2004 Chrysler Sebring Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:
A Rare Bird Indeed
By acclaimed on 12/25/14 19:49 PM (PST)

2004 Chrysler Sebring Sedan Touring Platinum Series 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2004 Chrysler Sebring (base) 2.7L V6 in September and the second day after the purchase I noticed an oil leak that my car had, we fixed it with ease. The seller dropped the price down to $1,000 because I had cash money, but the air condition didn't work on the first day of purchase, but all it need is an A/C compressor and recently my my check engine light illuminated because of my ignition coil that I replaced and bought some new spark plugs. However, sometime when I drive it hard the engine light illuminate because of the ignition coil that I purchased that triggered the engine light the first time.

Garbage
By alexander88 on 10/30/12 09:41 AM (PDT)

2004 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car 3 years ago with 160000 km on it it now has 195000 and is ready for the junkyard. Pretty much every part that could fail did, also significant rust issues muffler was completely rusted through, skirts and other parts are rusted from the inside out. Automatic transition doesn't work probably. Driving performance is poor, it is almost impossible to keep the car on the road at higher speeds around 160 km/h. All in all the worst car i have ever driven !!

great car for cheap
By sean6896 on 08/26/12 00:24 AM (PDT)

2004 Chrysler Sebring Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Just bought this car a aweek ago. Its handled great so far and is fun to drive. Only thing i dont like is ac module is messed up and will sometimes randomly blow on feet just flip knob over and back and its fixed. bought it for 2.5k with 135000 on it. car drives and looks like a new car. very bad fuel economy tho. i switched from a nissan sentra 1.6l so i dropped almost 20 miles per gallon :(

Not good for all, great for enthusiats
By kiaitools on 08/19/12 10:31 AM (PDT)

2004 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought it at 2005 with 30000 miles on it, now it has 110000 and this car woks great, I just needed to change brake pads, motor and transmisión mounts, that is normal maintenance for a car: This car is great, is made with high quality standards but take care becasuse is not is a car for all, this car requieres delicate maintenance to work well or will turn in to a piece of crap in few months. I use only syntethic oil and each service is made according manual, before to buy check very well if the original owner had made all it´s services, all turbo motors needs special attention to keep well

Worst car I have ever owned, even with reg. maintenance
By meatballman on 05/20/11 09:12 AM (PDT)

2004 Chrysler Sebring Sedan Touring Platinum Series 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This car is a piece of trash. I hate this car so much I will never own another Chrysler or Dodge product, ever. Engine failure at 140000, replaced ball joints and wheel bearings at least 5 times that I can remember in the front, oil sending unit went bad, blower motor resistor went bad, cig lighter wires broke off inside console, sudden surges at red lights and stop signs, sudden stalls at red lights and stop signs. I literally had every single problem people have written about this car. I went to the dealer to look at a used Civic which they sold before we got there, and sales guy got my wife to fall in love with this car. Worst regret ever that I caved.

I hate American cars now
By MARC on 11/19/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car on August, so far, I hate it! first it looks cheap, interior or exterior, the engine is crap, make that ugly noise when you hit the gas, cheap brakes

2004 Chrysler Sebring LX 2.4 DOHC
By Brian on 10/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my sebring used in 2008 it had 47,000 miles on it. I must say I love my sebring. There is some reoccurring reviews saying bad things about this car. But the truth is the 2.7l Chrysler engines are junk they blow up. if you have a 2.4 or a 3.0 you'll not have a problem. stay away from 2.7l Chrysler motors. The only thing i did to this car because I had to was replace the tires and brakes but only because of normal wear.

Loving my car!
By tiffany on 08/29/10 19:48 PM (PDT)

2004 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

So we bought my car in 2008 while I was still prego with my daughter. The best ever, only real problem is the get up and go or trying to get battery changed out. i had to get new battery last week which was aug 2010 it was 140 to do that due to the fact that u have to take driver side tire off. it's a good car i feel safe in it with my daughter lots of room just wish my windows were tinted. don't let it have hail damage because if its on the roof they will total your car and cant fix it but i love it its slick and nice and easy to maneuver. looks slick and nice keep up on the oil changes your car will be fine. i recommend this car dunno bout other peoples reviews i've had no problems at all dunno

Money pit
By Chelsea on 05/17/10 21:38 PM (PDT)

2004 Chrysler Sebring Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2004 Sebring in March of 2009 with 44,000 miles on it. I've had the car in the shop almost a dozen times during the 14 months I've had it and have put in nearly $1,000 worth of repairs. It only has 52,000 miles on it! I had a transmission leak that was fixed five different times before it was finally solved. I have a very loud rattle coming from somewhere under the driver's side that no auto repair shop can seem to find. My spark plugs blew within months of purchasing the car and now my engine hesitates when I shift from reverse to drive. It is a good looking car, but I would never recommend this car to anyone.

Stay Away From This Car!
By Grneyes421 on 04/09/10 11:42 AM (PDT)

2004 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Everything worked fine for the first 1.5 years. Then noticed leaking when it rained, and I mean front and rear floor flooded. Had to scoop the water out. Then it was a snow ball effect in repairs. Battery,Valve cover gasket, timing belt, and water pump $700 Brakes and Tires $450 Misc stuff $300 New motor for window $100, Catalytic Converter (didn't fix) all in 6 weeks? Then BLAMMO Blew a Freaking Rod! Still owe $4000 on the loan. Now I'm left with a heap of scrap metal with moldy carpets on a good set of tires. They want you to buy American, well make it reliable. Looking for a Honda or Toyota now..