Used 2005 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

2005 Chrysler Sebring GTC Convertible
By bluesman53

2005 Chrysler Sebring GTC 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

When I bought my Sebring it was in 2006 and was a 1 year old Used Card with 27,000 miles. I have now had it 9 years and have put 40,000 miles on myself to bring the mileage to date to 67,000. It has been very reliable with the exception of the Rear Window Defroster that breaks every summer putting the top up and down. I chose not to replace the window. I am still using the factory Brakes, they will be replaced soon as they are at 5/32" on the Pads! At 66,500 miles I replaced the Ignition Switch. Other than general maintainance (Oil Changes, Tires, Battery) it has been a very dependable vehicle and a Blast to drive in the summer! I plan on keeping it many more years!

Favorite features..... The Convertible top!!! I replaced the stereo with a State of the Art Kenwood System which is Awesome!It has very quick acceleration. I will be replacing the OEM tail lights this summer and installing LED Tail lights.

Fix the Rear Window Defroster! Wire is way too short as the normal operation of opening and closing the Roof breaks the wire every year!! Also the cup holders are in a bad place and the space for bottles and cups is not very tall!

I LOVE my Sebring!
By maggiemae129

2005 Chrysler Sebring Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my 2005 Touring Edition for nearly ten years. I will be selling it now to put some money towards the SUV that I really needed for my lifestyle. I had hoped to keep both, but my finances won't allow it. I will miss this little convertible dearly. Cons - none. Things I have fixed/replaced - window motor (due to water getting in the door too many times), rear tie-rod ends, engine light has been on for like two years due to O2 sensor (have not fixed). Tune-up/flushed all fluids, etc at about 100,000 miles. Car has 139,000 miles and I believe it will go many more.

Looks great, handles well, driver and front passenger seat comfort, stereo sound, low maintenance.

Best car I have ever owned
By jcuel

2005 Chrysler Sebring Limited 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my 2005 Sebring Limited since 2008 and its been the best car. I bought the extended warranty but never used it once. The only thing I had to do on it was the back end work which was costly and a heat shield fix. I sometimes think I would like to get a new car but I think why when its been so good to me. The leather seats are comfy and get better with age. To be honest I was shocked by the bad reviews, maybe its because I have the limited but I haven't even had to replace the brakes yet and I have driven 50K on it over the past 4 years.

seat comfort, reliability, style, roomy interior.

Chrysler Sebrings: The rich people's car.
By jen_love

2005 Chrysler Sebring Touring 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have 2005, when I first got it I was so happy. It feels luxurious. I thought it was the closest thing to a fancy car I was going to get being a student and low income. It has been nothing but a nightmare. To replace the battery, you have to remove the front wheel. To replace spark plugs you have to remove the upper plenum and intake. I haven't even gotten into whatever else I will have to do. But let me say, it is expensive to do the smallest thing with this car and I am poor! If you have money to drop 100, 200, 300 for every little thing - this is the car for you. If not, then don't buy it. I know I wish I never had.

Sunroof.

Chrysler, how about putting the engine in the middle of the car so there is room for people to work on it. Or try putting the battery under the hood where every other car company puts it. Chrysler purposely designs car this way so you have no choice but to take it to a mechanic or dealer. But what happens when you can't afford that? Then you bought yourself one big heartache.

Engine light on , Engine or electrical Problems
By bingonut15

2005 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I had so many problems with this since I bought it 2007 used from a Dealer that I thought I coud trust but I was wrong. He sold me a lemon. Bought hub bearings three times, struts, tie rods, crankshaft, crankshaft sensors, camshaft sensors and much more. Two weeks ago, I was have problems when I drove the car home the check engine came on and the car was jerking when I got up to 60 miles per hour. I went to Advance auto',test it out and they said needed a camshaft, so I bought it .installed it ,was still jerking. Then I took it to Midas to test it and it was the crankshaft sensor,got one, installed it still jerking. Brought to Chrysler test it, said Powertrain Module and

Distrution Center. My husband told Chrysler Garage to check the cable to the battery because it sliced a liitle a getting hot. They didn't check it so we out and bought another cable, installed it and the car still is jerking when going more than 60 miles per hour and starting out(you have to gradually go slow at first). Plus we checked all the wires going to the Distribution center and checked all the fuses. Does anyone have the same problem and what did you do? I bought a powertrain module but they told me to take it back.