2005 Chrysler Sebring Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

2005 Sebring Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

Sort Reviews by

Engine light on , Engine or electrical Problems
By bingonut15

2005 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I had so many problems with this since I bought it 2007 used from a Dealer that I thought I coud trust but I was wrong. He sold me a lemon. Bought hub bearings three times, struts, tie rods, crankshaft, crankshaft sensors, camshaft sensors and much more. Two weeks ago, I was have problems when I drove the car home the check engine came on and the car was jerking when I got up to 60 miles per hour. I went to Advance auto',test it out and they said needed a camshaft, so I bought it .installed it ,was still jerking. Then I took it to Midas to test it and it was the crankshaft sensor,got one, installed it still jerking. Brought to Chrysler test it, said Powertrain Module and

Favorite Features

Distrution Center. My husband told Chrysler Garage to check the cable to the battery because it sliced a liitle a getting hot. They didn't check it so we out and bought another cable, installed it and the car still is jerking when going more than 60 miles per hour and starting out(you have to gradually go slow at first). Plus we checked all the wires going to the Distribution center and checked all the fuses. Does anyone have the same problem and what did you do? I bought a powertrain module but they told me to take it back.

Great car for awhile
By Brandy

2005 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my Sebring used in 2007. Only problems until now were with rotors needing turning often and the rear spoiler coming off. Recently the front crank seal blew out causing a severe oil leak. Had it fixed and it happened again within minutes. Discovered that there is a problem with this motor having crank shaft end play which causes the front crank seal to come out. There is a bulletin on this problem, but no recall. Currently awaiting Chrysler's response to see if they will take any responsibility since this is obviously a manufacturer defect since it has happened to so many of the 2005 motors.

Favorite Features

Nice exterior and comfortable interior.

Suggested Improvements

Issue recall if there is a known defect with the motor!

Beware of front driver side collision
By starcrestsa

2005 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I was recently in an accident where the front driver's side was impacted. Thankfully, the driver was safe. Although this was at a low speed, the impact was strong enough to smash the battery. Due to it's location, the battery acid made contact with computers, electrical & mechanical parts. Needless to say, it was considered totaled even though the damage did not appear as drastic on the outside. There was other structural/frame damage as well.

Favorite Features

Loved the style and the size of the car. Good to fair mpg. May get a newer model if battery location has changed.

Suggested Improvements

Interior of the cabin is not so quiet. Could use some sound proofing.

Chrysler 4 dr sebring std
By Greg Ploof

2005 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've had problems with this car, engine knock and right hand steering noise, it clicks when you steer to the right. This car had only 26,600 miles when I bought it and I have 35,567 now, this is my first Chrysler product and will be my last! A car with low mileage like this should not knock or make steering noises.

Favorite Features

Body style

Suggested Improvements

Build it with quality

Reasonable value
By Damisal

2005 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

It is quite pleasant to drive for the sedate driver, but response with spirited driving leaves a lot to be desired. CD skips ocassionally with moderate road bumps. All in all a reasonable car for the price.

Favorite Features

The exterior is deceptively attractive, comfortable drive, good base with sound system

Suggested Improvements

Poor interior quality, minimal standard options. Excessively loud engine.

My new beautiful sebring
By Emilienne

2005 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just love the way it feels and looks but the negative part is it really compresses when on cruise control downhill, I really thought it would be better on gas but I was told it does get better after usage for a while, overall its a nice car and it sure looks good.P.S.It corners like the neon use to,Thanks for reading me.

Favorite Features

The shape,color,inside sportscar kind of,but the best looking part part of it is the front

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage definatly,the motor compression while going downhill and maybe less noisy going uphill,I find it roars a bit too much comparing to other cars of the same category

No Problems..Just concern
By WRizo58

2005 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Overall the car runs fine. However, when I hit 5000 miles the ignition stopped turning over as quick.

Favorite Features

Comfort, leather seats sunroof.

Suggested Improvements

Tint on the windows.

So far so good (knock on wood)
By Ned

2005 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've had Sebring for almost two years now. Pros: Chrysler design, great fuel economy (8.4L/100km - mixed highway/city drive), only minor issues. Very quiet ride (!!!) just the way I like it. More than enough power for whatever you need it for. Cons: Front right and rear left window had to be fixed. One sensor had to be replaced. Brakes could be a bit better. Not happy with seat design - not very comfy on long rides. I'm 6'2'' and I had to push seat all the way back. Head is still too close to the ceiling, yet that is okay. More than enough room for a passenger behind me to sit comfortably. I'm quite happy with it for now. Would buy another Chrysler again.

Favorite Features

Exterior design - Chrysler sleek and stylish. Fuel economy. Quiet and comfortable ride. Very roomy.

Suggested Improvements

Seats can be much more comfortable. Quality control - windows are a perfect example. Get rid of Good Year Eagle LS tires as they're not very good in rain and snow. Interior design could be improved - dashboard is 1990s, not 2000s (check Infinity or Lexus or similar for design trends).

Problems disguised by beautiful exterior
By Susan Wagner

2005 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

1) Some problems with braking, nearly causing an accident with a school bus. When I tried to brake, it seemed as if the motor was not going to rev down, like it was not going to decelerate. Very scary. 2) Has a habit of hopping forward if you do not have the brake pedal pushed all the way to the floor. 3) Rear axle is very squeaky, especially when the weather is cold. 4) Brakes are very noisy and make noise most every time I brake. Very annoying.

Favorite Features

Highway driving is very comfortable. Acceleration is good. Car is beautiful.

Problems
By Tom Van Sickle

2005 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I had 200 miles on car and was out of town when the passenger right window would not go back up. Was on a cold Saturday and could get no help. The 800 number refered me to some window repair places that I was to pay to have car repaired..could not find repair places. The car was taken to the dealership..they got the window up and ordered part..had to wait 3 days. One week after the "repair" the same window is doing the same thing. It is also difficult to get key out of ignition if the shift is not perfectly in place..have to jiggle shift to get key out. I traded in a 2002 Seabring and wish I still had it!!!!!

Favorite Features

Price was good, salesman was good.

Suggested Improvements

My head hits the roof when i am driving..I am 5'8', but it is my wife's car so not really an issue with me. Must have better quality control...see review above for details of my dissatisfaction with new car wtih 2000 miles on it!!!!!