Used 2004 Chrysler Sebring Sedan Consumer Reviews - 80 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chrysler Sebring Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2004 Chrysler Sebring Sedan

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

A Rare Bird Indeed
By acclaimed

2004 Chrysler Sebring Sedan Touring Platinum Series 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2004 Chrysler Sebring (base) 2.7L V6 in September and the second day after the purchase I noticed an oil leak that my car had, we fixed it with ease. The seller dropped the price down to $1,000 because I had cash money, but the air condition didn't work on the first day of purchase, but all it need is an A/C compressor and recently my my check engine light illuminated because of my ignition coil that I replaced and bought some new spark plugs.

However, sometime when I drive it hard the engine light illuminate because of the ignition coil that I purchased that triggered the engine light the first time.

The V6 in this 2.7L has adequate power but can use some more power doing passing maneuvers and I wish it could have better gas mileage, but again it is a V6. The rest of the car is plain Vanilla and bland, even my CD player.

More horsepower, better gas mileage, build quality and overall reliability that should have been improved with these Chrysler Sebrings in 2004 rather than modest updates.

Garbage
By alexander88

2004 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car 3 years ago with 160000 km on it
it now has 195000 and is ready for the junkyard.
Pretty much every part that could fail did, also significant rust issues muffler was completely rusted through, skirts and other parts are rusted from the inside out.
Automatic transition doesn't work probably.
Driving performance is poor, it is almost impossible to keep the car on the road at higher speeds around 160 km/h.
All in all the worst car i have ever driven !!

great car for cheap
By sean6896

2004 Chrysler Sebring Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Just bought this car a aweek ago. Its handled great so far and is fun to drive. Only thing i dont like is ac module is messed up and will sometimes randomly blow on feet just flip knob over and back and its fixed. bought it for 2.5k with 135000 on it. car drives and looks like a new car. very bad fuel economy tho. i switched from a nissan sentra 1.6l so i dropped almost 20 miles per gallon :(

definitly the stereo. very nice sound system for a base modle.

get better fuel economy.

Not good for all, great for enthusiats
By kiaitools

2004 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought it at 2005 with 30000 miles on it, now it has 110000 and this car woks great, I just needed to change brake pads, motor and transmisión mounts, that is normal maintenance for a car:
This car is great, is made with high quality standards but take care becasuse is not is a car for all,
this car requieres delicate maintenance to work well or will turn in to a piece of crap in few months.
I use only syntethic oil and each service is made according manual, before to buy check very well if the original owner
had made all it´s services, all turbo motors needs special attention to keep well

the best luxury car that you can buy for 5k

I´ve seen another vw, volvo and audi turbos with serious problems before 50,000 miles, this not depend about quality, that´s depend about your care. Obviously a turbo car requieres more attention than a v8 or v6. Try it to keep it well and you will love this car.

Worst car I have ever owned, even with reg. maintenance
By meatballman

2004 Chrysler Sebring Sedan Touring Platinum Series 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This car is a piece of trash.
I hate this car so much I will never own another Chrysler or Dodge product, ever.
Engine failure at 140000, replaced ball joints and wheel bearings at least 5 times that I can remember in the front, oil sending unit went bad, blower motor resistor went bad, cig lighter wires broke off inside console, sudden surges at red lights and stop signs, sudden stalls at red lights and stop signs.
I literally had every single problem people have written about this car.
I went to the dealer to look at a used Civic which they sold before we got there, and sales guy got my wife to fall in love with this car.
Worst regret ever that I caved.

Comfortable ride when nothing is wrong which is almost never, and I never had a problem with the transmission.

Everything