Used 2003 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

2003 Chrysler Sebring

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

really great looking sedan
By Ray H

2003 Chrysler Sebring LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I went looking for this specific model car and bought it at a really great price. I added a full warranty that got my leaky evaporator fixed for nothing. Otherwise the car has been great. the previous owner did not take great care of the car, but it was in great mechanical shape except for the A/C problem and poor shifting of the transmission. Since it had less than 70,000 miles on it, I had the dealer look at it, and with a computer upgrade, now it shifts perfectly. I run Prolong in the engine and it gets around 26 mpg on the freeway at 65 mph. I cannot complain, for a 200 hop V6 engine, that is great mileage. the engine is bigger than my 95 Dodge Stratus and gets better mileage.

Favorite Features

interior room and exterior stryling

Suggested Improvements

put the battery where it can easily be serviced and redesign the cup holders. The right windshield wiper should also park against the bottom of the windshield.

Misfiring, took them 5 weeks
By MattyPython

2003 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the car in april, no problems til august took it to the shop, they replaced over 3 thousand dollars worth of parts and it was still misfiring but only when hot. Finally after close to six weeks of it being in the shop they have the nerve to charge us four hundred bucks for some wires. These are poorly built cars.

Favorite Features

When it drives fine

Suggested Improvements

Don't build pieces of junk.

Great upscasle car
By Ray Hatfield

2003 Chrysler Sebring LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I specifically went looking for a reasonably priced 2003 sedan because I think it was the last sporty Sebring produced. It was purchased with an extended B to B warranty that i have used twice to replace power seat motor and A/C evaporator. Both weren't working right when purchased at 56,000+ miles. I also had to replace factory original tires. the transmission needed a computer upgrade to fix erratic down shift problem. Other than that the car has needed nothing but oil changes. The 2.7 V6 purrs with excellent performance and decent gas mileage. I run Prolong in the oil for a 100% engine guarantee as long as I own the car, and recommend it.

Favorite Features

Leather seats, wood grain trim, sporty design, generous trunk with fold down seat. Love the performance suspension and tires. Ice cold A/C for here in Florida.

Suggested Improvements

Door trim could use upgrading. Hate battery not easily accessible. Not crazy about console / gear shift, same since 1995. Wish Chrysler wings on steering wheel were bright like emblem in the middle.

put to th test
By Sunshyne

2003 Chrysler Sebring Limited 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love cars! I get it from my dad he had every classic car with power while he was growing up.So i get it honest I will put a car to the test. I had a mustang GT growing up..poor car..lol! I hust recently got my sebring and she is great, alot more than I expected from a FWD car. She will take curb at 60+ and can stop on a dime. Great suspension and she is quick off the start...i din not know an automatic could bark tires in 3rd gear..love it

Favorite Features

Slap stick shift

Suggested Improvements

The stereo system needs work,alot...it has an amp and still not any thump

This car is a beatuiful beast!
By Maxx

2003 Chrysler Sebring LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

How do I put this, how about the best car in the world! I love my sebring. Nice leather seats with multi disk all power doors Windows seats and moon roof. This car is classy, sporty, and amazing. Good for all ages and probably one of the only good American made cars out there. I'd suggest the LXi and not the LX, and definitely the new bigger engine as the old one doesn't have very high acceleration for me, but its okay for my wife. Great great car, never had any problems that weren't unexpected. Has 120,000 miles and still runs like new. Thank you Chrysler

Favorite Features

interior looks superb, nice style and great performance, mpg, long lasting engine, and reliability.

Suggested Improvements

better mpg like every other car, better acceleration, not much else to ask for