Used 2005 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

Engine light on , Engine or electrical Problems
By bingonut15

2005 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I had so many problems with this since I bought it 2007 used from a Dealer that I thought I coud trust but I was wrong. He sold me a lemon. Bought hub bearings three times, struts, tie rods, crankshaft, crankshaft sensors, camshaft sensors and much more. Two weeks ago, I was have problems when I drove the car home the check engine came on and the car was jerking when I got up to 60 miles per hour. I went to Advance auto',test it out and they said needed a camshaft, so I bought it .installed it ,was still jerking. Then I took it to Midas to test it and it was the crankshaft sensor,got one, installed it still jerking. Brought to Chrysler test it, said Powertrain Module and

Distrution Center. My husband told Chrysler Garage to check the cable to the battery because it sliced a liitle a getting hot. They didn't check it so we out and bought another cable, installed it and the car still is jerking when going more than 60 miles per hour and starting out(you have to gradually go slow at first). Plus we checked all the wires going to the Distribution center and checked all the fuses. Does anyone have the same problem and what did you do? I bought a powertrain module but they told me to take it back.

Good Car -- Mixed Reviews
By sjt3

2005 Chrysler Sebring GTC 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I just traded in my 2005 Sebring Convertible after four years. It was a great car overall but not without it's flaws. Very cheaply built & even though the body was mostly plastic, still had the standard Chrysler problem of pealing paint. Interior plastic was cheap as well. Reliable with one exception, brakes!!!! I only put 40,000 miles on it and had to replace the brakes twice. My two previous cars, Chevy and a Ford, I only replaced the brakes once on each with 60,000 to 80,000 miles on it. My only other complaint is road noise. Very noisy!!!

Convertible was fun to drive in the warmer weather. Power top.

Road noise was terrible. Couldn't carry on conversation. Was almost easier to talk with the top down and than it was when it was up. Much louder then other convertibles. Brakes, why don't they last longer? Is Chrysler ever going to fix their problem with paint? I lost about $750 to $1,000 in trade in value because of peeling paint.

Great car for awhile
By Brandy

2005 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my Sebring used in 2007. Only problems until now were with rotors needing turning often and the rear spoiler coming off. Recently the front crank seal blew out causing a severe oil leak. Had it fixed and it happened again within minutes. Discovered that there is a problem with this motor having crank shaft end play which causes the front crank seal to come out. There is a bulletin on this problem, but no recall. Currently awaiting Chrysler's response to see if they will take any responsibility since this is obviously a manufacturer defect since it has happened to so many of the 2005 motors.

Nice exterior and comfortable interior.

Issue recall if there is a known defect with the motor!

Beware of front driver side collision
By starcrestsa

2005 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I was recently in an accident where the front driver's side was impacted. Thankfully, the driver was safe. Although this was at a low speed, the impact was strong enough to smash the battery. Due to it's location, the battery acid made contact with computers, electrical & mechanical parts. Needless to say, it was considered totaled even though the damage did not appear as drastic on the outside. There was other structural/frame damage as well.

Loved the style and the size of the car. Good to fair mpg. May get a newer model if battery location has changed.

Interior of the cabin is not so quiet. Could use some sound proofing.

I'm a Sucker
By you got to be kiddin

2005 Chrysler Sebring Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car new in 2006. The day I brought it home the computer board was shot and had to bring it back next day. Since then nothing but trouble. Car came back with scratches all over the dash and again had to be replaced. I have since paid for two sensors to be replaced had two seals and two belts replaced still not working had it done again and is now sitting in a pubble of oil outside my work. I have had to replace brakes twice new tires and makes a constant noise I only have 39,000 miles on the car. Worst day ever the day I brought home this piece of crap. Too low to the ground, noisy and unreliable. Even the sun roof leaks.

None