2005 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:
Massive Shaking
By Magnum on 03/13/07 16:12 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Sebring Limited 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this Sebring Convertible limited from the showroom floor after test driving a 2006. After purchasing I was on my way home when I noticed the car had very bad shake at 45 mph and massive cowl shake that did not show up on test drives. Dealer stated this was normal, but that was after they rebalanced and replaced the tires. The car has gotten progressively worse and gets out of balance and alignment on the slightest bumps. I had a 1999 Sebring conv and vibration was very minimal compared to this.

My Last Chrysler
By Oldengineer on 12/01/06 21:47 PM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Sebring Touring 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

After 14 Chryslers, this is my last. The only thing this car does well at is get decent fuel economy. In 2 years of ownership, its been in the shop for warranty work a full 3 months in total. Its myriad problems and poor reliability have convinced me to switch brands. It's a beautiful car, but, seems to have been engineered and built by blindfolded kindergarten kids. Tried to get rid of it, but, this model depreciates like a falling brick.

Chrysler 4 dr sebring std
By Greg Ploof on 11/29/06 17:03 PM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've had problems with this car, engine knock and right hand steering noise, it clicks when you steer to the right. This car had only 26,600 miles when I bought it and I have 35,567 now, this is my first Chrysler product and will be my last! A car with low mileage like this should not knock or make steering noises.

2005 Sebring
By DONNA EGGEBEEN on 11/04/06 20:27 PM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Sebring Limited 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

The Sebring is a very enjoyable mid- priced car. It is a sharp looking car and drives very well. Handles great, I love the "pick-up" it has. I would buy a Sebring again

Rattles, Ticking, ohhh my....
By Donna on 10/27/06 19:11 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Sebring Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This was my second Sebring Convertible. I loved my 1999 so much, my next car had to be the same. BIG MISTAKE! I have had this car in to have the roof worked on over a dozen times. The roof is loud and there is a constant ticking coming from multiple locations. There are multiple "loose parts" in the door that sounds like a hanger banging back and forth and the windows rattle along with a vent on the dash that rattles. I've had the car in the shop more than in my garage. They could simply replace the roof (they've taken it off enough times)but insist on trying to repair it with no improvement. The car looks nice, but it's cheaply built.

COOL CAT
By Kacz on 09/29/06 09:56 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Sebring Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Definitely Fun to Drive. Roomy interior and beautiful exterior. Overall, a great buy for the price tag. To summarize it's a classy car at an affordable price. You actually get a lot for your money. However, I must say that it took me awhile to get used to the transition from driving an SUV to the convertable. The children love driving in the convertible more than the SUV but it's not practical for use on a daily basis. The children sometimes have many items that they carry to and from school, sports & other activities which we use the SUV on those days.

Great Car to impress your friends with
By Frank Smith on 09/01/06 16:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Sebring Touring 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Most of my friends either have a Honda or Toyota, and they are all impressed by the quality and comfort of the car. They also like the fact it is bigger, so we can fit five much more comfortably. One thing I will say is that the V6 is lacking in low-end torque. I drove a 91' Olds before buying this car, and even though it has 40 less horses, it had better acceleration. Chrysler also needs to pay more attention to the tranny, shifts are sometimes rough.

I'm glad its legal
By happyGoGtC on 08/01/06 22:15 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Sebring GTC 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

The car is just really fun to drive. For the price it is the best value. Not to mention the top goes down, what a bonus:) Only one draw back I have to put Gas in it to go anywhere.

Dissappointed
By gwhea38411 on 07/30/06 08:55 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Sebring GTC 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Beautiful car however, the build quality is lacking. The car just feels flimsy. Don't know if its the design or the craftmanship. Braking is horrible and do not feel comfortable having to brake at speed. What the car lacks in quality it makes up for in appearance. If you must have a reliable car that will stand the test of time, this ain't it but if you have some extra money lying around and want a fine looking car to drive it is. I would not recommend to a friend, just look at all the recalls this model has endured.

I love my Sebring!
By krissy on 07/26/06 23:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Sebring Touring 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is the first car I have owned that I totally love. It is great on gas, comfortable and it looks great! When my son turns 16 he is going to take this one and I will probably buy myself another....I love my sebring!