Used 2003 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

2003 Chrysler Sebring

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

I love this car
By Linsey

2003 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

We bought this car 4 years old and I believe it still drives like it did when the first buyer bought it. It is fun and stylish. It gives the feel of a sports car without the price tag or insurance boost. Whoever designed this car needs a raise! This car is for someone who loves driving. You would have to be able to get up and down easily and not have to get to the back seat very often.

Favorite Features

4 disc changer and sunroof

My second convertible
By Ray

2003 Chrysler Sebring LXi FFV 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have now had my Sebring for almost 3 years. The car is a blast to drive and looks great. The only problem I have had (last week) that upset me was a broken driver's door strap that cost $260 to replace. Two other minor problems that were covered under warranty. I now have 63,000 miles on the car and have never been stuck. I would definitely consider another one, especially now that you can get one with the 3.5 engine.(My wife has that motor in her Pacifica). I get an honest 23-25 mpg around town. My first convertible was a 1963 T-Bird that I had in 1966. This one just reinforced my belief that everyone should have at least one convertible during their life.My daughter gets it next year.

Favorite Features

Ease of lowering and raising the top

Suggested Improvements

ABS should be standard.

2003 Sebring LXi Still Rocks!!
By JC

2003 Chrysler Sebring LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I had a Chrysler Cirrus before my Sebring LXi, the (foreign manufactured) Cirrus was discontinued and the (American made) Sebring replaced it... they are essentially the same style/type vehicle (smaller, not a "boat" and very comfortable to drive, lots of power and handling to trust)... I loved my Cirrus and was unhappy that Chrysler had discontinued them (and I bought my Sebring somewhat reluctantly)... WoW! were my fears unfounded. The Sebring was a real step up in overall driving experience... It continues to be a wonderful vehicle, literally in every imaginable way. It truly feels/performs like a sports car. It has power to spare anytime I need it, IT ROCKS! (I'm Age 58)

Favorite Features

The gas pedal... instant response with lock 'n load handling.

Suggested Improvements

I still prefer the old automatic shifter, and not the "tap and go" auto-stick. But no biggie.

Chrysler is miserable
By Matt Snyder

2003 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The worst car that I've ever known. At 26,000 I had my THIRD transmission installed; original, at 22,000 rebuilt tranny, 26,000 brand new one installed. It's been in the shop over 8 times for the transmission slipping especially in cold weather. Chrysler customer service does not stand behind their product. I will never buy a Chrysler product again. This all could have been fixed if they stood behind their product.

Favorite Features

Floor mats and radio.

Suggested Improvements

Transmission that last more than 30,000 miles.

Nothing But Trouble
By What a Lemon

2003 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car new in May '03. For a while it was a nice, fun to drive car. Around Oct. 2005 I started to have engine trouble. I took it to Chrysler and they told me I needed a new engine. Confirmed by my own independent mechanic. I spent $3,000 on a used engine, installed. This year '06 I had to spend another $1,200 on a new transmission. All said I will have over $20,000 in this car when it's paid off. I have too much in it now not to drive it as long as I can. I will never EVER buy another 4 cylinder and might not buy another Chrysler.

Favorite Features

Only outstanding feature is the stereo. Don't turn it up too loud though, you might miss the sounds of the engine coming apart!! Local dealer has been friendly and honest!!

Suggested Improvements

Improve the engine quality.