2006 Chrysler Sebring Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:
Would not recommend this car to anyone!
By matthew_taylor on 11/12/13 17:44 PM (PST)

2006 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car used back in May of 2013 it only had 37k miles. After about the first 1000 miles the alternator went out, the doors started rattling, and the top whistles when driving down the Interstate. The Sebring has Sloppy handling in curves and has horrible braking. The headlights also are not bright at all! however the 2.7 L V6 engine offers great power and decent fuel economy.

best and funnest car me ever had!
By robsmopar on 07/07/11 07:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

this is such a nice car, its sells for a great price too . my wife and I were afraid at first to buy one because people told us it was a junk car,but we talked to several people who have them and one with 185,000 miles on it with never 1 single problem,now there our friends and we do trips together too, this is not a perfect car and diff.people have diff. likes ,but for us we would deffinetly buy this car again,we love it its got style,

Fun Vehicle
By Petey on 06/06/10 13:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned 11 cars before this Sebring Touring Convertible, and I by far enjoy this the most. My last vehicle was a 2000 Sebring JXi, that ran perfectly, but was a tad under- powered. The 2.7 liter engine corrects that issue, and returns better mileage (22-27 mpg for me). The car does nothing perfectly, but also nothing horribly. This is why rental fleets had so many. The car is easy to drive, feels solid, and controls are easy to reach and intuitive. There are abundant standard features, like lighted visor mirrors, ample storage, power everything, roomy trunk, steering wheel controls, suede leather seats, etc. The cabin is tight and quiet closed, and the top and windows drop in 9 seconds flat.

Fun car to own and drive
By sebr06 on 08/13/09 16:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the 2006 Sebring two years ago when it had 15,000 miles and it was about 1 year old. It has been a very good car and is a lot of fun to drive. The fuel economy is very good, 30 mpg on highway, 25 in city. Good looking car, good sound system, Excellent cruiser car, large truck, good vacation car and weekend car.

Fun Car to Drive
By Wayno on 07/13/09 16:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Great gas mileage on highway and city. Lots of get up and go and holds the road well on curves. The only drawback is the air noise on the highway-the top seals could be tighter! Good sound system and fun to drive. I bought it for my wife, but I liked it so much, that I drive it most of the time commuting to and from work. Only serviced at regular intervals and no performance or service problems. I am looking for a newer one. It's one of the BEST convertibles that I have owned.

Sebring Convertible
By Vince on 11/07/07 20:00 PM (PST)

2006 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've only owned the vehicle for a few months (it was a present for my wife) but I've enjoyed the simplicity of the dashboard and the leg room in the front. I can't wait until the spring to put down the top on a regular basis. The cost versus other comp. cars is what impressed me along with the style of the car. It's sleek and not boxy. More like on the jaguar line.

Not for city living
By Matt on 07/15/07 19:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our '06 Sebring convertible in Naples, Florida. Put about 25,000 miles on it while living in Florida. No mechanical problems to speak of. Moved to Atlanta, Georgia for work. pothole central. In less than 4 months, the convertible went from a smooth driving vehicle to the noisest car I've ever owned. It's the windows/roof/doors that rattle. The rattles are constant. I think it's a combination of 2 things: In Florida I kept the top down all of the time. Lousy city streets. Great car, but if rattles bother you, this is not the car for you. We are trading for a new sedan, as we can't take the noise. Poor build quality. No mechanical problems to speak of, though. noisy.

My second car a beauty
By Adam on 02/15/07 07:01 AM (PST)

2006 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the car with 10,600 miles and it drove as if it were brand new, good suspension that you don't feel every bump like most convertibles. The base speakers can get quite loud.

I'm thrilled. Wife is ecstatic.
By TalkingToilet on 10/25/06 11:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is our first convertible. After reviewing all available in our price range, this one by far seemed the best choice -- simply because it's easily the classiest-looking of all its peers. We've had old Fords and newer Mercedes...my wife has never cared which we drove. To her, a car's a car. The Sebring Touring Convertible, however, has her coming to my office EVERY DAY to steal it from me or to wait until I get off so we can just drive. She hates driving in traffic...except with this car (when the top's down). I'm thrilled. Wife is ecstatic. NOTE: Get the V6. Don't you dare skimp on this. It's not very powerful, really, so don't go for anything less.

Best Convertible I have ever owned
By Byrl Alexander on 08/28/06 02:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This car handles like a dream on the road, rides real smooth and when riding in the back seat it is a real smooth ride. I couldn't ask for anything more. This car hugs the road, the top seals real good, very little wind noise with the top up. For the money this is the best car on the road today. Fuel getting around 28-30 miles to the gallon on the highway, not as good in the city but still better than most cars today.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.