I have always had a car that was OLD. So to me this is awesome- Ask me again in 6 months.

low price......high quality
By cntrvllnyer on 06/14/09 04:50 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Sebring Touring 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

fun to drive....lots of room...great car...with a great price...color scheme and body style are fantastic....