Used 2005 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

Good Car -- Mixed Reviews
By sjt3

2005 Chrysler Sebring GTC 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I just traded in my 2005 Sebring Convertible after four years. It was a great car overall but not without it's flaws. Very cheaply built & even though the body was mostly plastic, still had the standard Chrysler problem of pealing paint. Interior plastic was cheap as well. Reliable with one exception, brakes!!!! I only put 40,000 miles on it and had to replace the brakes twice. My two previous cars, Chevy and a Ford, I only replaced the brakes once on each with 60,000 to 80,000 miles on it. My only other complaint is road noise. Very noisy!!!

Convertible was fun to drive in the warmer weather. Power top.

Road noise was terrible. Couldn't carry on conversation. Was almost easier to talk with the top down and than it was when it was up. Much louder then other convertibles. Brakes, why don't they last longer? Is Chrysler ever going to fix their problem with paint? I lost about $750 to $1,000 in trade in value because of peeling paint.

Great car for awhile
By Brandy

2005 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my Sebring used in 2007. Only problems until now were with rotors needing turning often and the rear spoiler coming off. Recently the front crank seal blew out causing a severe oil leak. Had it fixed and it happened again within minutes. Discovered that there is a problem with this motor having crank shaft end play which causes the front crank seal to come out. There is a bulletin on this problem, but no recall. Currently awaiting Chrysler's response to see if they will take any responsibility since this is obviously a manufacturer defect since it has happened to so many of the 2005 motors.

Nice exterior and comfortable interior.

Issue recall if there is a known defect with the motor!

Beware of front driver side collision
By starcrestsa

2005 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I was recently in an accident where the front driver's side was impacted. Thankfully, the driver was safe. Although this was at a low speed, the impact was strong enough to smash the battery. Due to it's location, the battery acid made contact with computers, electrical & mechanical parts. Needless to say, it was considered totaled even though the damage did not appear as drastic on the outside. There was other structural/frame damage as well.

Loved the style and the size of the car. Good to fair mpg. May get a newer model if battery location has changed.

Interior of the cabin is not so quiet. Could use some sound proofing.

I'm a Sucker
By you got to be kiddin

2005 Chrysler Sebring Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car new in 2006. The day I brought it home the computer board was shot and had to bring it back next day. Since then nothing but trouble. Car came back with scratches all over the dash and again had to be replaced. I have since paid for two sensors to be replaced had two seals and two belts replaced still not working had it done again and is now sitting in a pubble of oil outside my work. I have had to replace brakes twice new tires and makes a constant noise I only have 39,000 miles on the car. Worst day ever the day I brought home this piece of crap. Too low to the ground, noisy and unreliable. Even the sun roof leaks.

None

Where do I begin

Ok for a first car
By tom

2005 Chrysler Sebring Limited 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Had this car for 5 years in december and its been ok not the best car ive ever owned. The first thing that happened when i got this car wa the a/c was dumping water into the back seat! covered under warranty. Then i got into a wreck not that long ago and busted her up pretty good but the airbag should have deployed but didnt due to a sensor failure. The repair work was good but ever since car has more road noise from the back door. The engine has good power but my radiator hose has a leak and the car over heated and sent smoke into the passenger compartment! So far ive put at least $8000(including the accient) into this car. The accident alone was $6000. But a good car over all.

I like the leather interior. Gas mileage is pretty good and trunk space is great!

The wheel shakes violently when i brake. Better quality my dad calls it the modern k-car!