Used 2003 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

A Reliable, Efficient Car
By Mike R

2003 Chrysler Sebring LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Our experience has been very positive. The most surprising was the excellent gas mileage - 29-30mpg regularly on the road. 24-25 in town. We consider this great for the performance of the engine. Everything has worked well except the seat heaters but that's not too much inconvenience. We taken this car everywhere and it drives well - up mountains, in the snow, in the desert, and along the coast. We've put lots of bags and gear in there when family comes to visit. We're smaller people so the lower head room doesn't bother us but it would bigger people. Electronics and power options have performed well.

Trunk and fold-down seats. Visibility. Leather interior. Quiet ride. Solid build. Great gas mileage.

Leather seats show early wear. Consider better quality leather. Occasional problem with cruise control releasing and not resetting.

2003 Sebring LXI
By Royal

2003 Chrysler Sebring LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This has been the worst car I have ever owned in my 30+ years. I have just under 50k miles and have had the following replaced or repaired- radio / truck air shocks / visor clip / water pump / transmission seal / oil gasket / 2 sets of tires / brakes / front door handle / power windows / all four doors have had the entire plastic housing come loose and break off - oh and by the way this is a company car that is primarily driven by me with NO passengers to mess with stuff! A person expects repairs, but not to the extent that this car has had. Looks great, ride not too bad for a smaller lower priced car -quality of build is worst ever-Chrysler should be ashamed to have their name on product

styling

overall quality is poor. take a close look before you buy and read what others have read, that pretty much sums up what you will receive.

Love It!
By jess

2003 Chrysler Sebring LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car only a few months ago, but so far have taken it on 3 road trips. I love the way it drives. Haven't had any major problems with it. Sunroof didn't open all the time took it back to dealership they replaced the motor of it. Other than that I love everything about it. It has a lot of interior space.

sunroof, stock 6 disc cd changer, leather seats

none

Absolute Headache
By subfarm

2003 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I loved this car when I bought it, but I have spent 5k just maintaining it in a little over a year. First it was regular maintenance - replace the timing belt at 90,000, little things like that, but then the fuel pump failed with no warning, there is a constant misfire that has been looked at by SIX different mechanics (including 2 Chrysler dealerships) and no one can tell me what is causing it, the computer isn't listing codes. It got FANTASTIC gas mileage up until the drama with the misfire began. There's been other problems owning this car is like being pecked to death by chickens. I will never purchase another Chrysler. OH and it leaks like a sieve when it rains!

Roomy, good visibility, great gas mileage, decent stock stereo, a little pep,

Could you at least make the engine logical so when it breaks down maybe 1 out of 6 mechanics might be able to figure it out??

Great Convert
By Red

2003 Chrysler Sebring Limited 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Fun car and noticed. Drives like a big car and handles almost like a sports car. The best (only) ragtop I've owned. I love it. Great car for the money.

Quiet compared to other ragtops. Ease of top up, down. Super mileage - 30+ with plenty of power. Super design.

Changing out battery is a pain. Overhead cams and multi valve engine. Turbo offerings.