2005 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:
Excellent Car
By Steve on 12/30/04 11:16 AM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Sebring Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I was reading the reviews on this car before I bought it, sloppy handling, unrefined drivetrains?? I drove 8 hours straight in this car, usually my back starts to hurt or something, but not in this car, very comfy, also at speeds upwards of 95-100 mph, I couldn't even hear the engine, a very quiet ride. Two things that I do notice are low gas mileage (but thats the same for all gasoline powered engines), and also the 2.7 V-6 is a high-speed engine (churning 200 hp and only 190 torque), but if you don't mind shifting down to get back to the top-end, then it is alright. In closing, I doubted my purchase because the other reviews say the doors are going to fall off, but not anymore!

Problems
By Tom Van Sickle on 12/22/04 11:02 AM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I had 200 miles on car and was out of town when the passenger right window would not go back up. Was on a cold Saturday and could get no help. The 800 number refered me to some window repair places that I was to pay to have car repaired..could not find repair places. The car was taken to the dealership..they got the window up and ordered part..had to wait 3 days. One week after the "repair" the same window is doing the same thing. It is also difficult to get key out of ignition if the shift is not perfectly in place..have to jiggle shift to get key out. I traded in a 2002 Seabring and wish I still had it!!!!!

Sebring
By RBSFINDUM2 on 12/19/04 17:18 PM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I needed to get this for a payoff for a 98 Buick Riviera that was totaled. So far I love it. It is a good all around sedan. The dual overhead cam makes for enough h/p for the basic driving. I think it will have good- enough gas mileage for all the trips I enjoy. Big trunk, roomy seats and cruise control is all I need for a trip car. It will last for at least 100,000 miles. I now have 2146 on it.

Fun for the Family
By RBR on 12/18/04 00:53 AM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Sebring Limited 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

We have 3 small kids and a Honda minivan. I traded in an Accord for the Sebring. I bought the car for my wife and I to enjoy and still have something big enough to meet the demands of a second car for a family of 5. We primarily plan to use the car for "date nights/weekends" and time together, and I use it as a work car. With the rebates and great honda trade-in values we got the car at a ridiculously low price. We rented a Sebring in Hawaii on our honeymoon and 8 years later we feel like we are back on that honeymoon.

A Bargain Mid-size Car
By Oldengineer on 12/05/04 00:38 AM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Sebring Touring 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I recently purchased an '05 Sebring Touring-Signature Edition. For the money, Camry and Accord couldn't even get close on price. Quality, fit, and finish are excellent. Car has the 2.7 V6, giving it decent performance and excellent fuel economy. Ride and handling are very good. The body styling is very eye-catching and looks great in a dark blue mettalic color. The car is very quiet on the interstate and solidy built. The dash styling, while improved on the '05, still doesn't look as modern as Accord or Camry. However, since, with rebates and the special package, the car cost about $8k less than a comparable Japanese car, I couldn't pass it up.

Zero Defects playcar
By Ralph Robinson on 12/04/04 14:58 PM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Sebring Limited 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Have had a Sebring Convertible for 6 months and have had zero defects. It is a terrific looking car, inside and out, and turns heads. I am not looking for a big power car and find the 2.7 liter engine perfectly acceptable for my normal driving.It is basically a fun/play car for me. Handling has been fine; At my age I don't push a car to the limit anymore!

WP Signature series
By Gooderthanamug on 11/06/04 07:26 AM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Sebring Touring 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I was impressed right off the bat with the handling and the comfort behind the wheel. The Signature series leather seats and sunroof make this one inexpensive yet elegant sedan

What a fun car!
By rittdon on 10/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Sebring Limited 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased an 04 Sebring LX mainly because of the rediculous rebates being offered. I ended up falling in love with the car. It has the 5-speed manual transmission, and is decked out in leather, has all the goodies. Power is fantastic and the mileage is surprisingly good, espescially since I have been putting my foot in!

Excellent!!!
By DarlingXO on 10/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Perfect Car for anyone!

I LOVE THIS CAR
By JAREL8466 on 10/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Sebring 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

IVE HAD 1 OF THESE CARS SINCE THE 96' MODELS & I CANT POSSIBLY THINK OF A BETTER DESIGN 4 A CAR.