2005 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:
I LOVE my Sebring!
By maggiemae129 on 05/19/14 08:40 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Sebring Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my 2005 Touring Edition for nearly ten years. I will be selling it now to put some money towards the SUV that I really needed for my lifestyle. I had hoped to keep both, but my finances won't allow it. I will miss this little convertible dearly. Cons - none. Things I have fixed/replaced - window motor (due to water getting in the door too many times), rear tie-rod ends, engine light has been on for like two years due to O2 sensor (have not fixed). Tune-up/flushed all fluids, etc at about 100,000 miles. Car has 139,000 miles and I believe it will go many more.

Best car I have ever owned
By jcuel on 03/20/12 07:04 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Sebring Limited 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my 2005 Sebring Limited since 2008 and its been the best car. I bought the extended warranty but never used it once. The only thing I had to do on it was the back end work which was costly and a heat shield fix. I sometimes think I would like to get a new car but I think why when its been so good to me. The leather seats are comfy and get better with age. To be honest I was shocked by the bad reviews, maybe its because I have the limited but I haven't even had to replace the brakes yet and I have driven 50K on it over the past 4 years.

Chrysler Sebrings: The rich people's car.
By jen_love on 03/03/12 11:15 AM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Sebring Touring 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have 2005, when I first got it I was so happy. It feels luxurious. I thought it was the closest thing to a fancy car I was going to get being a student and low income. It has been nothing but a nightmare. To replace the battery, you have to remove the front wheel. To replace spark plugs you have to remove the upper plenum and intake. I haven't even gotten into whatever else I will have to do. But let me say, it is expensive to do the smallest thing with this car and I am poor! If you have money to drop 100, 200, 300 for every little thing - this is the car for you. If not, then don't buy it. I know I wish I never had.

Engine light on , Engine or electrical Problems
By bingonut15 on 08/21/11 15:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I had so many problems with this since I bought it 2007 used from a Dealer that I thought I coud trust but I was wrong. He sold me a lemon. Bought hub bearings three times, struts, tie rods, crankshaft, crankshaft sensors, camshaft sensors and much more. Two weeks ago, I was have problems when I drove the car home the check engine came on and the car was jerking when I got up to 60 miles per hour. I went to Advance auto',test it out and they said needed a camshaft, so I bought it .installed it ,was still jerking. Then I took it to Midas to test it and it was the crankshaft sensor,got one, installed it still jerking. Brought to Chrysler test it, said Powertrain Module and

Good Car -- Mixed Reviews
By sjt3 on 03/12/11 15:55 PM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Sebring GTC 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I just traded in my 2005 Sebring Convertible after four years. It was a great car overall but not without it's flaws. Very cheaply built & even though the body was mostly plastic, still had the standard Chrysler problem of pealing paint. Interior plastic was cheap as well. Reliable with one exception, brakes!!!! I only put 40,000 miles on it and had to replace the brakes twice. My two previous cars, Chevy and a Ford, I only replaced the brakes once on each with 60,000 to 80,000 miles on it. My only other complaint is road noise. Very noisy!!!

Great car for awhile
By Brandy on 10/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my Sebring used in 2007. Only problems until now were with rotors needing turning often and the rear spoiler coming off. Recently the front crank seal blew out causing a severe oil leak. Had it fixed and it happened again within minutes. Discovered that there is a problem with this motor having crank shaft end play which causes the front crank seal to come out. There is a bulletin on this problem, but no recall. Currently awaiting Chrysler's response to see if they will take any responsibility since this is obviously a manufacturer defect since it has happened to so many of the 2005 motors.

Beware of front driver side collision
By starcrestsa on 09/05/10 12:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I was recently in an accident where the front driver's side was impacted. Thankfully, the driver was safe. Although this was at a low speed, the impact was strong enough to smash the battery. Due to it's location, the battery acid made contact with computers, electrical & mechanical parts. Needless to say, it was considered totaled even though the damage did not appear as drastic on the outside. There was other structural/frame damage as well.

I'm a Sucker
By you got to be kiddin on 03/24/10 11:26 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Sebring Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car new in 2006. The day I brought it home the computer board was shot and had to bring it back next day. Since then nothing but trouble. Car came back with scratches all over the dash and again had to be replaced. I have since paid for two sensors to be replaced had two seals and two belts replaced still not working had it done again and is now sitting in a pubble of oil outside my work. I have had to replace brakes twice new tires and makes a constant noise I only have 39,000 miles on the car. Worst day ever the day I brought home this piece of crap. Too low to the ground, noisy and unreliable. Even the sun roof leaks.

Ok for a first car
By tom on 02/21/10 09:03 AM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Sebring Limited 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Had this car for 5 years in december and its been ok not the best car ive ever owned. The first thing that happened when i got this car wa the a/c was dumping water into the back seat! covered under warranty. Then i got into a wreck not that long ago and busted her up pretty good but the airbag should have deployed but didnt due to a sensor failure. The repair work was good but ever since car has more road noise from the back door. The engine has good power but my radiator hose has a leak and the car over heated and sent smoke into the passenger compartment! So far ive put at least $8000(including the accient) into this car. The accident alone was $6000. But a good car over all.

Extremely Satisfied
By Mike on 01/04/10 09:57 AM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Sebring Touring 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Got a very good deal on it. Love the drive. Very fuel effficient. No problems with it