Used 2006 Chrysler Sebring Touring Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chrysler Sebring Convertible

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

Would not recommend this car to anyone!
By matthew_taylor

2006 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car used back in May of 2013 it only had 37k miles. After about the first 1000 miles the alternator went out, the doors started rattling, and the top whistles when driving down the Interstate. The Sebring has Sloppy handling in curves and has horrible braking. The headlights also are not bright at all! however the 2.7 L V6 engine offers great power and decent fuel economy.

Favorite Features

There are not any at this time.

Suggested Improvements

Noisy top and windows at the seals, brakes.

best and funnest car me ever had!
By robsmopar

2006 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

this is such a nice car, its sells for a great price too . my wife and I were afraid at first to buy one because people told us it was a junk car,but we talked to several people who have them and one with 185,000 miles on it with never 1 single problem,now there our friends and we do trips together too, this is not a perfect car and diff.people have diff. likes ,but for us we would deffinetly buy this car again,we love it its got style,

Favorite Features

lots of room for 4,handles well,good MPGs simple interior, great sound system,and good brakes very comeffy seats

Suggested Improvements

heavyer door handles they feel like they might break off ( never have ) and maybe a little stiffer body (flexes on bad roads) engine could use a bit more torque for mountain driving

Fun Vehicle
By Petey

2006 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned 11 cars before this Sebring Touring Convertible, and I by far enjoy this the most. My last vehicle was a 2000 Sebring JXi, that ran perfectly, but was a tad under- powered. The 2.7 liter engine corrects that issue, and returns better mileage (22-27 mpg for me). The car does nothing perfectly, but also nothing horribly. This is why rental fleets had so many. The car is easy to drive, feels solid, and controls are easy to reach and intuitive. There are abundant standard features, like lighted visor mirrors, ample storage, power everything, roomy trunk, steering wheel controls, suede leather seats, etc. The cabin is tight and quiet closed, and the top and windows drop in 9 seconds flat.

Favorite Features

Suede seats breathe and smell great. Lined top is quiet and tight w/heated glass rear window, plenty of room for 4 passengers. (4 cup holders!) Full sized spare, and normal tires that don't cost an arm and leg to replace. Radio controls BEHIND the wheel where fingers intuitively press.

Suggested Improvements

Better quality control, sloppy body seams, and some hardware misfits as well as windshield optically distorted.

Fun car to own and drive
By sebr06

2006 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the 2006 Sebring two years ago when it had 15,000 miles and it was about 1 year old. It has been a very good car and is a lot of fun to drive. The fuel economy is very good, 30 mpg on highway, 25 in city. Good looking car, good sound system, Excellent cruiser car, large truck, good vacation car and weekend car.

Favorite Features

With the top down its as much fun as any high price convertible.

Suggested Improvements

The 2.7 engine is good but it would be nice to have a 3.0 or 3.5 which would make it faster but then again it the GPM would not be as good.

Fun Car to Drive
By Wayno

2006 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Great gas mileage on highway and city. Lots of get up and go and holds the road well on curves. The only drawback is the air noise on the highway-the top seals could be tighter! Good sound system and fun to drive. I bought it for my wife, but I liked it so much, that I drive it most of the time commuting to and from work. Only serviced at regular intervals and no performance or service problems. I am looking for a newer one. It's one of the BEST convertibles that I have owned.

Favorite Features

Very comfortable on long commutes. The V-6 is very fast off the line from a dead stop.

Suggested Improvements

Decrease road noise around convertible top seals and windows.