Used 2006 Chrysler Sebring Base Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chrysler Sebring

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

Best car I have owned...love my Chrysler
By Michele Hurchla

2006 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned nice cars but this car is the top.I have owned my car for about 4 years. I love my 2006 sebring touring. Fantastic car, i love the size not too big or too small. Runs like a charm with normal relacement of parts. Its actually really good in the winter. Safety has airbags all around car. I live in the country and drive mostly highway 22-25 miles per gallon.
Can't really find any negative. I just hit 170,000 miles and this baby is like the energizer bunny. I'm not kidding. My daughter keeps saying mom why dont you get a new car. I said because I dont need one. I love my car. She sees all the fancy cars out there. What the difference is they have 400.00 car pymts and i dont. I havent had a car payment in over ten years. So I have to laugh when I was younger always thought I needed new car at 70,000 but my Chrysler has proved me wrong.

great lil car
By cherrymarie

2006 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I got my Sebring just a few weeks ago, and have loaded on the miles....GREAT MPG...average 30 plus on consistent basis.
Handles really well, easy to drive, fun to be in...get so many compliments on the look and color.
I keep her clean, and when the standard rims are clean, they get so many compliments...stock but ever so sexy.
Been easy on the wallet so far, even with 115k on it when I got it...keep up the maintenance, should be a great ride for a while!!!

Sporty, fun, sexy looking car.

Has a lil road noise, but nothing major.

Gorgeous Car
By katie1nel

2006 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love my Sebring! I've had her for over 2 years now and have never had any trouble with her. The interior is roomy, I'm 5'10" tall and have no problems hitting my head. It came with Eagle LS tires and I switched to Michelin Destiny. It reduced the road noise dramatically! Truck is nice and big, the back seat is roomy and I like having the option to put the seat down in the back. I get compliments on my car all the time! Glad I got the 2006 model, the 2007 and later model isn't all that attractive to me. Thrilled with it!!

Exterior, driving stability, gas mileage.

The only thing I would change is the cup holder location in front.

Good Car For The Price
By Patrick

2006 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

All I can say is, "So far, so good!" I purchased my Sebring used with about 69,000 miles on it and I can say that I have had no problems with it. Shifts well, great gas mileage (I have actually calculated it consistently at 32 mpg on the highway), and very sporty styling. The 4 cylinder does feel a little underpowered... I wish I had the six after driving for awhile. I would sacrifice some fuel economy for a little more horsepower. Not a lot of fluff. If you need a large passenger compartment, but want some fuel economy this is a good car to consider. I'm happy with it overall.

I like the fact that the passenger area is LARGE! Comfortably fit 4 adults in the car. Nice wide doors for easy access. Clean, uncluttered dash with simple controls. Excellent sound system! Large trunk, and the rear seats fold for extra length.

Gas tank is a little too small. Even though I get good mileage, I'm always at the pump. Back seats are uncomfortable and not conducive to long trips. Front cup holders are very awkward (under the dash), and small, also they don't accommodate regular coffee cups like my minivan... a nice feature.

Frustrated
By DisappointedTX

2006 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this car for about 3 years and have had nothing but problems. I guess I should have expected it when the gear shift kept locking up on me. Since I have gotten the car I have spent almost 2000 on repairs. First it was the gear shift(under warranty), then some other part I can't remember right after the warranty expired, then the transmission(under warranty) and censors($500), then there was a leak that..turns out it was the gas tank ($900). Very noisy, I also had the brakes replaced but the car still makes alot of noise. Its so frustrating because I cant depend on my car. Looking for a new car...going to trade it in I have had enough.

None

Longer warranty, more quality parts in your car. Make a car that doesn't fall apart soon after the warranty expires.