2003 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Review: Thumbs up value

2003 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Review

LXi Sedan (2.7L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Thumbs up value
By KMO on

2003 Chrysler Sebring LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I am very pleased with my new purchase of this vehicle. Has the creature comforts of my Buick (if you get it loaded). Suspension is fairly tight, could be described as "touring." Engine acceleration/power is good off of the start, but excellent in rolling acceleration... if you floor it at 20- 50 you know it... and might be exceeding the highway speed limit before you look down (hint). The "enthusiast package" is a must... better steering reponse, and auto-stick is "fun". Easier to stay in 200 HP power band. My average gas mileage sits at about 25. I highly recommend synthetic oil, it smooths out this engine a bit.

Creature comforts. Price / value / performance... try finding another 200HP car with all the bells and whistles in the 18K range. ...And decent gas mileage to boot.

A supercharged, or turbocharged version of the 2.7 V6 would put it off the map for performance-value. Dodge has an R/T version of the Stratus in 4DR... but it doesn't have the comfort feel of the Chrysler LXi and the engine is the same.