2004 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:
Garbage
By alexander88 on 10/30/12 09:41 AM (PDT)

2004 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car 3 years ago with 160000 km on it it now has 195000 and is ready for the junkyard. Pretty much every part that could fail did, also significant rust issues muffler was completely rusted through, skirts and other parts are rusted from the inside out. Automatic transition doesn't work probably. Driving performance is poor, it is almost impossible to keep the car on the road at higher speeds around 160 km/h. All in all the worst car i have ever driven !!

Not good for all, great for enthusiats
By kiaitools on 08/19/12 10:31 AM (PDT)

2004 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought it at 2005 with 30000 miles on it, now it has 110000 and this car woks great, I just needed to change brake pads, motor and transmisión mounts, that is normal maintenance for a car: This car is great, is made with high quality standards but take care becasuse is not is a car for all, this car requieres delicate maintenance to work well or will turn in to a piece of crap in few months. I use only syntethic oil and each service is made according manual, before to buy check very well if the original owner had made all it´s services, all turbo motors needs special attention to keep well

I hate American cars now
By MARC on 11/19/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car on August, so far, I hate it! first it looks cheap, interior or exterior, the engine is crap, make that ugly noise when you hit the gas, cheap brakes

2004 Chrysler Sebring LX 2.4 DOHC
By Brian on 10/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my sebring used in 2008 it had 47,000 miles on it. I must say I love my sebring. There is some reoccurring reviews saying bad things about this car. But the truth is the 2.7l Chrysler engines are junk they blow up. if you have a 2.4 or a 3.0 you'll not have a problem. stay away from 2.7l Chrysler motors. The only thing i did to this car because I had to was replace the tires and brakes but only because of normal wear.

Loving my car!
By tiffany on 08/29/10 19:48 PM (PDT)

2004 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

So we bought my car in 2008 while I was still prego with my daughter. The best ever, only real problem is the get up and go or trying to get battery changed out. i had to get new battery last week which was aug 2010 it was 140 to do that due to the fact that u have to take driver side tire off. it's a good car i feel safe in it with my daughter lots of room just wish my windows were tinted. don't let it have hail damage because if its on the roof they will total your car and cant fix it but i love it its slick and nice and easy to maneuver. looks slick and nice keep up on the oil changes your car will be fine. i recommend this car dunno bout other peoples reviews i've had no problems at all dunno

Stay Away From This Car!
By Grneyes421 on 04/09/10 11:42 AM (PDT)

2004 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Everything worked fine for the first 1.5 years. Then noticed leaking when it rained, and I mean front and rear floor flooded. Had to scoop the water out. Then it was a snow ball effect in repairs. Battery,Valve cover gasket, timing belt, and water pump $700 Brakes and Tires $450 Misc stuff $300 New motor for window $100, Catalytic Converter (didn't fix) all in 6 weeks? Then BLAMMO Blew a Freaking Rod! Still owe $4000 on the loan. Now I'm left with a heap of scrap metal with moldy carpets on a good set of tires. They want you to buy American, well make it reliable. Looking for a Honda or Toyota now..

Owned for 5month and nothing but trouble
By Joe on 01/06/10 21:10 PM (PST)

2004 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

04 Chrysler Sebring V6 2.7l Bought this car to be the third owner of it(now I understand why that guy sold it after owning it for 7 month) got a very good deal on it but it also needed quite a few repairs(fluids were leaking, wheel bearings needed to be replaced, power windows and power locks didn't work) got that all fixed...after a while the oil light comes on(was apparently a sensor that needed to be replaced) a month later the engine just stops shifting gears when the temperature drops to a certain point...got that fixed and finally, after new year, my car doesn't start at all...something was wrong with my starter. gonna try to sell as soon as its outta the shop

Wish I would have waited
By Rushed Into It on 07/14/09 17:42 PM (PDT)

2004 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Next month will be a year I have the car. Two weeks after I got it check engine light was on. I found out it's the purge valve. Then to top it off everytime it raines I have a flood on the driver side floorboard front to back seat. It will cost me more to have them find out the problem because the dealership doesn't want to honor my warranty. I'm trading it in as soon as possible. More trouble than it's worth.

A good car a first....
By Yeti on 05/09/09 12:50 PM (PDT)

2004 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We bought this car 9 months used and it was a great car for the first 2 years or so. We replaced the front brakes twice in 3 years and then a caliper in the rear seized and that all had to be replaced. The thing that burned me the most is how expensive the parts are. To be fair; the car was a dream to drive and never once broke down, but I'm giving it a low reliability number because of the cost of maintenance. We ditched it in the end because of a rear suspension linkage going bad, the A/C pump starting to go, the power windows starting to go in the front, and emission test issues.

Nice car for the price
By Rick on 02/27/09 13:42 PM (PST)

2004 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We bought the car in 2004. Other than oil changes, we haven't had to do much else with the car. We have had some issues with the brakes but other than that, it's pretty much been maintenance free. Fun car to drive and I find it comfortable also. We live in the Northeast and as long as you have good winter tires, you can go just about anywhere. On snowy days I take the car instead of my Chevy 2- wheel drive truck.