2005 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:
best car ever!!!!!!!!!!!
By favre44 on 07/25/09 11:08 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Sebring Limited 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

When I purchased this car in 2005, I loved it. I still do! I LOVE the seat heaters. Its the best part. When I sit in the car, I feel like royalty. The leather seats are Awesome because it makes me look rich! Got to love making the neibors jealous. Ha ha! It can fly! It can really go fast! BOTTOM LINE: This car is Awesome!!!!!!!

This Car is Maintenance Free
By ChrisBrig on 06/03/09 17:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Sebring Touring 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Sebring in May of 2006, and I have changed the oil religously, added new tires, and had the brakes serviced. That is it. I have not had any service issues, and this car has never left me stranded on the side of the road. This car is reliable.

pretty good car
By tom galvin on 05/18/09 20:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Sebring Limited 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this car 3 years now and no problems. My daughter has wrecked it a couple times almost totaling it. Holds up good in a bad accident, looks nice, has good power, comfortable. The car is great to drive around town and on the highway. When I brake the spare tire makes a thud noise and i've tried to anchor i down better but doesnt work. The car is good and I would say its upper class quality.

2005 Chrysler Sebring GTC Sun Fun
By Glenn Merideth on 12/19/08 18:41 PM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Sebring GTC 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2005 Sebring GTC by accident, looking for a Chrysler 300, the cute little Pearl Firemist Red GTC grabbed my eye and my heart, and the rest is history. I live out in the boonies in the shadow of the Montana Rockies, and my car has performed flawlessly in temps from 110 to minus 35, always starts instantly, and has never had a mechanical problem of any kind. I have used Mobile One every 5000 miles since new, and it uses no oil at 50000 miles now. Has averaged 28 MPG with 90 % highway miles, and 22 in town, or with the top down on the highway around 20. Great comfort, looks and build quality. I plan on keeping it for the rest of my life. I would buy it all over again.

The car of style
By Eddie on 10/11/08 12:11 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Sebring Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

What sold me was the style inside and outside, rear passenger foot room, headlights/driving lamps, and the cornering is wonderful. The 2.7 liter V6 gets the job done for the size of motor and can keep up with most of the 3.0 series engines in the market today. I get and average of 24 to 27 mpg in city and 26 to 30 on hwy which is pretty good for a V6. If you are looking for a great car to have fun in and turn heads this would be that car and a plus is it is affordable.

Excellent Car
By Don Pelzel on 09/22/08 14:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Sebring Touring 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

The car has been a pleasant surprise with the ride and fuel mileage. With 72000 miles with no problems. If I drive 70 miles an hour I have obtained over 33 miles to the gallon. Original tires and brakes. Very happy with this purchase.

Not a powerhouse but smooth ride
By KC MOM on 12/06/07 10:20 AM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Sebring Limited 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

After 12 years of driving a Firebird convertible I finally faced the fact it would not last forever. With 2 junior high aged kids I was looking for a used car with enough backseat legroom for 2 5 foot tall+ kids and a reasonable price, as we will have 2 teen drivers soon so didn't want to spend a fortune on a new car. Looking at Carfax, a lot of the late model Sebrings were former rentals, but was finally able to find a low miles one owner 05 for 10 grand less than new.

Good thing baby
By tom on 10/30/07 12:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Sebring Limited 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I really love this car. I have had it for a year and a half and like it more now than day 1. Car is solid and very quiet for a convertible. I have had nothing at all go wrong in the 37,000 miles of ownership

Ragtop Love
By filigree1 on 06/19/07 07:03 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Sebring GTC 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car used with 18,000 miles on it June 2006 for $14,000. It was a fleet car prior. I can't say enough nice things about this car. The only negative I could find is that it has some blind spots with the top up, but after driving it a while, it's easy to compensate for them. I intend to keep this car a long time. The new ones are too small and don't hold turns like this one does. It also accelerates quite well. I know people have complained about acceleration in this model, but all I can say is they probably don't keep it properly tuned. My friend paid a fortune for a Jaguar and he's kicking himself. My car accelerates faster, has better performance, mileage, and road huggability.

Massive Shaking
By Magnum on 03/13/07 16:12 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Sebring Limited 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this Sebring Convertible limited from the showroom floor after test driving a 2006. After purchasing I was on my way home when I noticed the car had very bad shake at 45 mph and massive cowl shake that did not show up on test drives. Dealer stated this was normal, but that was after they rebalanced and replaced the tires. The car has gotten progressively worse and gets out of balance and alignment on the slightest bumps. I had a 1999 Sebring conv and vibration was very minimal compared to this.