2005 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Review: Great car for awhile

2005 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Great car for awhile
By Brandy on

2005 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my Sebring used in 2007. Only problems until now were with rotors needing turning often and the rear spoiler coming off. Recently the front crank seal blew out causing a severe oil leak. Had it fixed and it happened again within minutes. Discovered that there is a problem with this motor having crank shaft end play which causes the front crank seal to come out. There is a bulletin on this problem, but no recall. Currently awaiting Chrysler's response to see if they will take any responsibility since this is obviously a manufacturer defect since it has happened to so many of the 2005 motors.

Favorite Features

Nice exterior and comfortable interior.

Suggested Improvements

Issue recall if there is a known defect with the motor!
By vadertime
on 01/27/11 12:20 PM (PST)

I bought my 2005 Sedan in December 2010 from a used car dealer. It had high mileage on it, 143K, but the car itself was in great shape. Needless to say, the engine light was on and it wasn't performing well during acceleration. After the dealership charged me 1200.00+ for much-needed maintenance and fixing a skipped tooth on the timing belt, it is running great. I am getting a consistent 25mpg combined city and hwy fuel economy. After owning 8 trucks in the past 27 years, it's nice to have a car as a primary vehicle. Still got my 2002 BMW bike as a backup or alternate for those nice Florida days:)