My first car
By mike52583 on
2003 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)
My parents bought me this car in July 2009 for $8252 including tax. It had just over 59k mi. My mother thought the front end was too long. I mainly liked the body style and the power-adjustable driver's seat. After 3 mo, spent over $2k on all recommended maintenance to do at 60k mi + $600 fixing transmission. Later had tie rods & engine mounts replaced; timing belt+ water pump replaced at 78.5k mi. Spent at least $4,000 in maintenance in the 38 months I owned the car. It never broke down on me. Starting the car, always heard 2 clear cranks, then engine started. Just sold it at just under 79k mi in Oct. 2012.
Favorite Features
pros- body style, power adjustable drivers seat, fold-down back seat, engine always started right after hearing 2nd crank, alloy wheels, good gas mileage considering the car's weight, doors lock automatically at 15mph, bell+ dome light if door not closed right. cons- 3 buttons to push to set cruise control, no switch to make dome light not come on when doors were opened, hi maintenance costs (previous owner may not have maintained well?), to accelerate fast enough had to step on gas so hard I heard disturbing over-reving engine noises, passenger space & trunk both excessive for my needs as a single person, lug nuts on wheels too difficult to remove, no full sized permanent spare wheel.
Suggested Improvements
I wish the car had had a switch to make the dome light not come on when I opened the doors so I wouldn't worry that the battery would die if I didn't get out of the car quickly enough.