2006 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:
great lil car
By cherrymarie on 07/31/13 19:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I got my Sebring just a few weeks ago, and have loaded on the miles....GREAT MPG...average 30 plus on consistent basis. Handles really well, easy to drive, fun to be in...get so many compliments on the look and color. I keep her clean, and when the standard rims are clean, they get so many compliments...stock but ever so sexy. Been easy on the wallet so far, even with 115k on it when I got it...keep up the maintenance, should be a great ride for a while!!!

Gorgeous Car
By katie1nel on 03/26/10 02:55 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love my Sebring! I've had her for over 2 years now and have never had any trouble with her. The interior is roomy, I'm 5'10" tall and have no problems hitting my head. It came with Eagle LS tires and I switched to Michelin Destiny. It reduced the road noise dramatically! Truck is nice and big, the back seat is roomy and I like having the option to put the seat down in the back. I get compliments on my car all the time! Glad I got the 2006 model, the 2007 and later model isn't all that attractive to me. Thrilled with it!!

Good Car For The Price
By Patrick on 01/12/10 17:04 PM (PST)

2006 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

All I can say is, "So far, so good!" I purchased my Sebring used with about 69,000 miles on it and I can say that I have had no problems with it. Shifts well, great gas mileage (I have actually calculated it consistently at 32 mpg on the highway), and very sporty styling. The 4 cylinder does feel a little underpowered... I wish I had the six after driving for awhile. I would sacrifice some fuel economy for a little more horsepower. Not a lot of fluff. If you need a large passenger compartment, but want some fuel economy this is a good car to consider. I'm happy with it overall.

Frustrated
By DisappointedTX on 08/22/09 20:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this car for about 3 years and have had nothing but problems. I guess I should have expected it when the gear shift kept locking up on me. Since I have gotten the car I have spent almost 2000 on repairs. First it was the gear shift(under warranty), then some other part I can't remember right after the warranty expired, then the transmission(under warranty) and censors($500), then there was a leak that..turns out it was the gas tank ($900). Very noisy, I also had the brakes replaced but the car still makes alot of noise. Its so frustrating because I cant depend on my car. Looking for a new car...going to trade it in I have had enough.

Just got it
By Teacher on 06/20/09 16:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have always owned a manuel trans. This car is only a 4 cylinder and to me - it is awesome. The price is low- but look I have always had a car that was OLD. So to me this is awesome- Ask me again in 6 months.

Great Mid Size Car
By D.B. on 03/26/09 07:46 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Just got this sebring, but I already love this car. Gets great mpg as opposed to the Dodge caravan I had. Four cylinders are all noisy so that doesn't bother me, performance is good for a four banger, could use more headroom up front but that's the trade off for it's sleek styling.

Reliable but has problems
By Thirtysomething on 09/24/08 07:11 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this car from Enterprise Car Rental Company in Plano Texas when is was still considered a new car. It has been reliable, but noisy. Sounds like a helicopter flying over my head constantly. I am hard of hearing and wear a hearing aid. When I am driving this car on the interstate it is hard for me to hear on my cell phone because of the noise. The a/c condenser is creating too much water, it is leaking into the passenger side of my car and it drips onto the serpentine belt and squeals. The fuel econ sucks and very little power. I also own a 2003 Pontiac Grand Am, it is more powerful and gets better gas mileage. Plus, it was a pain to replace driver headlight bulb It went out twice!

Last Chrysler I buy
By Joe on 10/29/07 20:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Nice looking car, inside and out, comfortable. 2.4L engine lacks power and the fuel mileage not so great for a 4 cylinder. The engine is not built very well. It is noisy, lots of lifter and valve noises. Sounds like it is going to come apart. Trips to the dealer have proved useless I was told that they all sound like that. My next car is going to be a Toyota or a Honda. I would not recommend Chrysler vehicles to my friends

Love Sebring
By barb48fan on 09/23/07 03:18 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My daughter actually talked me into buying the Sebring. I absolutely love this car. I have the 4 cyl, but she still has pep to her. Easy and fun to drive. Would definitely recommend this car to anyone looking for a good value in an automobile.

2006 Sebring Sedan
By JDP on 03/08/07 11:10 AM (PST)

2006 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Very pleased the the vehicle and the dealership. They traded the radio to what I wanted. Lots of good nooks for all my "stuff". Center console storage is bigger than my 95 Mazda 626. Good sized trunk with place for full sized spare. A/C is nice and cold. Remote trunk release is nice too. All around - I'm pleased. I like the lines on this car. Hopefully it will hold up like my 626 which I had for nearly 12 years.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.