Used 2005 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chrysler Sebring

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

Engine light on , Engine or electrical Problems
By bingonut15

2005 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I had so many problems with this since I bought it 2007 used from a Dealer that I thought I coud trust but I was wrong. He sold me a lemon. Bought hub bearings three times, struts, tie rods, crankshaft, crankshaft sensors, camshaft sensors and much more. Two weeks ago, I was have problems when I drove the car home the check engine came on and the car was jerking when I got up to 60 miles per hour. I went to Advance auto',test it out and they said needed a camshaft, so I bought it .installed it ,was still jerking. Then I took it to Midas to test it and it was the crankshaft sensor,got one, installed it still jerking. Brought to Chrysler test it, said Powertrain Module and

Favorite Features

Distrution Center. My husband told Chrysler Garage to check the cable to the battery because it sliced a liitle a getting hot. They didn't check it so we out and bought another cable, installed it and the car still is jerking when going more than 60 miles per hour and starting out(you have to gradually go slow at first). Plus we checked all the wires going to the Distribution center and checked all the fuses. Does anyone have the same problem and what did you do? I bought a powertrain module but they told me to take it back.

Massive Shaking
By Magnum

2005 Chrysler Sebring Limited 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this Sebring Convertible limited from the showroom floor after test driving a 2006. After purchasing I was on my way home when I noticed the car had very bad shake at 45 mph and massive cowl shake that did not show up on test drives. Dealer stated this was normal, but that was after they rebalanced and replaced the tires. The car has gotten progressively worse and gets out of balance and alignment on the slightest bumps. I had a 1999 Sebring conv and vibration was very minimal compared to this.

Favorite Features

Not many. Other than very nice looking and leather seats.

Suggested Improvements

Reduce the excessive vibrations.

My Last Chrysler
By Oldengineer

2005 Chrysler Sebring Touring 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

After 14 Chryslers, this is my last. The only thing this car does well at is get decent fuel economy. In 2 years of ownership, its been in the shop for warranty work a full 3 months in total. Its myriad problems and poor reliability have convinced me to switch brands. It's a beautiful car, but, seems to have been engineered and built by blindfolded kindergarten kids. Tried to get rid of it, but, this model depreciates like a falling brick.

Favorite Features

Nice exterior styling and decent fuel economy. Its crummy reliability helped me convince my wife to trade her Dodge off for a Jaguar.

Suggested Improvements

Get the bugs out!! Loose the 1980's interior design! Put a decent performing engine in it. Loose the 4 speed automatic that sounds like an electric can opener at speed and fails every 30K miles.

I'm a Sucker
By you got to be kiddin

2005 Chrysler Sebring Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car new in 2006. The day I brought it home the computer board was shot and had to bring it back next day. Since then nothing but trouble. Car came back with scratches all over the dash and again had to be replaced. I have since paid for two sensors to be replaced had two seals and two belts replaced still not working had it done again and is now sitting in a pubble of oil outside my work. I have had to replace brakes twice new tires and makes a constant noise I only have 39,000 miles on the car. Worst day ever the day I brought home this piece of crap. Too low to the ground, noisy and unreliable. Even the sun roof leaks.

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Where do I begin

Chrysler 4 dr sebring std
By Greg Ploof

2005 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've had problems with this car, engine knock and right hand steering noise, it clicks when you steer to the right. This car had only 26,600 miles when I bought it and I have 35,567 now, this is my first Chrysler product and will be my last! A car with low mileage like this should not knock or make steering noises.

Favorite Features

Body style

Suggested Improvements

Build it with quality