Used 2005 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

2005 Chrysler Sebring GTC Sun Fun
By Glenn Merideth

2005 Chrysler Sebring GTC 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2005 Sebring GTC by accident, looking for a Chrysler 300, the cute little Pearl Firemist Red GTC grabbed my eye and my heart, and the rest is history. I live out in the boonies in the shadow of the Montana Rockies, and my car has performed flawlessly in temps from 110 to minus 35, always starts instantly, and has never had a mechanical problem of any kind. I have used Mobile One every 5000 miles since new, and it uses no oil at 50000 miles now. Has averaged 28 MPG with 90 % highway miles, and 22 in town, or with the top down on the highway around 20. Great comfort, looks and build quality. I plan on keeping it for the rest of my life. I would buy it all over again.

GTC black/carbon fiber interior. Body style. Performance/handling. Fuel Economy ease of top operation. Build quality. Is holding its value well. Reliability.

Improved seats, better sealing top, window controls for rear seat passengers. nowhere to put your right foot when using cruise control. Improve tilt wheel function, Relocate battery from wheel well, Improve headlights, Offer a turbo version.

The car of style
By Eddie

2005 Chrysler Sebring Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

What sold me was the style inside and outside, rear passenger foot room, headlights/driving lamps, and the cornering is wonderful. The 2.7 liter V6 gets the job done for the size of motor and can keep up with most of the 3.0 series engines in the market today. I get and average of 24 to 27 mpg in city and 26 to 30 on hwy which is pretty good for a V6. If you are looking for a great car to have fun in and turn heads this would be that car and a plus is it is affordable.

The sleek design of the car (not boxy), seats hug your body and fell really comfortable, engine is really quiet at idle (then hit the gas and you get a sports car tone out of the exhaust), 16" stock chrome rims, abs all around disc brakes, a/c, and power everything.

If electric ignition can respond allot quicker when you need to punch the gas to pass a car!

Excellent Car
By Don Pelzel

2005 Chrysler Sebring Touring 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

The car has been a pleasant surprise with the ride and fuel mileage. With 72000 miles with no problems. If I drive 70 miles an hour I have obtained over 33 miles to the gallon. Original tires and brakes. Very happy with this purchase.

Ride,handling and braking are excellent. Exterior design is pleasant. Quiet ride. A/C and heater above expectation.

None that I can think of.

Not a powerhouse but smooth ride
By KC MOM

2005 Chrysler Sebring Limited 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

After 12 years of driving a Firebird convertible I finally faced the fact it would not last forever. With 2 junior high aged kids I was looking for a used car with enough backseat legroom for 2 5 foot tall+ kids and a reasonable price, as we will have 2 teen drivers soon so didn't want to spend a fortune on a new car. Looking at Carfax, a lot of the late model Sebrings were former rentals, but was finally able to find a low miles one owner 05 for 10 grand less than new.

The ride is smooth and the climate controls work well. There is plenty of trunk space, and the top is easy to take up and down. My kids really like that you can see out windows from the back, compared to the cave like backseat of the Firebird, and they have plenty of legroom.

The gear shift has a leather wrap, which serves as a dirt trap especially when the top is down, and cupholder is too low to the ground. I much prefer the all one piece console in the 08. After driving the Firebird, the acceleration and power are considerably less - this is not a sports car.

Good thing baby
By tom

2005 Chrysler Sebring Limited 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I really love this car. I have had it for a year and a half and like it more now than day 1. Car is solid and very quiet for a convertible. I have had nothing at all go wrong in the 37,000 miles of ownership

Love the heated seats, the dash lights, and the navagation system even though I rarely use it

Not crazy about the suede inserts in seats. Find them hard to clean, and wish engine had bit more power