2003 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:
Misfiring, took them 5 weeks
By MattyPython on 10/10/09 16:01 PM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the car in april, no problems til august took it to the shop, they replaced over 3 thousand dollars worth of parts and it was still misfiring but only when hot. Finally after close to six weeks of it being in the shop they have the nerve to charge us four hundred bucks for some wires. These are poorly built cars.

Great upscasle car
By Ray Hatfield on 09/17/09 22:14 PM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler Sebring LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I specifically went looking for a reasonably priced 2003 sedan because I think it was the last sporty Sebring produced. It was purchased with an extended B to B warranty that i have used twice to replace power seat motor and A/C evaporator. Both weren't working right when purchased at 56,000+ miles. I also had to replace factory original tires. the transmission needed a computer upgrade to fix erratic down shift problem. Other than that the car has needed nothing but oil changes. The 2.7 V6 purrs with excellent performance and decent gas mileage. I run Prolong in the oil for a 100% engine guarantee as long as I own the car, and recommend it.

put to th test
By Sunshyne on 06/14/09 11:36 AM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler Sebring Limited 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love cars! I get it from my dad he had every classic car with power while he was growing up.So i get it honest I will put a car to the test. I had a mustang GT growing up..poor car..lol! I hust recently got my sebring and she is great, alot more than I expected from a FWD car. She will take curb at 60+ and can stop on a dime. Great suspension and she is quick off the start...i din not know an automatic could bark tires in 3rd gear..love it

This car is a beatuiful beast!
By Maxx on 08/20/08 22:08 PM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler Sebring LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

How do I put this, how about the best car in the world! I love my sebring. Nice leather seats with multi disk all power doors Windows seats and moon roof. This car is classy, sporty, and amazing. Good for all ages and probably one of the only good American made cars out there. I'd suggest the LXi and not the LX, and definitely the new bigger engine as the old one doesn't have very high acceleration for me, but its okay for my wife. Great great car, never had any problems that weren't unexpected. Has 120,000 miles and still runs like new. Thank you Chrysler

A Reliable, Efficient Car
By Mike R on 08/19/08 16:58 PM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler Sebring LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Our experience has been very positive. The most surprising was the excellent gas mileage - 29-30mpg regularly on the road. 24-25 in town. We consider this great for the performance of the engine. Everything has worked well except the seat heaters but that's not too much inconvenience. We taken this car everywhere and it drives well - up mountains, in the snow, in the desert, and along the coast. We've put lots of bags and gear in there when family comes to visit. We're smaller people so the lower head room doesn't bother us but it would bigger people. Electronics and power options have performed well.

2003 Sebring LXI
By Royal on 05/20/08 12:31 PM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler Sebring LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This has been the worst car I have ever owned in my 30+ years. I have just under 50k miles and have had the following replaced or repaired- radio / truck air shocks / visor clip / water pump / transmission seal / oil gasket / 2 sets of tires / brakes / front door handle / power windows / all four doors have had the entire plastic housing come loose and break off - oh and by the way this is a company car that is primarily driven by me with NO passengers to mess with stuff! A person expects repairs, but not to the extent that this car has had. Looks great, ride not too bad for a smaller lower priced car -quality of build is worst ever-Chrysler should be ashamed to have their name on product

Love It!
By jess on 05/07/08 12:04 PM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler Sebring LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car only a few months ago, but so far have taken it on 3 road trips. I love the way it drives. Haven't had any major problems with it. Sunroof didn't open all the time took it back to dealership they replaced the motor of it. Other than that I love everything about it. It has a lot of interior space.

Absolute Headache
By subfarm on 04/25/08 18:09 PM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I loved this car when I bought it, but I have spent 5k just maintaining it in a little over a year. First it was regular maintenance - replace the timing belt at 90,000, little things like that, but then the fuel pump failed with no warning, there is a constant misfire that has been looked at by SIX different mechanics (including 2 Chrysler dealerships) and no one can tell me what is causing it, the computer isn't listing codes. It got FANTASTIC gas mileage up until the drama with the misfire began. There's been other problems owning this car is like being pecked to death by chickens. I will never purchase another Chrysler. OH and it leaks like a sieve when it rains!

Great Convert
By Red on 12/25/07 11:45 AM (PST)

2003 Chrysler Sebring Limited 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Fun car and noticed. Drives like a big car and handles almost like a sports car. The best (only) ragtop I've owned. I love it. Great car for the money.

I love this car
By Linsey on 09/30/07 12:25 PM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

We bought this car 4 years old and I believe it still drives like it did when the first buyer bought it. It is fun and stylish. It gives the feel of a sports car without the price tag or insurance boost. Whoever designed this car needs a raise! This car is for someone who loves driving. You would have to be able to get up and down easily and not have to get to the back seat very often.