Used 2004 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews - 239 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

Complete Garbage
By Pecos

2004 Chrysler Sebring 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a 2004 Sebring with 22k miles on it in 2005. I drive it to work and back and now the car has 100k miles on it. Did the 30/60/90 maintenance, regular coolant flushes, regular oil changes, new battery every 3 years, 3 new sets of tires,and here is what has crapped out over the years: 32k - aluminum oil pan stripped. 40k - brake replacement. 50k - washer hose break. 60k - engine oil seal leak. 70k - heater core leak. 75k - some misc electronic fuel regulator part. 80k - worn shocks and towers. 85k - leAking charcoal canister won't pass emissions, AC leak 90k - 2nd heater core leak, exhaust resonator cracked 95k - Rear power window seized up, Power top hydraulics leak. Water pump failure. Timing belt failure. 100k - thermostat failure, radiator overheating, AC compressor leak, belt tightener failure And now it is the shop again because the AC doesn't work after a new compressor. Also there is a minor oil leak. The 2.4 liter engine will run forever- the transmission seems ok, but this car has been a money pit for as little as I driven it. It's a good looking car, but plagued with the most annoying problems. And I have well sunk enough money into it to pay for the original purchase price well over. But I love the car! Such is the love and hate relationship I have with it.

oldie but goody
By deville04@msn.com

2004 Chrysler Sebring Limited 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

bought 2004 in 2016..............good fun car for Florida, parts getting hard to find now, go to independent service over any Chrysler dealer however. v6 are good engines, 4 cyl are verboten! never buy Chrysler 4 cyl in any vehicle.

Never too old....
By ginna york

2004 Chrysler Sebring Limited 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

for a sporty convertible. My 2004 Sebring is my retirement baby to travel the countryside. I'm 63, always wanted one, finally have one and loving it. Sporty Granny.

Great car
By Martin Kidder

2004 Chrysler Sebring GTC 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Fun to drive with plenty of zip!

A Rare Bird Indeed
By acclaimed

2004 Chrysler Sebring Touring Platinum Series 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2004 Chrysler Sebring (base) 2.7L V6 in September and the second day after the purchase I noticed an oil leak that my car had, we fixed it with ease. The seller dropped the price down to $1,000 because I had cash money, but the air condition didn't work on the first day of purchase, but all it need is an A/C compressor and recently my my check engine light illuminated because of my ignition coil that I replaced and bought some new spark plugs.

However, sometime when I drive it hard the engine light illuminate because of the ignition coil that I purchased that triggered the engine light the first time.

The V6 in this 2.7L has adequate power but can use some more power doing passing maneuvers and I wish it could have better gas mileage, but again it is a V6. The rest of the car is plain Vanilla and bland, even my CD player.

More horsepower, better gas mileage, build quality and overall reliability that should have been improved with these Chrysler Sebrings in 2004 rather than modest updates.